Author Topic: Misty the mystery dog...more to come!  (Read 16517 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Misty the mystery dog...more to come!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 12:58:06 am »
Shameless bump! ;D & she is possibly a KUVASZ not a KOMONDOR...lol!

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 01:14:27 am »
HA! Yeah, definitely not a Komondor! hehehehe! That much is true. But, hey, maybe BPO knows something we don't?  ;)

Marsi, so what you're saying is that its freaky to know all the dog breeds? Hmm.....maybe I should get therapy! hehehehe! And Rebekah, You do the dog breed encyclopedia thing, too?! hehehehe! (Big surprise...)

Andi, you'd better get on it, girl!

Chelle, racy red is gonna be super cute on her!

angelsmama

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 03:05:56 am »
oh she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! i couldnt ever foster id wanna keep them all  :D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 09:48:45 am »
I am so happy for you.  Sammy and Pippin are going to love having a girl to boss them around.  Please please please post lots of photos. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 08:19:34 pm »
Well, we got her home & she is truely a sweetie!...She does have a very Kuv like face for sure!...She has a single dewclaw on her rear feet...I took her to the vet to be looked over before we even brought her home & she is in good shape but we did have to do a pregnancy test the vet thought she might be pregnant but she isn't...So, she might be going into heat...We also had to take alot of fur off of her tail because it was so full of burrs that it looked beyond just brushing out...It was a mess!!...We had two loose stolls in the van on the way home & there was worms in it so we had her wormed right away...Of coarse Samson & Pippin stepped in it so we'll be worming them in 3 weeks...Samson & Pippin get along wonderfully with her & she with them!...She seems to like the cats very much & loves Randy & the kids...We still don't know if she is housebroke or not...She doesn't know much about steps & HATES being on a leash but that's how I am taking her out to potty right now because I don't know for sure if she will jump my fence or not...I will post pics later on a new thread...She is so pretty!!...Forgot to mention that she doesn't seem to know any of her basic commands so I will be working on that as soon as she is more comfy here...& she also found out that cheese is a good thing!...lol!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 08:22:36 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Kiahpyr

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 10:44:38 pm »
Gyps I'm so excited for you! I can't wait for pics!!!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 11:35:08 pm »
Oh Gyps, just think of how much you are going to teach her!  You are helping her SO much.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

k2campbell

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 12:26:51 am »
What a pretty girl, she has such a sweet face.  She just looks like a doll.  Best of luck with her, bless you for doing what you do  :)

Anakalia

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 12:31:01 am »
I'm glad you're taking care of her!  She does look like a sweetheart!

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 12:09:26 pm »
Gyps, just a heads up.  Don't know if this is 100% true but someone told me that a neuter isn't fully effective for 6 months.  How long ago did Pippin get the snip?  If that pretty girl is going into heat there might be a chance that he's still able to get her pregnant. 

No, this is not true.  Removal of the testicles removes the chance of getting pregnant.  Even if thre was semen in the tubes, I believe the record for sperm survival is 10 days or something like that.

I believe behavioral changes (such as obsessive humping) may not be seen for up to 6 months or longer, depending on how old the male is when neutered.

Your new girl is absolutely gorgeous!!  She has a very sweet face.  :)