Author Topic: Rainy days  (Read 3884 times)

lins_saving_grace

Rainy days
« on: May 06, 2005, 01:08:04 pm »
I don't know about where you are, but it's gonna be a wet weekend here. 
Anyone else gonna have to hold trembling puppies during thunder booms and lighting flashes?

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Rainy days
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:44:04 pm »
Not here. Supposed to be warm!! Im in Northern Ontario, Canada.We could really use the rain though. Judge loves rain. Im not to sure how he will be in a thunder storm though. Last Summer we only had a couple and he was fine. He was only a puppy though. ???
Hope the storms arent too hard on your babys.
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

nickerbokker

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 01:48:56 pm »
we don't have thunder and lightning....w e get lots of rain, but it comes alone.  the dogs hate getting wet by rain, but thats about it.

when i lived in missouri, we ALWAYS had HUGE storms, and it used to freak out sam and bailey...but not here, not anymore....its great!

hold the babies tight!  i think the best part about being a mom is when they are scared and they come to you to make it all better....don't have human kids, never will, but my furbabies are the most lovable things in the world!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 01:54:21 pm »
Lady and Grace hate the noise.  Grace tested high on her sound sensitivity and every noise perks her right up.  Her first storm was a month ago and she just went bonkers.  And of course we had to pee during the ordeal.  Go figure.  We ran out and right back in almost till I made her go quick.
Lady was only scared of the lightening.  I stood outside with her for 30 minutes trying to calm her down and hurry with her business.  But no...we had to stand outside and get completely soaked.   Her last rain shower she played in the grass and both of them tried to catch rain drops in their mouths. 
Now give Lady snow and she's in heavan.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 05:17:12 pm »
Poor Lins! That is horrible to have 2 dogs to hold tight and keep safe from the mean, scary storm outside. I wish that I could give you some words of wisdom to help you out but I've never had that expereince. Bear loves the rain, hail, thunder and is fascinated by lightening. He also loves strong winds, snow and splashing around in the water when he is swimming & he is always there to calm me down when I'm scared.   ;D  Give Lady and Grace big hugs and kisses and reassur ethem that everything is going to be ok since mom is there.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 03:31:29 pm »
My Dobe Ace is fascinated with thunder and lightning and I only just adopted Sasha 6 weeks ago and we haven't had a thunder storm yet so I will have to wait and see how she is.

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 12:02:21 pm »
I try to make it fun, I yell "yeah" & get goofy, make sure the tv's up loud enough the only one who is really scared is Chazzy 10yr old gsd.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 05:08:30 pm »
Hey Lins,
How did they do with the recent series of storms?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 10:05:33 am »
Last night was just windy...and no thunder or lightening crashing.  Last week didn't kick in like they siad it was going to.  So we'll find out maybe tonight...we're supposed to have a bad storm.  They may not hear it this afternoon since they are crated in the basement and they can see out the slider.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 01:06:25 pm »
We had real real bad storm going through here both yesterday and the day before, Buffy our Golden mix hates it, but the others are okay, Galahad doesnt even bother to lift an eye when it thunders at its worst. But I have had dogs that really really got scared and it is horrible, so I know what you are going through, it is horrible.

I dont know about you, but we are supposed to have bad weather here for the weekend too, and we have a wedding to go to sunday, of course an outdoor wedding...... Hope they have a plan B.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog