Author Topic: Do You Get Excited When You See Your Breed In Public?  (Read 10343 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Do You Get Excited When You See Your Breed In Public?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 04:00:41 pm »
Dogs makes us all GOOFY!

you can say that again

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 04:01:17 pm »
Yes.  There arent hardly any Dobermans around where I live, so when I see someone with one, I always have to go "visit" :)  When I first brought my Dobe home as a puppy, nobody really paid much attention to what breed she was, but when she got older, I was stopped several times and asked if she was a Rott/Pit cross!  Oh boy, these people around here need to watch Animal Planet more often!!!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 04:38:23 pm »
I always stop to talk to people with giant dogs.  But I get REALLY excited when a new big paw comes to board at the kennel where I work, and I miss my big friends when they don't come.  This Thanksgiving I guess all of my big friends got to stay home, Maggie the Dane didn't come, and neither did Zeus.  Chester the messy Newfie (he constantly bathes in his water bucket) stayed home, and so did my best friend Derry, the Irish wolfhound. Gulliver the St. Bernard got to stay with Grandma, but his sweet mom thought of us anyway, and brought us pumpkin bread.  Allie came (she's a Pyr) but only stayed overnight.  A new Newfie is coming next week, though, and a mastiff that we had as a 4 month old pup last year is coming to visit for Christmas- I can't wait to see how much he's grown!!

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 05:00:28 pm »
Oh yeah!  I've been known to run people down to see their dogs.  I've stopped along the road...and had people look at me like I had lost my mind.  I guess they figure either I'm crazy or dog crazy cause they usually talk to me.  I get stopped all of the time too.  My 2 go everywhere with me and people aren't accostomed to seeing beasts like these.

That happened to me once about 10 years ago. I was walking my shar-pei and this truck screeched to a halt at the side of me. The driver jumped out and told me he had one too nad stood there chatting for ages. As for the TM - I think I'd faint if I saw another one by chance in public!

Icerotti

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 05:04:55 pm »
I will stalk other rotti people too. I see a few here and there around this area.
I have not seen a smooth V though. I have seen a wiredhaired which is even more rare than a smooth :o  She was beautiful. Looked like a fuzzy Farley......OM G if I do see one I will be like that guy in the traffic.lol

Offline coral

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 05:07:11 pm »
I've been known to not only turn the car around, but stop people on the street, go miles out of my way, ect... it's horrible. But I try to be patient when people do it to me too, cause I know exactly what it's like. Amazingly I think I was worse BEFORE I got my own newfs... lol

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 05:31:30 pm »
I used to work at a convenience store and I closed it so I could chase a lady and her Dane puppy down the street. 
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Lyn

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 06:41:50 pm »
There isn't very many St.Bernards in my area, so when I see one I make sure I point it out. LOL My vet even got all excited when I brought Bubba in for his first needles. He even said there are not many St's here.  :(

I think my hubby thinks I'm loopy. I've always been dog crazy though.. even as a young kid. So not much has changed.  :D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2005, 08:17:52 pm »
We get excited to see any big dog, because almost all of the dogs around here are small or medium.  We can't help but try and pet any big dogs we see  :P
RIP former BPO

k2campbell

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2005, 08:22:30 pm »
I've yet to see a Leo in public, but if I did - I would definitely get excited!!!

But - just as Shangrila has said - any big dog breed I see gets me excited - I love them all (and little ones too)!  ;)

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2005, 10:02:31 pm »
nothing gets my attention quicker than spotting another GS out somewhere (well, i can think of a couple of things, but i wont mention here  ;D )  usually when i see another GS i know the person.  actually i probably groom the majority of giants in this area, since i work at a GS kennel as the groomer.   
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline thorthugglesworth@

• Gnawer
  • Thor Thugglesworth
    • View Profile
    • Hustleware Clothing coming soon!
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005, 04:40:05 am »
I pull over and jump out to admire every Akita I see. Glad I'm not the only nerd who does that lol.
Vagabond, baby. I kicks that raw, boy. Rappers get stole on like the Pistons' ball boy...... Barack in '08!

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2005, 09:28:04 am »
I've only seen one Great Pyr in public, he was walking his owner down the street.  All 150lbs of him.  I hopped out of my car and like a little girl at Christmas, asked if I could pet him.  :-)

GR8DAME

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2005, 10:24:55 am »
Seeing big paws out and about ranks right up there with cute, shirtless construction workers for me! Although there are alot of dobies in my area (and I know most of them) there are very few danes, I have only seen one, and no irish wolfhounds. :(
Stella

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2005, 12:39:42 pm »
Seeing big paws out and about ranks right up there with cute, shirtless construction workers for me!
Stella

Working in the industry that I do, I can say for a fact that there aren't too many of those guys.  Sometimes I step in and make deliveries to construction sites and the workers there are either sucked up and tweaking from doing too much speed, or they have bellies hanging down to their knees.  I don't know, that might be your thing so I won't make fun.  ;)
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.