Author Topic: My Mom's "Other" Children  (Read 8277 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
My Mom's "Other" Children
« on: August 23, 2005, 12:18:47 pm »
So, I had last week off from work, and decided to spend some of it in the Arizona sun with my Mom and Dad.  I had a great time and got to spend time with my parents "other" children. 

Misty and Shiloh are both total sweethearts.  When I stay with my folks, Shiloh is my special buddy (probably because I can work the icemaker, which is his god) and crams himself into a twin bed with me whenever I lay down.  Misty rules the house with an iron paw, and will bark out an answer if you ask her a question.  I love 'em both!

So, check out my awful pictures of my competition for parental love - they are cuter than I am, but I don't need to go outside at 5 AM or chew on the couch, so I think we come out about even!   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: My Mom's "Other" Children
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 12:43:47 pm »
My dad's other children are my brother, my sister, my two stepsisters and when you add in my stepmom, I have enough humans to compete with.  He does have a little dog but I can usually trump her for attention since I am bigger. 
I do have to compete for his attention once he gets to my house since he would rather hang with Rocco and Maia.  But I guess that is my fault since they are my dogs. 
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 01:54:17 pm »
Shortly after I posted this, I received this email....

To my ex-sister Marsi,

Although I have loved snuggling with you in that twin bed in the past, and have rejoiced in your mastery of the ice maker, I would just like to inform you that I will have to consider our relationship severed from this pointl¬  Not only is my picture blurry, I NO LONGER CHEW THE COUCH!!!

Nice knowing you,
Shiloh Fisher

Man, busted by a collie!¬  LOL!¬  ¬ ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 02:15:16 pm »
Talented doggy to be able to email.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 02:28:33 pm »
Oh, Marsi.¬  I'm sorry.¬  That was HARSH!!!

I KNOW!¬  What is up with that?¬  I shouldn't have mentioned the couch...¬  In all fairness, he does no longer chew it...¬  LOL!¬ 

Oh well, he will forgive me the next time I see him, because I will have my secret weapon - ice cubes!¬  He will powerless to resist.

Yes, Lins, he is very talented.¬  If only he could use it for good instead of evil.¬  ¬ :D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 02:30:58 pm »
Oh, Marsi.¬  I'm sorry.¬  That was HARSH!!!

I KNOW!¬  What is up with that?¬  I shouldn't have mentioned the couch...¬  In all fairness, he does no longer chew it...¬  LOL!¬ 

Oh well, he will forgive me the next time I see him, because I will have my secret weapon - ice cubes!¬  He will powerless to resist.

Yes, Lins, he is very talented.¬  If only he could use it for good instead of evil.¬  ¬ :D
Your baby is an ice hog too, huh? 
Grace goes nuts for them.   Is he accidentally being a devil again?

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 02:38:14 pm »
Your baby is an ice hog too, huh?¬ 
Grace goes nuts for them.¬  ¬ Is he accidentally being a devil again?

Ranger likes ice cubes okay, but my mom's collie, Shiloh, LOVES them!¬  You have never seen a dog move so fast in your life as when he hears the icemaker....¬  LOL!

Shiloh is the one who is ticked at me for spilling the beans about his little couch mishap...¬  ¬ ;)

But Ranger is always a devil.  I have been giving him water on his walks out of a bottle with a sports top lately, and now he is obsessed with any bottle with that kind of top.  Unfortunately, I also drink juice that comes in a similar bottle, and he will hunt me down and DEMAND juice! 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 02:40:25 pm by grumpybunny »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 02:40:00 pm »
Your baby is an ice hog too, huh?¬ 
Grace goes nuts for them.¬  ¬ Is he accidentally being a devil again?

Ranger likes ice cubes okay, but my mom's collie, Shiloh, LOVES them!¬  You have never seen a dog move so fast in your life as when he hears the icemaker....¬  LOL!

Shiloh is the one who is ticked at me for spilling the beans about his little couch mishap...¬  ¬ ;)

that's why they put that Lock on the ice makers in the fridges now.  so they dogs can't get on them and spill all the ice. 
I was stupid one day and asked the fridgerator sales guy why there was a button that said Lock on the ice maker hole. 

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 03:40:47 pm »
Well, apparently, Shiloh has decided to forgive me.¬  Here is his latest email....¬ 

To my beloved sister, Marsi.

As you can see, I have decided to reconsider the termination of our relationship.¬  I read that you have informed your list that I no longer chew couches, or anything else forbidden to me for that matter, so I have decided to forgive you for broadcasting evil gossip about me.¬  I want to reassure you that this decision in no way is based on the fact that you gift me with ice cubes at almost any opportunity----collies are never shallow dogs, my dear, although we never look a gift ice cube in the mouth.¬  (Well, actually, that's right where we prefer them!!¬  Ha, ha--a little collie humor!)¬ 

Also, to those of you who may have doubted my email skills, I ask----would not our great ancestor, Lassie, have quit all that useless barking, and merely used a cell phone or her computer to call for help if she had had them when that little trouble maker Timmy fell in the well again???¬  I think so, my friends.¬  And now, I bid you a good afternoon----I'm going back to listen to the theme music from Lassie on my Ipod.......

Love to you, my non-fur sister, and all your little friends,
Shiloh Fisher

I am SO glad he isn't mad at me anymore.¬  And, yes, my family IS slightly strange, why do you ask?¬  ¬ :D