Author Topic: Hot Seat #5.......jjfritsche (Jeanne)!!!! Have fun!  (Read 19989 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Hot Seat #5.......jjfritsche (Jeanne)!!!! Have fun!
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2005, 01:19:01 pm »
Oh! It was hilarious, actually. At first, he thought my sunglasses were going to be a distraction (they were hot pink), then he decided my eye would be even more of a distraction - especially for him, probably because he would have to stare at it the whole time.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2005, 01:46:58 pm »
Was he one of those memorable inspirational teachers who made you who you are today...being an English teacher and all...and considering your insasiable desire to make the world syntax free. :)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2005, 01:53:22 pm »
Was he one of those memorable inspirational teachers who made you who you are today...being an English teacher and all...and considering your insasiable desire to make the world syntax free. :)

First of all it's "insatiable"!

Actually, he was kind of a jerk, but I enjoyed his class for the most part. My most memorable teacher was my journalism teacher in high school. Mrs. Peterson. She was great. She pretty much let us get away with murder if we were on the newspaper or yearbook staff (I was newspaper - reporter, then sports editor, then Ed. in Chief), but she taught us a lot, too and she was always there for us.

The other teacher who really made an impact on me in high school was, ironically, Mr. Pedersen (no relation), the psychology teacher. He looked like a cross between John Malkovich and Carrot Top and was goofy and fun, but really taught us all a lot about ourselves and interpersonal relatonships and how to handle conflict, etc.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2005, 01:56:41 pm »
My spelling stinks....my copyediting professor in college was always yelling at me for that.  :(  I'm an old dog and can't learn new tricks.  :)
Psychology was great too...aren't all Psych teachers a little goofy anyway. 
What kind of "imbalances" did you discover in Psych class?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2005, 03:37:29 pm »
Well, High School psych was pretty basic. College psych was a little more involved. I was originally going to major in psychology, but after my freshman year, i changed my major to Communications .

People who know me tend to naturally ask me for advice and I didn't think having people come to me for advice would be as rewarding if I was getting paid for it. I didn't want it to become a chore.

Does that make any sense?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2005, 03:42:55 pm »
yes it makes sense.  sounds like me.  I was a pshyc major for 2 years then went into communications .   I discovered I had too many schizophrenia's and nuerological misfirings to help people.  :)   I think I diagnosed myself as Hebephrenic once.
So...What historical event would you absolutely love to cover?
and do you buy the Warren Report and believe in the "Magic Bullet" theory or do you think there was more than one shooter on this day 42 years ago when Kennedy was shot?  (Can't believe it was that long ago already)  I always wanted to become an investigative reporter and break the Warren Commission completely open. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 03:44:51 pm by lins_saving_grace »

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2005, 04:03:32 pm »
hmmm.. historical event I would love to cover.... I'm going to have to say the Civil War. It just seems like it was so much more of a "gentleman's war" in some ways.

I would probably cover it from the abolitionists point of view. I would have loved to have been a rebel female abolitionist speaking out against the horrors of actually considering people as possessions, attending grand balls only to be thrown out of some and celebrated in others because I can't keep my mouth shut.

As far as the Warren Report and JFK, I never really got into that whole conspiracy theory and the JFK years. I'm much more interested in why the government refuses to declassify Area 51. Just what do they think they are hiding??

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2005, 04:40:39 pm »
hmmm.. historical event I would love to cover.... I'm going to have to say the Civil War. It just seems like it was so much more of a "gentleman's war" in some ways.

I would probably cover it from the abolitionists point of view. I would have loved to have been a rebel female abolitionist speaking out against the horrors of actually considering people as possessions, attending grand balls only to be thrown out of some and celebrated in others because I can't keep my mouth shut.

As far as the Warren Report and JFK, I never really got into that whole conspiracy theory and the JFK years. I'm much more interested in why the government refuses to declassify Area 51. Just what do they think they are hiding??
Good question!!!  What do you think they are hiding? 
I loved "Indepence Day".  That would be a cool drama to unfold too.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2005, 06:00:13 pm »
The secret formula for Pop Rocks.

The other side of the vortex that sucks in socks from the dryers across the country.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2005, 07:44:46 pm »
Favorite color?

Favorite season?

Favorite pastime?

Describe your idea of a perfect day.

Also, if you had to pick one, what would you say has been the best day of your life so far
RIP former BPO

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2005, 08:58:16 pm »
I can't remember if these have been asked already or not.

Favorite body part?

Favorite type of music?

Favorite decade?

Favorite movie and why?

Favorite board game?

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2005, 01:15:05 am »
How many lick does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? :D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2005, 02:47:40 am »
Favorite color?

Favorite season?

Favorite pastime?

Describe your idea of a perfect day.

Also, if you had to pick one, what would you say has been the best day of your life so far

favorite color: red

favorite season: autumn (and I miss it. Louisiana doesn't have an autumn)

favorite pastime: playing with my dogs (DUH!) or reading and people watching

perfect day: I wake up to breakfast in bed - my husband's stuffed french toast, all the pets have already been fed and there is a maid coming to clean the house while my husband and I take a day trip on a surprise adventure - like skydiving or just to some place we've never been before. We spend all day together, have a nice lunch, maybe a little shopping and then spend the evening at a spa for massages and pampering and a nice, catered dinner in a private room. I'll leave the rest of the evening to your imagination.

best day of my life so far: Man! these are hard questions!!  It sounds corny, but I'd have to say my wedding day and not just because I got to marry my best friend. I planned everything - down to the last detail and I was so proud to see it all come together. Many of my friends and family were there that I had not seen in a long time and we all had so much fun.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 02:52:37 am by jjfritsche »

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2005, 02:57:54 am »
I can't remember if these have been asked already or not.

Favorite body part?

Favorite type of music?

Favorite decade?

Favorite movie and why?

Favorite board game?

favorite body part: I think my nose is adorable, others say my smile is my best feature

favorite type of music: 80s rock (favorite artist: BILLY JOEL)

favorite decade: the 80s!!!! everyone was happy in the 80s.

favorite movie: The Color Purple and A Little Princess. both movies make me cry every time I see them . they are both beautifully produced and are great stories of triumph over adversity. I watch either one of them any time I need a cathartic release.

Favorite board game: Scrabble

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2005, 03:01:16 am »
How many lick does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? :D

for me? about 12. I can't wait any longer than that to get to the center.