Author Topic: PLEASE EVERYONE READ  (Read 22179 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
PLEASE EVERYONE READ
« on: December 09, 2005, 06:28:29 pm »
Today while we were at the movies my husbnad was workingo n the kennel and making things more safe for our animals.  When I arrived home he was frantically waving at me.   My heart dropped, I just thought Oh God not something else....

However.....(DRUM ROLL)
Shadow is in the house, Anthony is screaming his head off in total joy, and I am crying...OMG!!!!  He searched the woods behind the neighbors house, he heard crying when in the kennel working and went on the snowmoblie looking again, after 2 hours in the woods on foot and calling her he must have gotten close enough and she started hollering, he found her
STUCK IN THE NEIGHBORS TRAP.  CAUGHT AROUND HER HEAD IN A SNARE LYING NEXT TO A BIG CLAW TRAP.  She was very fat 4 days ago, and is very skinny now, dehydrated, and weak, but she is going to be ok, she will be on broth and gatorade until tomorrow.  Monday she will see the vet, he said she should be fine.  We have also called the police who notified the state game wardens.  I am waiting for a call right now.  It is the law that you must check your trap line EVERYDAY.  On Wednesday and Thursday they were asked to check their traps.  The wife said "I don't know if he has traps"  He said he would look.  4 days later they are still unchecked except by my husband and THANK GOD this little girl has a will to live....
Anthony got on his knees and she stood up and hugged him.  Attached is the picture.  THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT AND PRAYERS.  Shana

Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Kiahpyr

Re: PLEASE EVERYONE READ
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 06:38:02 pm »
OMG!!! That is so WONDERFUL!!! I'm so happy for you and your family.

Edited to add: I have happy tears!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 06:38:34 pm by Tajsa »

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 06:40:36 pm »
That's great news. now your son has 2 dogs ;). How wonderful.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 06:48:36 pm »
I will try the pedialyte.  I just cannot believe she LIVED stuck by her head for FOUR DAYS!  It makes me so ill thinking about how cold it has been, the ice and snow storm we had, and beside that I am really really angry that these people were so irresponsible KNOWING she was missing!  I want to go over there very badly, hubby said no, I want ot call, hubby said to just wait until the police and game warden call.  I know he is right, but I have alot I want to say.  I am just biting my tounge right now and will let hubby handle it.  I am so grateful she is home.  I cannot believe it. 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 07:09:44 pm »
That little pup loved you guys so much, that's what kept her fighting.  Poor little girl - she must be SO relieved (as am I)!!!  I am SO happy for you - thank goodness!  ;D

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 07:11:00 pm »
Yippie! Way to go Shadow! I am so glad you kept looking!  ;D (We need a dancing smiley face here.)

Remember, it's hard to take back things once said. Let the local authorities handle this. You just worry about getting your baby fat again! We do need some more pictures though. Wow Anthony now has 2 little ones!

Merry Christmas Shauna.

Deena, Sofia, and Sapphire

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 07:27:16 pm »
I'm my God I'm bawling my eyes out right now.  I couldn't be happier!  :D
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 07:28:05 pm »
I totally agree.  I will not even voice what I want to do.  Lets leave it at it will be taken care of one way or another. :-[
Storm Jameson

GR8DAME

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 07:35:23 pm »
I agree with good hope, let your husband handle the head on confrontation with the neghbors. And every night go out and rip those traps out of the ground and leave them in a heap. Don't get mad, just get even.
So glad Shadow is back where she belongs!
Stella

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 07:35:48 pm »
That is fantastic news. Your family must be very happy right now.  ;D

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 07:39:05 pm »
That is the best news!!!!! THANK GOODNESS she is ok!!! It is a miracle!!!!!
 Luckily the hard part is over with for your pup!! Now lots of love and good food and warmth and hugs!!! This calls for a celebration!!! I'm so glad you guys kept looking!!!! :D

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 08:05:24 pm »
That is sooo great!  :D I am so happy for your family and especially your son!  I know when my daughter is hurting I am hurting too, so I can only imagine the emotional torture this has been for all of you! 
I am glad Shadow has been reunited with his loving family and is back on his path of being a fat, happy puppy!
I hope those neighbors learn a lesson from this in some way!
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 08:24:42 pm »
YAY! I read the original post and was really upset. But poor little Shadow, stuck out in the cold in a trap for so long. I bet if she could talk, she'd have a story to tell. So what does Shadow think of Ginger, or haven't they met yet?

Personally, I'd feel like shoving the neighbours head in one of his own traps and leaving him there, but it's not worth a murder rap is it.  ;D

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 08:48:08 pm »
OMG!!! I haven't posted in such a long time, and to see this here!!! A Christmas miracle for your family, especially your son. What a relief, and I can only imagine the joy your son is experiencing right now!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 08:54:06 pm »
I know it is hard to take back things..,.Fortunately when my Greek blood starts to boil my husband is the voice of reason.  She is SO SKINNY.  Lots of love and good food will help her bounce back.  Her temp is normal, and her lungs are clear (I just listened again)  She has some diarrhea but I expected that and she is doing quite a bit or whining.  Shei s our first dog to take a snowmobile ride!  I will take some pictures tomorrow when she is hopefully feeling better but attached is a few pic's of her I just took. 
Storm Jameson