Author Topic: HEY BABS!  (Read 3088 times)

Nicole

HEY BABS!
« on: December 02, 2005, 01:57:27 am »
Look at this dog on petfinders...d oesn't he kinda look like Misha?

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5306196

Kiahpyr

Re: HEY BABS!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 11:48:21 am »
I think he does except for them ears. He's so cute!!!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 02:23:16 pm »
Rather strange...the dog does look like he has some Caucasian in there...I am going to email and ask for more specific. but the bone on the dog is too thick for GSD or Collie
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 04:23:27 pm »
Yeah...as soon as I saw him, I thought, "WOAH! MISHA!" He's in my hometown..hehe heh....let me know if you want me to go look at him!  ;) ;) ;)

Offline YelenaLevitina

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Looove those BIG furballs
    • View Profile
    • Caucasian Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 08:22:58 pm »
Now that I looked at it, I think the picture is stretched horizontally, so the pup looks more massive than he is.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 08:36:15 pm »
I agree that the pic does not look quite proportional.

I can see shepherd in him, but I don't really see any collie.  They probably thought that b/c of his white markings, but I don't know.

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 09:22:36 pm »
Yeah, it is stretched some. But, he still resembles Misha in certain ways.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 10:21:40 am »
I got some puppy pics of the dog but you really cant tell because he is under blankets...The pic is squished so I am still waiting on current pictures.  Here is his story

Hi Barbra,

I am the person that rescued Bailey (now Angus).  He came from a non english speaking man (we think he was German) who was giving him away for free outside a store (Bailey's Discount Center).  He was no more than 8 week when we got him and in poor shape.  When the man was asked about the mother of the dog (my husband would have taken her too) he said "No momma, no more momma".  Bailey was covered in burrs, his puppy teeth were a shade of brown I have never seen with puppies, his coat was brittle, full of fleas, and he was scared of everything.  The first thing he got was a bath in organic tea tree shampoo and conditioner.  It took weeks of proper nutrition to make his hair soft and fluffy, I thought he was a wire coat at first.  He didn't know what dog food was, and he liked to hide and cower.  If we touched him he yipped in fear.

A week (almost two) after having him here he was potty trained.  He is one of the smartest canines I have ever met.  He learned commands in a day and rememberd them.  He grew like a weed and thrived.  We only had to tell him once where his boundaries were.  I can't remember being so impressed by a dog.  His coat grew fluffy and so soft and he started playing. 

Whenever people would come by he would still hide.  If you startled him he would yell in fear.  I am thinking withhis good memory he remembers the crappy treatment he had as a young pup.  I would not say he is protective at all.

He really does look similar to your girl, I had to wake my Husband up to see your pics.  He is not as fluffy, but everything else is so close. 

Bailey is one of the smartest dogs I have ever known.  I knew that the PT program was a good fit for him...it would help him socialize with humans and he would be able to show off his IQ.  It really is a fantastic program, the way the dogs are treated is amazing and both human and canine come out with an advantage.
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 03:41:47 pm »
Hmm...neat. She didn't give you a size or weight, huh? Its interesting. Maybe I'll go look at him when I'm up there.

She's right, the Prison Tails program is really awesome. Its so good for both the dogs and the inmates. A friend of a friend went through it and he actually got out and pursued dog training. (Haven't heard any updates on that, though)

Well, let me know if you want me to go check him out or anything...heh ehehe!  ;) ;)