Author Topic: Our beloved Newfie, Bailey, has left us  (Read 10958 times)

Offline Paul

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Our beloved Newfie, Bailey, has left us
« on: December 10, 2005, 04:48:35 am »
Dear Bailey:

I write this with tears in my eyes as I know your time with us has been cut short.  Putting you to sleep was one of the most heart wrenching and agonizing decisions we have ever made.  I remember driving you home from the breeder 8 years ago.  You were small enough to fit in a recycling bin and you wimpered most of the way home during that 2 hour drive.  Now it's my turn to cry as I try to determine if I have tears of sorrow or tears of joy, or maybe both.  Our hearts are broken knowing that we will never again hear your familiar bark or your amusing snores.  But we have been honored to have had you as a friend and loyal family companion.  You are and always will be a member of the family.  The kids will miss you dearly, although Benjamin and Matthew sadly will forget you.  Samantha on the other hand won't forget you and I thank you for touching her heart so.  She asked me today why the vet, Santa, and even God couldn't "fix" you.  I'm sorry but I didn't have an answer for her.........ju st that you were very sick.  I'll miss rubbing your ears and getting pushed by that big nose of yours when I would stop.  I'll also miss giving you your favorite snacks, apples and carrots, out of the fridge.  But what I'll miss most is your companionship and friendship we had forged through the years.  You were a true friend and one who I will miss for many years to come.  I thank you for being our friend and for allowing us to be part of your life.  We were blessed to have you in our home.  The life in your big brown eyes may have ended but you will live on in our hearts and minds.  You were our big girl and the emptiness left behind will be difficult to fill.  You can rest now, my "Burley", for your physical time here is over but your devotion and our love for you will go on forever.  Thank you again for sharing your life with us.  There will be an extra candle burning this Christmas.

Love always,
Paul, Gale, Jill, Samantha, Benjamin, and Matthew

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
Re: Our beloved Newfie, Bailey, has left us
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 08:46:47 am »
I am very sorry to hear of your loss.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and Bailey as he goes over the Rainbow bridge.  We all understand that our pups are such a big part of our families.

Anita & the 3 Newfs from NJ

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 09:00:00 am »
So sorry to hear, I know you will miss him. They are such a big part of our lives. Just leaves a hole in your heart for awhile. Amazingly enough, your children have learned so much from Bailey and those lessons they will carry with them for the rest of their lives. Although the little ones may not remember, the smallest of lessons learned will not be forgotten.

Deena

« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 12:16:38 pm by Good Hope »

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 09:45:55 am »

Their time with us is so short....but the memories last forever. 

Offline Mark Dozier

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 10:59:39 am »
Thaank you for sharing the letter. It is wonderful and I know your heart will always hold him close.
Mark Dozier
servant of
Rolly - Walker Coon Hound
Ozzie - Maremma
Siearra - Great Pryenesse

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 11:10:53 am »
I am so sorry for your loss. They touche us in ways that are unimaginable and teach us lessons in life that are not forgotten. That was a beautiful letter. Bailey will never be gone from your heart.
Michelle

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 11:14:08 am »
I'm so deeply saddened by your loss. I hope that through your daily rememberances of Bailey you sorrow will weaken.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 11:32:45 am »
My deepest sympathy for your loss.  It is amazing how deeply these wonderful creatures can touch us.
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline Svnt4God

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 11:44:54 am »
The Rainbow Bridge for Bailey too.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.  There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.  There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.  The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

k2campbell

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 03:28:13 pm »
Well, now I'm soaked from the tears.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Bailey, truly.  Please know that my thoughts are with you and your family, and Bailey as well.  I'm sure he is at the Bridge right now, smiling down on you and your family.  ;)

Take care,
Kelly

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 03:58:58 pm »
Days like this, when we've lost both Bailey and Marley make me SO sad to check in on BPO!  I'm so VERY, VERY sad by the loss of your beloved Bailey.  Your letter to him was so touching and real.  My heart just aches for you!  Please accept hugs and drools from the Newfs and I!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 11:16:51 pm »
 :'( I am so very sorry for your loss, you are in my prayers.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 11:42:36 pm »
so very sorry-it is extremely hard to lose one... :'(
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 01:21:35 am »
I am deeply sorry for you loss.

Your letter to Bailey is so touching I can't help but well up with saddess for you  :'(
RIP former BPO

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 01:55:54 am »
The letter is wonderful, thank you for sharing your very deepest sorrows with us.

I am so so sorry to hear about Bailey. I am a red swollen mess by now, it has been a sad sad day indeed on BPO.

You gave him a new life at the bridge where he again is the puppy you picked up, that fit in the recycling bin.

You will be greatly missed, but go play with all the other BPO doggies that are already at the bridge Bailey.

Hugs

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog