Author Topic: Adopt a turkey  (Read 5414 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Adopt a turkey
« on: November 22, 2005, 10:26:56 pm »
Hey everyone,

I heard about this on the radio while at work this morning.  I had never heard of this before but I thought I would pass along the website.  The website is www.farmsanctu ary.com.  I will admit that the only part I really looked at was the adopting a turkey part of the website.  Mainly because that was what they were talking about on the radio. 

Kat   
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Adopt a turkey
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 11:43:20 pm »
A PETA website.
They are EVIL.
And they serve no usefull purpose than to strike a chord with pet owners who do not know better!
Stay away from these people.
They serve no purpose.
Their mission is to eliminate pet ownership, farming of animals, hunting, fishing, and anything that allows us to be the Alpha species!
They disguise themselves to be Defenders, and yet their record shows them to be 'Destryoyers'.
DO NOT FALL  INTO THE RHETORIC OF THEIR LIES!
The only reason that your Turkey existed is for you to enjoy 'eating it'!
Have a 'Happy Thanksgiving"!
If PETA was around at the time of the Original Thanksgiving then I would say that PETA stood for "People Enjoying Tasty Animals"!
But I know better...
And the modern manifistatio of PETA is EVIL!
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 10:05:32 am »
A PETA website.
They are EVIL.
And they serve no usefull purpose than to strike a chord with pet owners who do not know better!
Stay away from these people.
They serve no purpose.
Their mission is to eliminate pet ownership, farming of animals, hunting, fishing, and anything that allows us to be the Alpha species!
They disguise themselves to be Defenders, and yet their record shows them to be 'Destryoyers'.
DO NOT FALL  INTO THE RHETORIC OF THEIR LIES!
The only reason that your Turkey existed is for you to enjoy 'eating it'!
Have a 'Happy Thanksgiving"!
If PETA was around at the time of the Original Thanksgiving then I would say that PETA stood for "People Enjoying Tasty Animals"!
But I know better...
And the modern manifistatio of PETA is EVIL!

Tulsa's Dad! How can you say that!  You obviously know nothing about PETA.  You should check out their website: http://wave.prohosting.com/antiar/peta1.html

;D  ;D  ;D

Sofia

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 04:54:51 pm »
I have to say that I'm with Tulsa's Dad, although maybe not as vehemently.  I farm (on a small scale) and can not in good concience agree with anything PETA does or says.  They are the worst propagandist since Hitler and Stalin.   And yes, I've done my research.  My personal favorite was their blast against IAMS pet food company....you know, the video of the "horrible cruelty" against dogs in the name of research....an d the "abused" dogs were waking up from surgery.  I just adored it!   :'(  The financial statements say it all for me...

BTW, I raised my own turkey this year...butcher ed, processed and ATE it...OMG!

Forgot to add:  The turkeys they are "saving"...are broad breasted whites.  It is truly inhumane and a unique kind of cruelty to keep these birds alive past the age to butcher.  They are bred for meat and will develope horrendous health problems and will usually die very shortly after what would be butcher time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 04:57:30 pm by cricket36580 »

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 05:02:16 pm »
Read the link.  You are mistaken about PETA.   ;)

Sofia

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 06:05:21 pm »
HeeHeeHee- I'm a member of that "PETA" also!!!

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 06:39:59 pm »
I'm all for PETA (People or the Eating of Tasty Animals)

Totally AGAINST PETA (yeah, I know what it really means, but in their case it shoud stand for Plonkers for the Extermination of Tame Animals)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 08:16:37 pm »
I am so sorry.  I didn't mean to start anything.  I had never heard of anyone saving and adopting a turkey and it made me laugh.  I personally am not a fan of PETA.  I am sure that there are some level headed individuals in that group but I haven't had that experience with PETA.     
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 11:19:37 pm »
I am so sorry.  I didn't mean to start anything.  I had never heard of anyone saving and adopting a turkey and it made me laugh.  I personally am not a fan of PETA.  I am sure that there are some level headed individuals in that group but I haven't had that experience with PETA.     

You didn't.  Sophia's PETA stands for something other than what you think it does.  People For the Eating of Tasty Animals.  It was a joke.   ;)

As far as I know, there are no PETA lovers here.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 12:12:39 am »
Okay, now I feel like a moron.  I didn't get a chance to go to the link and look at the website.   ;D 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

cricket36580

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 10:40:58 am »
I've already apologized to Sophie...and I'll apologize to everyone else too.  I'm rather rabid about PETA...See, I hobby farm and have some run-ins with these morons.  I raise my own meat...butcher and process it much to their dismay.  The think I'm evil incarnate for doing so.  :-\

I do feel rather STUPID though cause I actually went to the link and still didn't realize it was a joke.  I guess my ire colored my ability to either read or think.  ::)  Sorry again... 

this is me slinking away to climb under the nearest rock.....

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 10:50:39 am »
If anyone started something, it was me.   :-[  I'm sorry.  I guess we all just feel too strongly about PETA to joke much about it.  (I don't like them any more than the rest of you.)

Sofia

P.S. My parents plan on having a hobby farm too.  What a coincidence!  :)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 07:52:51 pm »
I've already apologized to Sophie...and I'll apologize to everyone else too.  I'm rather rabid about PETA...See, I hobby farm and have some run-ins with these morons.  I raise my own meat...butcher and process it much to their dismay.  The think I'm evil incarnate for doing so.  :-\

I do feel rather STUPID though cause I actually went to the link and still didn't realize it was a joke.  I guess my ire colored my ability to either read or think.  ::)  Sorry again... 

this is me slinking away to climb under the nearest rock.....
If you are evil, I'm your willing minion! (that's Minion, not mignon as in "Filet Mignon")
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 01:58:26 am by PupDaddy »

cricket36580

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2005, 03:32:50 pm »
thanks sweetie!!  Sometimes it's nice to know you have support....Or is that enablers???  ;D