Author Topic: Do strangers label your dog as a breed that he/she isn't?  (Read 18914 times)

Offline fleugle

• Gnawer
  • Cassi,
    • View Profile
Re: Do strangers label your dog as a breed that he/she isn't?
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2005, 03:59:07 am »
cassi has been called many of the above. black pyr, st. mix, newfoundlander ( close, so i agree), horse, bear. i often say lab, black bear mix. suprising how often the reply is, " REALLY?"

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2005, 04:08:36 am »
cassi has been called many of the above. black pyr, st. mix, newfoundlander ( close, so i agree), horse, bear. i often say lab, black bear mix. suprising how often the reply is, " REALLY?"
K...that's some funny sh**!! 'cause I often tell people Samson  & Pippin are polar bear hybrids & I get the same respnse!! :D

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2005, 06:55:46 am »
Yes, we heard it often when he was a puppy and all fluffy.  Bryce is a Newfoundland, but a woman with a group of tourists walking through the park (tours) stopped to let everyone know that I had a Chow.

When I politely corrected her she then told me my breeder was wrong and had accidently sold me a chow.  She knows what chows are because...of course ::) she used to show them and had champions.

Now most folks know what he is but I do get the occasional That is the most beautiful black pyrenese, was he specially bred? :-X

Offline iluvbigdogz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2005, 07:46:47 am »
There are'nt many pyrs where I live so not many people know what Busa is.  I usually hear the whispers "Look at that St. Bernard" or "Look theres a Newfoundland" (sp?)
I just smile. Any time I tell people what he is they never know what I am talking about.