Author Topic: World's Ugliest dog died today...  (Read 3682 times)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
World's Ugliest dog died today...
« on: November 21, 2005, 06:12:45 pm »
Aww, poor pup...

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - Sam, the tiny dog whose hairless body and crooked teeth earned him a reputation as the World’s Ugliest Dog, has died.

The pooch died Friday, just short of his 15th birthday, his owner said.

“I don’t think there’ll ever be another Sam,” Susie Lockheed said, adding: “Some people would think that’s a good thing.”

Sam won the ugliest dog contest at the Sonoma-Marin Fair this summer for the third year in a row. The pedigreed Chinese crested had made appearances on TV in Japan, radio in New Zealand and in Britain’s Daily Mirror tabloid. He also had met Donald Trump on a talk show set.

Lockheed said she initially was terrified of Sam when she agreed to take him in as a rescue dog six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.

Later, however, Sam became a matchmaker by bringing together Lockheed and her current beau, who saw a picture of the two on an online dating site.

Lockheed said she had Sam euthanized after she learned Sam’s heart was failing.

She said she’s felt a little lost ever since, and is sleeping with Sam’s favorite toy — a stuffed bear he picked up and carried home.
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline Proliant

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: World's Ugliest dog died today...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 06:23:40 pm »
"Ugly" is in the eye of the beholder.

I will never forget my aunt's dog Stubby. He looked like a little gremlin and only had 3 legs (he was found as a stray and just never left) but he was one of the sweetest dogs I ever met.

My condolances to the poor lady who had to put him down.

Matthew and Goliath

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 06:23:51 pm »
AW! Poor guy!

Here's to Sam. He wore his title with pride.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 06:24:56 pm »
R.I.P. Dear old man, atleast he was loved and taken care of!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 12:31:22 pm »
Aww that is sad, I feel for her it is the hardest thing having to put down a pet that you love. My heart goes out to her. And at least Sam was loved and left this world knowing that.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 12:36:03 pm »
Poor Sam's owner. It is a hard thing to do.