Author Topic: The Case of the Mysterious Hole  (Read 4734 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
The Case of the Mysterious Hole
« on: November 29, 2005, 04:51:03 pm »
Today, a mysterious event took place in our yard.  To be more precise, we found a HOLE in the herb garden.  It was not a little hole either; it is quite large.  See for yourself:

This hole is eight to twelve inches deep.  It is evident that something had to dig this hole, as it appeared quite suddenly.  After much deliberation, the list of suspects has been narrowed to two.

The first suspect:

The second suspect:

Some evidence was compiled to reach a verdict.  The first piece is a close up of the first suspect's paws.

The second piece of evidence is a close up of the first suspect's head.

This is a close up of the second suspect's paws.

This is a close up of the second suspect's head.

This conclusive evidence led the jury to a quick decision.  Suspect 1 is GUILTY AS CHARGED!

However, the guilty managed to sway the jury in his favor.

Sentence: remanded

;D ;D ;D

Sofia

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: The Case of the Mysterious Hole
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 04:52:21 pm »
Too cute!!!!  I LOVE the guilty face!!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 04:53:01 pm »
Wow! That's one big hole! Love the pics! How can anyone not forgive that face!?!?! LOL!!!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 05:04:23 pm »
That is SO funny! ;D

It must have been "muddy paw" day and no one told us. I went home at lunch to check on Hop-a-long Hubby and let the dogs out. Oasis decides he's going to run over to the ditch and crawl through the drainage pipe. He had huge clods of mud on his feet and I spent my lunch hour cleaning the floors with the Flip-It. (I LOVE the Flip-it, by the way!). To punish him, I cut his toenails while I cleaned his feet - and unintentionall y made one bleed so now I have to wash his bed when I get home.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 05:05:36 pm »
Good job Sherlock!  You missed your calling.  :) 
Nice hole!  I wonder how they do with covering them back up.  If they are any good at that...let me know ... I have a few holes Lady and Grace don't want to fill and patch. 

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 07:17:08 pm »
I wonder how they do with covering them back up.

I watched my sister's 7 month old border collie baby do just that last week!. 

We were talking in her dining room, which has a sliding glass door into the backyard.  As we talked, he started digging, but since it's a new house and has no grass, it didn't matter.  He dug all the way down so he was about half in the hole, just the top of his head visible.  Then he got up, turned around, and dug all the dirt he'd just taken OUT of the hole back INTO the hole, then continued down to his ears again.  Dug the dirt back into THIS hole. Then, standing at an angle, proceeded to dig a hole where he'd been standing BETWEEN the first to holes.  I was baffled.  When I asked my sister what the h*ll he was doing she just laughed and said, "Just watch him."

He proceeded to dig dirt out of holes and into holes in about a 4 square foot area pretty methodically for almost 2 hours, non stop.  (I think he must be part badger, not pure border collie, incidentally.  And not just because of the digging.)

THEN, after all the holes in this excavation of his were surprisingly evenly dug and filled in, he dragged his outside tarp over the top of the whole area, flopped down on it and went to sleep.   His sister the shepherd mix joined him. 

Now I know why my sister hasn't sodded or planted grass in her yard.  She's waiting for her dog to rototill it for her, the lazyass girl.

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 08:45:32 pm »
very cute :)
RIP former BPO

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 12:03:26 pm »
I think your pups should team up with Babs ups and maybe dig a hole deep enough to bring some troops home. ;D

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 12:05:56 pm »
OMG!  I never even saw this thread...i have mysterious holes too...i wonder what could be doing them
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Perdi's Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 12:08:25 pm »
That is too funny!  My crazy dog Duke, dug a huge hole in my yard last summer.....I found out why as he pulled this nasty sock from the hole...funny thing is, it wasn't any of ours!  Come to find out the people that owned this house before us had a dog that liked to hide things in holes...Duke, our dog, never bothered the hole again though after I filled it back in...
Our pets love us no matter what....can't say the same for humans....