Author Topic: Out of hubbys mouth  (Read 10725 times)

GR8DAME

Re: Out of hubbys mouth
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 08:03:02 am »
Mine does the laundry....Nob ody's cloths are allowed on the floor at my house LOL
Stella

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 12:26:41 pm »
Stella..... Please, ohhhh please tell me where you sent him off for training lol...... in this house every piece of his dirty laundry ends up on the floor, and there it stays until I pick it up and put it in the laundry room.

And yep...... The dogs are soooo much easier to deal with than, hormon overloaded teenagers. Even a peeing, pooping, slobbering, farting and chewing puppy seems to be a smooth ride compared to dealing with a 14 year old girl and her mirror lol...... Not to talk about boyfriends, but well hehe thats where our dogs come in......... If any boy enters this house without having passed mine and hubbys very deepgoing discussion about babies, drugs, smoking, drinking, driving, grades, job...... you name it. Well we toss him to the dogs and let them use him for a squeeky toy lol.....

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GR8DAME

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 12:49:22 pm »
Well.... We were only married for about a year, and I went on strike. I worked the same 40+ hour a week job that he did, and I still got stuck with all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping and bill paying, so I got tired of it and marched into the living room, woke him up from his nap in his recliner, and quit. No more meals, dishes, cleaning and laundry, and I would pay the bills only so I had a roof over my head. We finally , after a six week strikemanaged to iron out the details. I cook, clean the kitchen and bathroom, shop and pay bills. He vaccuums, dusts and does the laundry. It's worked through two kids and 20 years. But oh, Lordy, you should have seen my house after six weeks of neglect!!! LOL
I guess you could call it the school of hard knocks?
Stella

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2005, 01:00:02 pm »
lol lol lol ......  ;D I hear you, I guess my problem is that I am an at home mom. I still dont think that, that excuses not to put laundry in the hamper or to leave the entire sunday paper spread out over the bathroom floor after the sunday morning hmmmm cough "sitting on the potty reading for two hours rutine" lol.... But I guess thats where we have different opinions, hubby and me..... He thinks it is my job to take care of the house and kids and yep... I agree, but not to be his personal servant, and pick up his clothes from the floor when we have a hamper that works perfectly fine. We have been married for 5 years, so I still got time to train him I guess lol....

Ohhhhh gosh I cant even imagine how this house would look after 6 weeks, with all the dogs, cats and kids here, it seems like it is a total mess after 6 hours lol.....

Marit

Offline JaxandLivi

• Gnawer
  • My Little Babies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2005, 01:26:24 pm »
Oh, BOY!  I feel like I am reading my life stories!!  I am constantly cleaning and caring for the three kids (2 dogs and the sig. other) - I never get a second!  I LOVE my dogs (yeah, the boyfriend too), but it is very hard to keep up with it all and work 50+ hours/week.  This may be true for all of you, but if my boyfriend greeted me at the door like my babies do, then I may give HIM more attention!!  HA!!
Michelle

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2005, 01:29:50 pm »
standing ovations...... .. Thats what I have told hubby too, when he complains about how sweet I talk to the dogs and how I pay them much more attention than I do him. That if he looked at me as if he couldnt take his eyes off me, and licked my feet I'd pay him a lot of attention too lol...

Marit

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2005, 02:04:40 pm »
I'm a stay at home mom also & I wouldn't think of washing anything that is not put into the dirty laundry...Stay at home mom does not mean maid, servant & waitress!!!...I tell my hubby, "I am not your maid & I am not your mother"!!!...I tell the kids "I am not your maid, your servant, your entertainment committee, or your waitress"!...I am happy to run my house & care for everyone here...That's my job & what I choose to do...But, if I didn't get it out I won't put it away...If it isn't in the wash it doesn't get washed...If they want 2nds or a snack they know where that can be found...I don't mind cooking for everyone or doing the dishes...I don't mind keeping the house clean...I don't mind doing the laundry...I do mind being taken for granted & "expected to"...There's a fine line!

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 07:55:24 am »
I married myself an Irishman too. He does, infact have a great sense of humor. It's probably why this marriage works. We're not afraid to laugh at eachother. Yes, AT.

I used to be a neat freak. Then I had a child. Then I though, making messes is ok as long as they get cleaned up right away.
Then I married my husband. Making messes is ok as long as they get cleaned up eventually.
Then I got dogs. Making messes is ok as long as it's not something that will hurt the dog to eat. Not much cleaning goes on here anymore. My husband only cleans when he's mad at me, and fortunatly (or not) that's not very often at all. My 8 year old  son doesn't clean.
The dogs are my biggest help. If it's food, they eat it up. If it's a dish, it get's licked clean. If it's paper they chew it (only when we're not home). How is chewing paper a help? Because the paper wasn't bothering anyone before. Not that it's chewed and on the couch, it bothers us, so one of us will clean it up!
I'm slowly getting over my loathing for dust. My ability to let laundry pile up would amaze you! My hard wood floors? They're under here somewhere. Covered in the dirt the dogs track in. I wash them when I'm bored...and you really can't tell cause the dogs walk on it as I'm cleaning it. I like to pretend that when mud season is over they'll be clean again.  A gal can dream!
I get mad sometimes that no one helps clean. I don't like my house being a mess. But I love my housemates, 2 legs and 4. And it seems that I'm the only one who notices it, and they'd really appreciate it if I'd stop pointing it out to them!

Eat off your floors! That's funny! I could pot plants on mine!

Vicki

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2005, 09:00:17 pm »
 ;D I have now been laughing long and hard as I read these last posts. I just have to show hubby that it is not only me who complains over not getting any help, and not only our floors that in a desperat need of cleaning. He bought me a Dyson some time ago, so I could keep the carpets clean from dog hair, hehehe it is pretty and red and it works real real well, but to try and keep hair, sand, mud, and now since Galahad joined our family everything else that is chewed into little bits, well I would have to strap the thing to me and have it running constantly, so he thinks it was wasted money. He doesnt realize that if you start in one end of the house, by the time you are through with it, it is already dirty where you started.I agree that the dogs are a help, with kids who spill food and snacks, they are the best cleaners, standing right under them (or over) just waiting to be of help  ;) But I have to admit that even though my husband is not Irish, and not really joke about having a not too clean house, he is putting up with it most of the times, and if he says anything, I'll just point out where his last pile of dirty laundry can be found, and who took it there and who washed and dried and ironed it, that pretty much makes him just roll his eyes around and say something like how the dogs dishes always get cleaned before anything else in the sink. But only because he can't let me have the last word ~ men.......

Marit

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 10:47:30 pm »
My ex-husband was the worst! He would walk into the kitchen and look at the sink of dirty dishes, pick one up and ask me if it was clean. I would then  explain to him my complicated system of putting the dirty ones in the sink and the clean ones in the cubbord!!!
I can't really complain about my new husband. He cooks more often and better than I do, he washes dishes more, he pampers me when I need it and sometimes when I don't....and he's hot. :)  If only he would scoop poop life would be close to perfect! Maybe I should put diapers on the dogs and see if he would change them??!!

Vicki

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2005, 10:56:44 pm »
 ;D hehehe ohhhh my stomach is cramping... I am picturing your Irish W with diapers hehehe. You lucky girl, where did you find this prince? The only cooking mine does is when he is BBQ'ing. I was laughing hard when I read about your ex husband asking if the dishes in the sink was clean, that question can only come from a man lol..... We have something similar here, he opens the cabinet where the glasses are stares at an empty shelf and says "don't we have any clean glasses" nope... doesnt look like it, does it..... I dont know how many glasses we buy, but it never seem to add up with how many we use and the dishwasher is slap full on the top rack, while still room on the bottom. I am now running it even with only top rack full. But typical men to ask something that is sooooo obvious.

Marit

dohertyswissy

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2005, 07:22:55 am »
LOL!  LOL!   :D  This is exactly what I needed to read this morning after breaking up another showdown between Ranger, the 70 lb puppy, and Tigger, the 8 year old, 8lb. cat!  It always makes me crazy when my husband will leave the house to do something....i t can be meeting a friend, having to go into work (he is in grad school in a science field, so he is always having to go into the lab at weird times)....and if I decide that I just want to relax and not do something on the "list" of things that need to be done to the house, I get the Spanish inquisition.  However, if I leave to go meet friends, etc., and he's left home alone, what does he do?  Sit in his chair and watch SportsCenter!  LOL!  Hey buddy - I work 40+ hours a week - a little help please!!  I would have to say though, as far as hubbys go, I got a good one!  We are BOTH Irish, so it makes for an interesting household!  Not only do we both have a good sense of humor, but are both stubborn as h*ll!  Hmmm....wonder if that is why our fur babies have a tendency to be stubborn?   ;)  I bought him a pillow for our wedding anniversary that says, "Pray for me, I'm married to an Irishwoman!"  hehehe....  I tell you what, though, the furkids definitely know where to go for the potty, food, attention, etc.  Yup - I'm the one who comes home at lunch to let the pup out and love on him.  I rearranged my work at home schedule to be with Ranger, since we both play in a billiards league on Thursday nights.  A womans's work is never done, I tell you!   ;D  Ranger sleeps in our bedroom and when he's ready to go potty, he'll come to my side of the bed, whimper and put a paw on me.  It is so cute!  Of course, this morning, I made the husband get out of bed to let the baby out!  hehehe!  I just couldn't face getting outta bed, esp. since I work from home on Thursdays.  I don't know what I'd do without my boys, though - my husband, my dog, and my cat!  All Boys!  It's a wonder I'm sane, but I love them with all my heart!!

Heather  :D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2005, 10:19:24 am »
Well put Heather.... What would we do without them, but it is fun to do some complaining too isnt it lol...... My husband is some kind of strange mix of english, french and american. I am swedish, I heard someone say that, being from the nordic countries that should make me calm and collected hehehe whoever told them that, lied. We are both stubborn and kinda hot tempered, we shared that with our kids who also have a little too much temper and the dogs, I cant believe I didnt think about that before, but of course that is why they are so stubborn lol.... I hope your day is going well and continue better than it started. Have a wonderful Thursday

Marit