Author Topic: Favorite Christmas CD's???  (Read 3600 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Favorite Christmas CD's???
« on: December 03, 2005, 04:05:50 pm »
Okay guys....what's your favorite Christmas CD???  I need some new ones and would love some recommendation s!!!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Christmas CD's???
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 04:09:44 pm »
I like Spike Jones' "Let's Sing a Song of Christmas". Half of the songs are pretty traditional and the other half are really funny.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000AE47/qid=1133726827/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-9927971-8096105?v=glance&s=music&n=507846
RIP former BPO

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 05:35:40 pm »
HAHAHAHAA!!  This question has brought up memories from my past!  I can't stop laughing!  I don't have any Christmas CD's right now, just usually listen to the Christmas radio station, but when I was little I LOVED the Chipmunks Christmas record! LOL  My mom forbid me from listening to it until 2 weeks before Christmas because "it drove her insane".  SO when I could listen to it I listened to the songs over and over and over again for the full 2 weeks.  By the end of the two weeks my mom had bald spots in her head from ripping out hair, I SWEAR IT! lol  She was also very grumpy by the end of the 2 weeks and what really got to her was she's get the songs stuck in her head and start singing them without realizing it!  Come to think of it....my mom didn't start getting gray hairs til I started playing that SUPER COOL record! LMAO!!!  Good times.....good times!

Andi

Modified to add:  I just reread this and decided I was no help with CD suggestions sorry 'bout that......but you now know which one NOT to get! ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 05:37:12 pm by Anakalia »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 06:06:19 pm »
Trans Siberian Orchestra, the Christmas Attic.  Also Excelsis: A Dark Noel.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 06:22:44 pm »
They all sound great....excep t the CHIPMUNKS!!!  I'm just not going there!!! ;D

.....any more????

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 06:23:10 pm by newflvr »

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 10:34:22 pm »
My mother used to play it during Christmas time all throughout my childhood - and I still love it today.  Roger Whittaker's Christmas.  I guess some things stay with us forever!!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 11:08:14 pm »
Well, since I am a Christmas Music FREAK!!, I have plenty of cd's and tapes to get me thru the new year.  I'm not even sure if they sell some of these anymore.  I'm more into the traditional christmas songs by the original artists such as Bing Crosby, Judy Garland and Mel Torme, but there are some more modern ones thrown in for good measure.  I also prefer a variety of artist per cd.  My tapes are actually better than my cd's, but here's what I have:

Tonic SolFa Carol.................they're an a capella group.  Awesome, but not sure if you can get their cd's mainstream
[Ultimate Christmas Carol/i].............. ....various artists, both new and old.  Awesome rendition of Silent Night by Boyz II Men
[Chistmas All-Time Greatest Records/i]....volume 2...........va rious artists.
70 Oz. of Christmas...............various artists
The Time-Life Treasury of Christmas.........2 cd collection

Hmmmm......... ..I haven't bought myself a new cd in a long time, perhaps I need to update my collection.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 12:40:50 am »
Funny! I just got the Ultimate Christmas album and I LOVE it!!!  already burned to MP3!!  My son just took it to put it on his IPOD.  Guess I'm cool, huh ::)!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 03:16:11 am »
Funny! I just got the Ultimate Christmas album and I LOVE it!!!  already burned to MP3!!  My son just took it to put it on his IPOD.  Guess I'm cool, huh !

Very cool.   ;)

I'm surprised at how much I like that cd, especially since I'm biased toward the original renditions.