Author Topic: Chilly Bones  (Read 3597 times)

MommyOfSchnauzers

Chilly Bones
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:23:16 pm »
I bought a toy called a "Chilly Bone" from PetSmart.  It's made of a canvas material, and you run water over it, put it in a plastic reusable bag (comes with the bone) and freeze it for an hour.  Then you give it to your teething dog to chew.  Dazy loves this.  It's great!  My one and only complaint is that it is white and in no time looks really nasty no matter how much you try to clean it! lol  Great to a teethin pup or a real chewer!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Chilly Bones
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 06:47:33 pm »
Darnit! I was scooped again!! I've been taking old socks, soaking them in water and freezing them for teething dogs to chew on for YEARS!! And I've told countless people about this little trick, too. I just know one of them is making money off my idea now! :D

I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. ;)
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:35:53 pm »
We bought zoey one of the rubber chilly bones back when she was teething, and she didn't really like it. I know she would have liked the canvas one, but she deffinately loved her plain old frozen socks :)
RIP former BPO

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 09:59:10 pm »
lol  I gave her a frozen washcloth before I found the chilly bone.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 11:59:35 pm »
Bought it, It was a failure here with both pups, I had high hopes for it.. No clue but the stuff you buy never seems to be as fun as other junk like paper towel tubes, etc... dang kids.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 11:37:50 am »
Earnest chewed it up within 2 minutes, even frozen solid.  Then (because it was really cheap) I tried a chilly banana, that was worse, little pieces of plastic everywhere! Frozen bones were the only thing that lasted any time at all. 

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 11:51:14 pm »
We've had ours for about 3 weeks now, and it's still all intact.  She loves it, but she's not a super bad chewer.  She is just teething and likes to carry the cold stuff around in her mouth.