Author Topic: Loki is now in Colorful Colarado  (Read 4588 times)

Offline charlotte5050

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Loki is now in Colorful Colarado
« on: October 26, 2005, 12:28:59 am »
After much soul searching and anquish, I placed Loki in a new home.

I interviewed many prospective families and finally found the family that will be perfect for her.   She now lives in Colorado with really super Mom and Dad and 3 children.  The family had a Rottweiler that died this last spring from old age.  They are familiar with the breed and know what is involved in keeping a rottweiler.  So many people that I interviewed had no idea - just wanted a kick-a** dog. 

She gets to be in the house 24/7 and has fit right in like she has always been there.  I am a little jealous that she is doing so well.  Robert would never let me have her in the house for more than little bits at a time. 

I miss her.
Charlotte

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: Loki is now in Colorful Colarado
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 12:30:37 am »
That's great. 
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 12:38:51 am »
I am very sorry that you had to rehome Loki, but congratulation s on finding her a wonderful family.
Stella

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 01:03:14 am »
So bitter sweet!  But at least she has a great family who you know will always love her in all the right ways.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 10:18:55 am »
It must have been hard part with her. In your heart , you know she has a great new home. Sounds like a very loving family she went to. Think about all the memories she will make for those children. ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 10:19:40 am by Icerotti »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 10:00:14 pm »
Hi Loki!  Welcome to Colorful Colorado!   :-*

I'm so sorry that you had to part with Loki. It must be really hard on you. I promise that I will pet every Rottie here in Colorado that I meet (after first asking permission). Maybe I will get lucky and be able to give a scratch to Loki for you.

Julie
How sweet!!!
When you're done in Colorado you should take that show to other states.  There are at least 2 here in Michigan who love their butts scratched.  :)  ???

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 10:39:55 pm »
My heart sinks like that too.  Dogs feel lonely too.  Maybe he got love when the gas station guy was at the store.  :) 
The big "C"?  I've seen the "C" and the D, E, F, J, L, O, S, T, U, V and W too.   
They are stretchy creatures.  But yeah...they are clowns and they know it. :) Mine are the biggest clowns I've ever met.  They live to make me giggle.

Offline loki

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Loki's Place
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 10:45:04 pm »
< I've been in colorado all along.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 01:08:03 am »
no kidding.  Slinky is actually a cute name.  It'll be a while before we get another one though.
Boxers are neat too.  I work with a girl whose boxer now has twin skin sisters.  he loves them like his own.  :)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 04:07:00 pm »
Will the family contact you if they cannot keep her for some reason down the road? That always scares me - that they will end up in a bad home in a round-about way later on...even though you've done your best to find the best home initially. I worry that way.

See, personally, I would say the husband has to stay outside...in his own little shack, etc. The dog always has the right of way...but, then again, I guess I am the Howard Hughes type...a WEIRDO! Some day I just might live in my car to keep a dog in my life.  ;) :P :'(
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner