Author Topic: Hot Seat #7 - Let's ask "guy" type questions of Newf Lover (Ryan)  (Read 25783 times)

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Seat #7 - Let's ask "guy" type questions of Newf Lover (Ryan)
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 07:38:54 pm »
1) what side of the bed do you sleep on?

2) how old are you?

3) what kind of movies do you like?

4) your favorite actress?  actor?

5) what is your biggest fear?

6) how do you like your coffee?  or are you a coffee drinker?
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2005, 09:58:58 pm »
How 'bout them Lakers???  What's going to happen with them?  Will they make playoffs?  Is Phil Jackson the greatest baskeball coach in history?  Was it a mistake to dump Shaq?

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 11:20:10 pm »
Here is a couple more-

Do you believe in aliens?  the loch ness monster? crop circles?

What was your favorite "hair band" from the 80's?

;D

~SHELLIE & HUGO~

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2005, 09:17:52 am »
do you hog the covers?

do you snooze the alarm?

shower or shave first?

will you grow old gracefully?  color/dye your grey?

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2005, 12:20:04 pm »
OWHIIIIIII I have been gone for way too long, this is fuuuun - Marit

do you go to sleep right after Only if the deed is done late at night.  I'm not a Minuteman so I get tired like most men.  After morning sessions? during my lunchbreak?  NO WAY!  I'm energized and Mr. Smiley afterwards!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

do you rub your wifes feet Yes, but probably not enough.  She never rubs my back or shoulders either.  We're both bad about doing that stuff.

if the dog has to go out in the middle of the night, do you get up and take it, or is it the wife who does  What do you think?  ME, of course.  That's guy stuff and I gotta do it.  Good training for when we have kids too.

do you cry when you read some of the sad posts here on BPO  I get teared up and have a sad heart, but I haven't read any posts yet that have made me cry out loud.  I'm a big softie when it comes to animals being abused or dying, though.  I'm probably going to cry when King Kong dies in the new movie, supposedly a lot of reviewers have said it is a pretty emotional ending.  I actually got choked up after watching the beginning of Finding Nemo for the first time.  That was really sad, or was it all the beer I drank before watching it?  It's amazing what the right music will do a persons emotions.  I get teary eyed and emotional every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner sung live.  I think about all those who have died so we can live in freedom.

do you watch p.rn Absolutely, and I don't just "watch".  ::)  It is a healthy part of human sexuality and there's nothing wrong with it as long as it isn't the kiddie or animal stuff.  As long as people don't watch it too much, it really can warp your sense of reality. Sarah and I watch it together and go from there.  I must say, there is some really gross stuff out there that I really don't even want to know about.  It's actually kind of scary to think about any of it.  What the h*ll is wrong with people?  Are they that bored with the normal stuff?  Yuck....

« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 02:57:19 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2005, 12:59:10 pm »

1.)  Have you ever been called a tease?  Nah, but I have been called a Flirt.  There's a subtle difference.  I love casual flirting, especially at work.  It's all harmless and a normal part of human interaction as long as it isn't too sexual or hurtful.  I think it's an acceptable way for married folks to get outside attention without being unfaithful, as long as both parties understand it's not going anywhere.  Sarah is in Pharmaceutical Sales and she gets flirted with by her doctors all the time.  That's OK with me, it's business.

2.)  Thoughts when first waking up?  Weekdays: I need a new job....  Weekends: Oh Saraaaah....  ;D

3.)  Your weakness?  Foodwise: Anything gummi or a Medium Rare Ribeye Steak or homemade Soup.  I can't stop eating shrimp, potstickers and those sausage stuffed mushroom caps as well.  For drinks, probably Martini's and Champagne.  Every wedding I go to I drink gallons of Champage.  It's gotta be the good stuff though, like Etoile or Veuve Cliquot.  No Asti Spumanti please!

4.)  Do you get motion sickness?  Not really.  I take Bonine when I go deep sea fishing, but I think everyone gets sick from those big waves.

5.)  Do you think you are attractive?  Yes and No.  I inherited my Dad's big Shnozz and I really was self conscious about it growing up.  It doesn't bother me any more now, I feel like I grew into it even though it's still big.  Some women really like my looks, some don't.  Sarah cracks up because Gay men are attracted to me.  It's flattering but weird.  I'm not Homophobic and as long as they don't push it, I don't let it bother me.  I exercise and eat right so I think I look pretty good physically.  I've gotten my share of compliments, but it's not like I'm some chick magnet.  In my short life so far, I have found that people don't like me at first, but after spending time with me, they really like me a lot and find me more attractive physically and/or mentally. I kind of grow on folks, an acquired taste I guess.  I know it sounds like a cliche, but if you don't feel beautiful on the inside, you will be ugly on the outside, no matter what you look like.  You guys can decide for yourself about my looks on my "What do we look like?" pic link below.  It's not the best shot of me but good enough, scroll to the bottom of that page.

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,862.195.html
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 03:01:14 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2005, 02:09:12 pm »

1) what side of the bed do you sleep on?  Standing at the foot of the bed, looking at it, I sleep on the right side.  The phone and the .357 Magnum is on that side and the window is on that side too.  Sarah doesn't want to be near any of that stuff when she's sleeping, especially the window because then she'll get cold.

2) how old are you? 32

3) what kind of movies do you like?  Good ones.  I'm not too picky, I like Sci-fi, Comedy, Action, Drama, Foreign but they have to be well made and well acted out.  The Romantic movies I just can't stomach.  90% of them are just crap, I honestly can't think of one right now that I can say is good with a straight face.  Romantic Comedies can be good from time to time but usually are just shyte.

4) your favorite actress?  actor?  Favorite Actress(es): Uma Thurman, Jessica Alba, Susan Sarandon, Cameron Diaz, Charlize Theron, Kim Basinger, Francis McDomannd, Keira Knightley.  Favorite Actors:  Gary Oldman, Harrison Ford, Bruce Willis, Keanu Reeves, Sean Connery,  Viggo Mortenson, Brad Pitt, Steve Buscemi, William Dafoe, Johnny Depp, Mel Gibson.

5) what is your biggest fear?  Being eaten or burned to death.  Oh, and after foolishly watching the video, being pinned to the floor and having my head slowly sawed off with a serrated knife by Middle Eastern scumbags.  I still hear those guys screaming, probably the most horrible thing I will ever see.

6) how do you like your coffee?  or are you a coffee drinker?  Freshly ground, medium roasted beans, French Pressed with a little sugar in it.  If it's really crappy, gas station stuff, I load it up with everything.  I also like the occasional Non-fat double Latte with a little almond syrup, Yum!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 02:19:18 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2005, 02:27:14 pm »

How 'bout them Lakers???  What's going to happen with them?  Will they make playoffs?  Is Phil Jackson the greatest baskeball coach in history?  Was it a mistake to dump Shaq?  I'm actually sick of the Lakers, they need to go down like the Celtics and Niners did.  It's kind of annoying and boring when these athletic "Dynasties" just keep going on and on and on.  And that's what the Yankees and Lakers have done.   As much as I hate free agents, it has actually given other teams a chance.  Phil Jackson is a great coach, maybe one of the most effective coaches in Basketball history, but there's college coaches who have been just as good.  He's a big stoner by the way, my Uncle is friends with Bill Laimbeer and the three of them smoked it up a few times.  And yes, it was a mistake to dump Shaq.  He is still probably the most dominating player in basketball.  They should have dumped that prima-donna, rapist Koby.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2005, 02:37:37 pm »
Here is a couple more-

Do you believe in aliens?  the loch ness monster? crop circles?  Aliens, yes.  I can't believe we're the only intelligent, sentient, carbon based life forms in the whole Universe.  "Intelligent design" actually proves this.  If we are the only ones in the Universe, why make it so big?  Just having fun with creation? Why aren't we in the "middle", if there is one?  Go figure that one out.  As for Nessy and Crop circles, well I would really like to think that Nessy exists but we would have known by now, it's not that big of a Loch.  Crop circles just seem fake to me, I guess they could be real, but what's the big deal?

What was your favorite "hair band" from the 80's?   Oh man, unfair question!  Some of my favorites are White Lion, Def Leppard, Poison, White Snake, Guns and Roses, Skid Row....  I guess G&R is my favorite, I can still listen to their music with a straight face.  Do they count as a "Hair Band"?  All of those bands must have had so much fun in their Hay day.  Just imagine....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 02:39:31 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2005, 02:46:27 pm »

do you hog the covers? No my wife does.  I get too hot, even in the dead of Winter.

do you snooze the alarm?  Yes, for about 45 minutes.  Remote control snooze buttons are dangerous.

shower or shave first?  Shower first, it's harder to shave an unwashed face.  I must say, on the few times I shaved first, my face felt amazingly soft when I washed it during the shower. 

will you grow old gracefully?  color/dye your grey?  I will try.  I'm lightly greying right now and I dye it every other haircut.  My dad and uncle both were completely grey by the time they were 40.  They both now have that "white" look, which actually is very attractive looking.  Once my grey hairs outnumber my brown hairs, I'll stop dyeing them.  I just hope I don't go bald....

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2005, 11:42:20 pm »
any tattoos?  piercings?

do you hunt and fish?

ride a motorcycle?
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2005, 10:53:20 am »
How did you get in to gardening?  Who makes the major decision on what stays and what goes?

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2005, 12:23:51 pm »

any tattoos?  piercings? No, I'm a virgin in that area.  I think I like it better that way.  I feel it has become cliche and trendy to get tattos & piercings.  Some people get them to show their individuality, but then they just end up looking like everyone else.  If I became so wealthy that I didn't have to work anymore, I might consider getting full sleeves of images that I created.  I wouldn't want someone elses artwork on my body.  But I think with a tattoo, it's all or nothing.   I have no use for piercings, that's just not my thing.  I see some teenagers with those 2 in. stretchers in their earlobes or nostrils and I just wonder what they were thinking.  What's going to happen 10-20 years from now when you don't like them anymore?  How do you get a normal job?  It shows bad judgement when you have a plate in your lip and Employers, for the most part, will not want to hire you.  Aside from in coffee shops or in the extreme sport and music industries, it's going to be hard to be taken seriously.  But that's just my opinion.

do you hunt and fish?  I fish with my buddies from time to time.  We have a shack way out in the Sloughs and stay up all night catching Striped Bass.  One of the best experiences in my life is Fishing for Halibut up in the Cook Inlet in Alaska.  The first day out we caught over 500 lbs. of fish between 4 of us!!!  I don't hunt, it seems really boring and I'd rather enjoy seeing wildlife than killing it.  With all the choices at the supermarket for meat, I don't need to go kill a wild animal.  Game meat is pretty good eatin', but I prefer beef.  We try to get meat from private Ranchers as much as we can because I hate supporting the cruel Beef Industry.  If it mean my survival & it was the only way I would be able to eat meat, then maybe I would hunt.  I do like to shoot guns though, but at targets, not cute Mammals and birds.

ride a motorcycle?  No, I'm too accident prone.  I think it looks like a lot of fun, but I'm sure I would kill myself.  Also, I don't trust other people on the road and I like the comfort of having steel, Air bags and Crumple zones between me and them.  Motorcycles always are on the losing end of accidents and I have seen some horrible things that have happen to Motorcyclists, getting sucked up into wheel wells of Semi trucks and having all their skin ripped off, being drug several city blocks, amputations, No thanks!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 12:51:56 pm by Newf Lover »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2005, 12:30:56 pm »
any tattoos?  piercings?

do you hunt and fish?

ride a motorcycle?
and if you do ride a motorcycle...w hat kind?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2005, 12:34:33 pm »
any tattoos?  piercings?

do you hunt and fish?

ride a motorcycle?
and if you do ride a motorcycle...w hat kind?
iksne on this question then.  I'll keep my accidents to a minimum! :)