Author Topic: Cowboy is back in the Emergency Room  (Read 43419 times)

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
Re: Cowboy is back in the Emergency Room
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 01:22:02 pm »
Get better soon Cowboy!!
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 01:37:38 pm »
AW MARI! That is SO SAD! Poor Chester! I see what you're saying about the IV. Not worth the risk. Can you give Chester something that smells like Cowboy to make him less depressed?

I feel so bad for him! But, he'll have Cowboy home soon...let us know what the internist says...we're cheering and rooting for him! Have you talked to Rhoda?

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 02:25:57 pm »
So sorry to hear your boy is sick. I always try to give some special attention the ones left at home. They know when somethings wrong. Hope everything is ok.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 03:00:16 pm »
I just spoke to the internist and there's nothing good to report.   He's having explosive diarrhea and it's all blood...plus the vomiting has continued on two anti-nausea medications.  She's sent a stool sample up to UC Davis because there is yet another new dog disease that manifests as blooding vomiting and diarrhea..... :(   He'll have an ultra sound late this afternoon to see if there is a partial blockage and they are keeping him on most of his antiseizures because of the risk of aspiration while vomiting and seizing at the same time.  His main drug, though, is by mouth only and they can't risk giving it to him.  SOOOO we're hoping that he just doesn't seize!!!!

I'm going to take Chester for a walk since we both need to get some fresh air. 

Thanks for caring!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 03:14:12 pm »
Oh No!!  I'm so sorry to hear about Cowboy.  I hope they can figure out what it is soon, so they can start treating it right away.

And poor Chester to be missing his friend.  Hopefully Cowboy will not have to be gone for too long.

k2campbell

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 03:15:27 pm »
Oh my goodness, my thoughts and prayers are with you (and Cowboy).  Try to stay somewhat calm (I know it's easier said than done) but we're thinking of you and hoping for the best.

Poor fella!  :-[

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 03:30:42 pm »
Oh NO!!! I'm so horribly worried with you! And this came on all of a sudden?? I can't even imagine what could be wrong, except it sounds just like parvo, but I'm sure he's been vaccinated and they've checked that already, right?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Anakalia

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 03:30:53 pm »
OMG!!  I'm a nervous wreck for you!!  I hope they can find out what's causing this QUICK so they can get to treating the problem!!  And poor Chester not knowing where his buddy is!  I'll keep you all in my thoughts!  Hopefully you'll get some more news soon!

Andi

Offline Baileyboy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2005, 03:37:52 pm »
Oh Mari, I was so sad when I saw your posting.
We are thinking of you and sending our best thoughts to you and Cowboy.

Continue to keep us posted.
Susan

Kiahpyr

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2005, 03:45:40 pm »
Get better soon Cowboy! I'm so sorry this has happened. We're thinking good thoughts and sending them to you. Hopefully they'll find out what's wrong and he can come home to you and Chester.

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2005, 03:55:55 pm »
Oh, I am so sorry.  Will keep you in my thoughts and I hope everything will turn out ok.
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2005, 04:46:40 pm »
Yes, he is in a good place.  This ER has taken care of him through his numerous seizures and are SO aware of how much he is loved.  His internist  had actually wanted to have him as flower dog at her wedding until the hotel got wind of it and put the kabosh on it.  They love him almost as much as I do. 

The problem is that there is just no cause at this point.  After the ultrasound we'll know more....and, sad to say, I'm hoping for a partial blockage so he can just have surgery and get better.  It's the not knowing that so awful....and because he is so immune compromised (epileptic dogs just are  :() another dog could have something and not come down with it. 

Chester's better after our walk.  We're going to go to the store now....just keeping busy!!

Thanks guys....hugs back to all of you!!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2005, 05:23:26 pm »
Oh Mari...Bear and I are keeping our fingers and paws crossed that everything turns out alright. I am so sad that Cowboy is in the hospital. I really hope that they find out what the problem is soon!

Big drooly (((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) to you and Chester.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2005, 06:26:39 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear about Cowboy.  Good Grief.  You must be completely a total emotional wreck by now.  How scary.
I'm thinking you, Cowboy and Chester.  Hope they find out what is happening soon.

Luvmenewfs

Lyn

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2005, 06:48:32 pm »
Poor Cowboy.  :( Crossing my fingers that the ultrasound shows something. I can't even imagine how scary this must be for you. Sending my prayers and get well wishes.