Author Topic: Mokey's mommy... unveiled!!  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Mokey's mommy... unveiled!!
« on: November 28, 2005, 05:10:19 pm »
Well, I still haven't met her in the flesh, but the adoption lady finally sent me pictures of Mokey's mommy!
She had always been described as an Irish Wolfhound mix. I guess it's possible, since I don't know how tall she is or what she looks like from the side... but to me she looks very much labrador and... airedale? Any other guesses out there?

I am supposedly going to meet her in a few weeks at the next adoption day but I am not holding my breath, because our last two meetings have been cancelled for random reasons. I'm just glad I know what her face looks like now! I think she's a cutie. She reminds me of Keagan!

Ok, so two pics of mama dog, a pic of Mokey's brothers, and a new picture of Mokey the big puppy girl! :D

Kiahpyr

Re: Mokey's mommy... unveiled!!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 05:12:50 pm »
Great pics! They're all so cute! Mokey is sure getting big!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 05:14:30 pm »
She does have a certain Keagan-esque look to her. Maybe giant schnauzer in there? I don't see the IW, either - nose is too big.

J.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 05:17:55 pm »
Great pics, it's amazing how different Mokey looks compaired to her brothers. I have no idea as to what breed her mom is. She does look to have some terrier in her though.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 05:21:43 pm »
Wow she is so pretty! and such a unique color!  I have no idea what else she might be mixed with....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 05:22:24 pm by Rachel »
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 05:23:10 pm »
Hehe, it's funny- I thought seeing the mama would help me figure out what mix Mokey is... but really it's not helping much! Everyone who sees Mokey still thinks she is a purebred white lab.  :D

« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 05:24:23 pm by doghealer »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 05:28:07 pm »
Mokey does have a Lab face.  She is really cute, I think that she has Lab in her. Do you know what breed the father is?

Nina
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 05:43:50 pm by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 05:32:52 pm »
I would guess terrier for the mom as well.  Standind next to those other dogs, she doens't look that much taller than them.  She looks like she has a curly tail, which throws me a bit.  I can see the possibility of lab in her too.

I wonder how many fathers there are for the litter?  The one looks similar to Mokey, but with wire hair.  The other's head is similar shaped, but the markings are way different.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 05:36:36 pm »
Mokey daes have a Lab face.  She is really cute, I think that she has Lab in her. Do you know what breed the father is?

Nina

Heck no! But I wish I knew what the father was! Judging from Mokey's temperament though he could have been an Anatolian shepherd!!! She is a serious home-protector, toy-protector, suspicious-of-strangers, won't-let-anybody-but-me-and-my-boyfriend-touch-her, growly, bark-out-the-window, thinks-she's-a-professional-guard-dog kind of gal at a mere 16 weeks!!! I need to get on the socialization train PRONTO now that she is fully vaccinated!!!

Oh, and she has those mysterious double dewclaws so there is still the pyr possibility.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 05:41:31 pm »
As a Giant Schnauzer owner... I really don't think it's Schnauzer.  Other than that bit of my 2 cents worth, I don't know.  I do know that she is very cute!!!!!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 07:45:16 pm »
I do see lab in the mother... I don't know what else... I'm not an IW aficionado, but the coarse fur looks right

Mokey's getting HUGE!!!!
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc