Author Topic: Need some Help with somethin...  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Need some Help with somethin...
« on: November 28, 2005, 03:06:22 am »
As some of you know, i've been on a mad search for a white female bull terrier, to show alongside my Zero bug... we have found a breeder who sounds terrific... and im very happy with the disision of the breeder we chose....
Anyway, we also were thinking about getting a Chinese Crested dog... you know, those completely weird lookin- but so cute and irrisistable, hairless toy breeds...  we are not sure right now of which breed we want to bring to the house hold... i know im afraid of zero hurting the toy breed...  but he IS great with all other dogs... but... i'd like some opinions... thanks
Jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Blair

Re: Need some Help with somethin...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 08:30:26 am »
I have always loved Chinese Cresteds  :) Maybe since Zero will be raised with it he will understand how to be gentle around it? I never thought my 2 big guys would be so gentle with Diesel, but its almost like they can tell. Good luck with ever you decide, but remember I want PICS  ;D

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 08:43:30 am »
My 2 dobes absolutely adore my little rattie puppy. They even play a little rough with her at times, but never hurt her, and she eats it up! Chinese cresteds are kind of feisty, and aren't all that fragile, so if you decide to get one, I'm sure that Zero would recognize it as a 'family member' and treat it as so.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 12:09:37 pm »
I love Chinese cresteds, and plan on getting one down the road.  Zero should have no problems getting along with it if he already is fine with little dogs.  I know of someone that has a pit/kelpie mix and he gets along great with her crested.

But I would really research the breed before getting them.  They need alot of extra skin care due to their being naked (unless you would get a powder puff).   Most need weekly baths, skin treatments, moisturizers, and especially sunblock. It will need to have a full wardrobe b/c they get cold easily.  They need special care taken of their teeth b/c most loose their teeth by the time they are 4 yrs old.