Author Topic: Green goop. Ew.  (Read 1880 times)

Offline declanssexymama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Um, I got BIG!
    • View Profile
Green goop. Ew.
« on: November 24, 2005, 10:50:49 am »
When we got Crede a few weeks ago, he had a cold and some conjunctivitis .  We put him on antibiotics and had this clear ointment to put in his eyes.  Everything cleared up but now he's got the green goopies again in his eyes.  Is this normal?  Something to be concerned about?  He hasn't been around any other dogs where he'd contract conjunctivitis again.  And his eyes aren't the blood red that normally accompanies puppy pink-eye.  So what gives?  Anyone else have this? ???
God help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline declanssexymama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Um, I got BIG!
    • View Profile
Re: Green goop. Ew.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 02:27:30 pm »
...bumping this because I really need help!...
God help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
Re: Green goop. Ew.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 03:02:24 pm »
the green goop does indicate some some of infection or allergic reaction (could be dust, mold, pollen, something that he is allergic to and this is his eyes' way of protecting itself and clearing out the foreign matter).  also lots of times shampoos in the eyes can cause this type of reaction.  continue to use the antibiotic ointment for the eyes and i would wash them out with a warm cloth several times daily before applying the ointment.  i see this alot at the shop where the water (soap, shampoo) during the dog's bath will irritate the eyes. 

if he had a cold a few weeks ago, then i would bet he still has it to some degree or he is having nasal allergies.   
~SHELLIE & HUGO~