Author Topic: Hot Seat #7 - Let's ask "guy" type questions of Newf Lover (Ryan)  (Read 25781 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Hot Seat #7 - Let's ask "guy" type questions of Newf Lover (Ryan)
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 10:11:50 am »
Detroit Lions.  Is it Joey or management?

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 10:49:12 am »
favorite subject in school?

how many different jobs have you had?  what do you do now?  what do you see yourself doing 10, 20, 30 years from now?

favorite hobby?

saver or spender?

spur of the moment or planner?

favorite vacation?

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 11:53:13 am »
How did you meet your wife?   How did you know she was "it"?

I pretty much answered this one already.  When I realized that she was my best friend in the whole world and I would be stupid to think I could do any better, I knew I had to be around her for the rest of my life.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 11:55:25 am »
Detroit Lions.  Is it Joey or management?

Good question, I don't know, I don't really follow the Lions.  What I do know is that I liked Mariucci better when he was coaching the Niners and it is a crime that Barry Sanders wasted his amazing career playing for the Lions.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2005, 12:13:02 pm »

favorite subject in school? Art.  I already drew all the time and to be able to do it more for an hour at school and get graded on it was sweet.  I really liked Photography as well.  We had a lot of fun in the darkroom and got to develop dirty pictures.

how many different jobs have you had?  Too many to go into, didn't like about 99% of them

what do you do now?  I'm a parts manager for Hertz Equipment Rental.  I hate this freaking job!!!  The people I work with, especially my bosses, are worthless a-holes who like to pass the buck and then sit on their butts, talking about the good ol' days or gripe about their families.  This is more of a tough guy, overweight, bad attitude, moustache wearing, construction environment and I don't really fit that mold.  This company is really cheap too, the coporate suits make way too much money and they barely throw the stores a bone.  I'm currently working with a recruiter to get the h*ll out of here.  Do I sound bitter?

what do you see yourself doing 10, 20, 30 years from now?  Being a Dad and working in the creative industry, preferrably owning my own business.  Being happy and healthy and maybe a bit more financially secure.

favorite hobby?  Skiing, but that's so seasonal.  I really like hiking and travelling to new places.  There's so many neat places to discover here in California.  I love eating good food and cooking as well.

saver or spender?  Saver, so I can occasionally be a big spender.

spur of the moment or planner?  A bit of both, but mostly spur of the moment.  It kind of depends on the decision I need to make.  Trips and get togethers, planner.  A night out with the wife or a lazy Saturday activity, spur of the moment.

favorite vacation?  So far, it's been my trip to Fiji.  That place is so great!  I really liked my backpacking trip across Europe, I'd like to go back one day with Sarah and spend more time in specific areas, like Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France, Czech Republic and Ireland.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 06:27:50 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 02:22:53 pm »
IS THAT ALL YOU GUYS GOT?  That was too easy.....  :-\

Icerotti

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2005, 02:33:44 pm »
How many children do you want?

What values do you hope to pass onto your children?

Will you always own a Newf?

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2005, 02:49:38 pm »
If you didn't have a newf, what other breed of dog would you get?

Have you ever broken any bones?  Stitches?

Have you ever been in jail?

What was the dumbest dare you ever completed?

If you were a wild animal, what would you be?

GR8DAME

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2005, 03:10:21 pm »
What was the craziest thing you ever did?

If you had to do it over again, would you?

Boxers or briefs?

Stella

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005, 04:30:25 pm »

How many children do you want? Two.  I am so amazed when children come out with 10 fingers and 10 toes and healthy.  So many things that could go wrong, and then the cost of raising kids is getting so expensive.  I think that 2 is a good number because then they can learn important lessons, like sharing and getting along with others, that an only child might not learn.  So, I feel that after two kids, I'm getting snipped. 

What values do you hope to pass onto your children?  That you're never too old to learn something new.  To be tolerant of others and to be open to different opinions whether you agree with them or not.  To be moral, religion aside, to just be a good person and live an honest life.  To love all animals and respect Mother Nature.  To work hard and play hard.  To enjoy the little things in life, they are just as important as the big stuff.  To take lots of pictures so you don't forget those special moments.  To make lots of friends, there's lots of cool and interesting people out there and who knows what might come from your relationship with them.

Will you always own a Newf?  I will try.  It might get harder later in life, but I really love those dogs.  I really do....

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005, 05:26:57 pm »

If you didn't have a newf, what other breed of dog would you get?  I grew up with Airedales, although they were kind of a pain in the butt, I wouldn't mind getting another one of those.  Malamutes, Boxers, German Shepards, Kairn Terriers (I really like those little guys) or a Shiba Inu (they are so cute!  See pic below) would be good choices as well.

Have you ever broken any bones?  Stitches?  Hoo boy!  I am known to be somewhat accident prone.  One of my dad's favorite stories is how one Thanksgiving, between Turkey and Pumpkin Pie, he had to stitch my head up because I had fallen out of a tree.  My head is a quilt of scars from stitches, some of which were on my face.  I've had several concussions, one of which caused me to lose my sense of smell.  I sprained my ankle more times than I can count.  But I had never "broken" any bones until this last year.  I was on a hike with friends, they were all getting drunk and stoned, but I was staying sober because I had to drive home.  On the way back down the hill, we came across a ropeswing.  Two of my buddies went on it first, laughing and screwing around.  So I figured it was safe for me to go.  ::)  I swing out and at the apex of the swing, the rope comes off of the branch and I fall about 20 feet to the hillside below me.  Landing on my side, I broke my right wrist and bruised my ribs and pretty much all of the soft tissue on my right side.  My adrenaline was so pumped up that I was able to drive myself home, but I went to the Emergency room the next day in complete agony.  I felt like somebody had literally beaten me with a baseball bat, and it looked like it too.  I think I've got a picture of that one somewhere.....

Have you ever been in jail? No, but I have been cuffed before.  Not a nice feeling.

What was the dumbest dare you ever completed? Probably during the afore mentioned Thanksgiving when my brother dared me to jump to a tree branch and I ended up landing on my head.  I need to stay out of trees....

If you were a wild animal, what would you be?  An Eagle.  It must be so cool to fly, especially if you are a predator.  On the domestic side, I would be a big, fat house cat.  They have it so easy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 06:02:03 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005, 05:53:12 pm »

What was the craziest thing you ever did?  Probably Canyoning in Switzerland.  For you folks who don't know what that is, it's an extreme adventure thing where you put on a wetsuit, a crash helmet and what looks like a cross between a diaper and a harness and you basically walk, slide, jump and repell down a mountainside stream.  The potential to get hurt is so huge and you have to completely trust your guide, who invariably has dredlocks and is stoned.  You jump where they tell you to jump, or you are risking major injury.  And you are in the middle of nowhere so you would have to be airlifted out.   At one point, I had to slide off of a blind edge/waterfall which was terrifying.  Completely trusting the Rastaguide, I slid feet first off the edge and before I knew it, I was repelling 200 ft. to a pool below, with water gushing all around me.  WHAT A RUSH!  Once I got to the pool, our guides began yelling at us to get out of the way, a professional Canyoning group was coming through.  They were JUMPING where we were repelling.  Those guys were nuts!

If you had to do it over again, would you?  Although life is good, I think I would have really liked to have become a professional skier, maybe even gone to the Olympics.  I could have dedicated myself to going to Tahoe every weekend, maybe even living up there.  My knees couldn't handle that now.  Kids now are lucky, there's schools where they go to class and then hit the slopes, 5 days a week per semester.  No wonder they're getting so good.  Also, if I had it to do all over, I would have travelled more while I wasn't tied down by life, done the student exchange program in High School.  I didn't want to do that when I had the chance, thought I'd miss my friends too much.  I don't even talk to those people any more.  Whoops...

Boxers or briefs?  I started with Tidy Whities like most little boys and then graduated to boxers in High school.  Now I wear those Athletic briefs, like Polo or DKNY.  For me, boxers always ended up putting the package in a twist and I was always picking and adjusting.  With these Athletic Briefs, the package is secure and you know what, they look damn sexy.  I take care of my body so why not?  My wife loves them!  I stick to trunks when it comes to going to the beach, Speedos just give too much info to be sharing with others, no matter what you look like.  Although, I started taking swimming classes and I have to wear Speedos.  All the guys wear those there so it's no big deal.  I would look stupid wearing trunks in that situation.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 06:11:27 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2005, 06:25:12 pm »
OWHIIIIIII I have been gone for way too long, this is fuuuun

- do you go to sleep right after
- do you rub your wifes feet
- if the dog has to go out in the middle of the night, do you get up and take it, or is it the wife who does
- do you cry when you read some of the sad posts here on BPO
-do you watch p.rn

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2005, 07:00:42 pm »

I'm a closet Yankees fan (don't tell anybody), they just have the best players in baseball and you gotta love watching them play.

;D
I have to agree with that too!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2005, 07:22:13 pm »
1.)  Have you ever been called a tease?

2.)  Thoughts when first waking up?

3.)  Your weakness?

4.)  Do you get motion sickness?

5.)  Do you think you are attractive?