Author Topic: At the beach in December!  (Read 8224 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
At the beach in December!
« on: December 03, 2005, 01:24:10 pm »
I know that many of you are playing in the snow and we are very jealous! So, I thought that I would share our weather with you by sharing our fun day at the beach yesterday in Santa Barbara, California. (Please notice that people are wearing t-shirts and shorts. )

We went to play with Bailey (Baileyboy) and Sasha (Jessdryden) who live there and loved every minute of it!  ;D There are two short videos of the 3 dogs playing in the water and some good old fashioned pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=tAQxFwSGrJM

http://www.youtube.com/?v=_FIv-s7LXy8
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 01:25:13 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Icerotti

Re: At the beach in December!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 01:28:08 pm »
I have to say I am very jealous of the sun , the water and the beach...lol
I guess we all what what we don't have.  The snow is fun for the first few weeks .Then it is just a pain.
Great pictures. ;D Looks like you all had a great day :)

Offline damar

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 01:33:07 pm »
Great pics! It looks like you guys had a blast.

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 01:34:05 pm »
Wow--looks like Paradise to me! ;D  Today at my house it's 30 degrees, and we are having good old freezing rain and sleet.  Gotta watch your step every inch of the way, in a car or on foot!  We were planning on taking a week vacation to South Carolina to the beach right after Christmas, but my neice who comes to stay w/ all my dogs while we are gone isnt going to be able to do it this time, so there goes any hope of thawing out till May!! Your dogs look like they are really enjoying the beach! Verrrry nice :)
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 01:39:02 pm »
I'm jealous! It looks like fun :) Plus, I hate snow and we're having it right now
RIP former BPO

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 01:43:10 pm »
I'm jealous too...and I live here!!  Hrrrummph!!  :( I was Christmas shopping which isn't nearly as much fun!  I'm just not going to let Chester and Cowboy see the pictures because there's nothing worse than a jealous Newfie!!!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 02:01:38 pm »
Awesome pics!!

It snowed here today... wanna switch places????  ;D
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 02:23:28 pm »
I'm jealous too...and I live here!!  Hrrrummph!!  :( I was Christmas shopping which isn't nearly as much fun!  I'm just not going to let Chester and Cowboy see the pictures because there's nothing worse than a jealous Newfie!!!

Awww...don't make the boys jealous. We'll see them next month and be able to play at the beach again!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 02:43:02 pm »
Hello there!

We are jealous of your nice weather too!  We got our first snow last night and the pups were very happy!  I think they love the snow as much as the water. 

We are still hoping for a white Christmas.  Kids, pups and horses all love a fresh snowfall!

Enjoy Everyone!

Anita & the 3 Goofy Newfs from NJ

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 03:07:46 pm »
Great pictures!! Looks like fun for everyone. We are having a typical Newfoundland day here. About 5° celcius and sunny, but the sun does not stop the precipitation as it is also raining and wet snow. The snow is not here yet and I'm hoping for a green Christmas!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 03:48:05 pm »
They look like they had alot of fun.  We went to the beach end of Nov, I will have to post the videos around here somewhere.

Anakalia

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 04:40:05 pm »
OMG!!  The video's were great!!  They looked like they were having so much fun!  This just proves to me I need to move to a warmer climate!  I'm going to have to post the pics I took yesterday.  Snowed all day long and we now have over 6 inches of snow!  I bet Koby would LOVE playing at the beach!  Thanks for sharing those video's and pics! ;D

Andi

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 10:41:21 pm »
Well, I'm officially jealous!!!  It's -22 C here right now!  Nice pics, my computer's acting up so I can't view the videos, I'll have to try again later...

Thanks for sharing though - I can at least wish I was there!  ;)

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2005, 11:41:03 pm »
it did look like they were having a ball.  i am definately jealous.  hugo has never been to the beach.  we are going to try to take him this summer, but for now winter is here :(  cold, rainy, muddy-yuck.  i will have to keep those pictures handy (and the video) for when i want a beach fix.  thanks for sharing!
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 08:37:38 am »
awww.. fumble's definately jealous!!  cape cod is basically a natural weather phenomenon... basically the entire northeast could be raining and cold and it's sunny and hot here!  the other day it was 60 degrees and i took fumble to the beach for a walk! but i had to try to chase him to keep him out of the water, because i can only imagine how cold it is!! brr... However, we did have our first snow yesterday and it was quite funny to see fumble in the other white stuff... hehe! 
they are sooo cute!!  i think i'm jealous too, i want to go to the beach!  8) hehe..
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!