Author Topic: For all of you Fake tree people  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
For all of you Fake tree people
« on: December 10, 2005, 12:19:40 pm »
Nee just peed all over my grandparent's fake tree AND their brand new, snow white, tree skirt.  I discovered this after getting out of my shower (And being nice and fresh smelling for St. Lucia tonight), and now, I am reeking of dog piss and chemicals.  Yay. 

I think Nee and the tree are going to have issues.  They put it up yesterday when I was gone, so when we came home at 11:45 last night, not only were there two people sleeping on the couch (My grandmother and baby sister, 8 Years old) but there was a tree in the middle of his living room and he couldn't look out his windows!  What else was a dog to do?  How about Woof out a couple of low loud booming barks with sound waves that could jump start a GI tract?  Of course I was squealing "SHUT UP!" in a high pitched whisper so I was just as bad as he was.  Surprisingly (Or not) my baby sister slept through it all, even Nee sniffing her and kissing and drooling all over her face.  (When she was 4 my middle sister picked her up off the couch to puther to bed and dropped her.  Samara never even noticed, we rushed her to the hospital to make sure she wasn't in a coma and she woke up in Triage.)  My grandmother wasn't happy to say the least so Nee and I toddled off upstairs, like the good little cowards we are.

So, DOGS DO PEE ON FAKE TREES!
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: For all of you Fake tree people
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 12:52:45 pm »
I had the same issue with Zero LOL...It looked like a real tree but smelled funny.  One day Zero decided took attempt to lift his leg and thank god I was right there...I gave him a HUGE no and he ran into his crate LOL

Your poor grandparents LOL
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

k2campbell

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 03:24:15 pm »
Ang - sorry to hear of your hardship (not intending to laugh) but thought it was funny that you got to smell like pee and chemicals right after showering!   :D  Silly NEE!!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 07:25:43 pm »
You know what? Something funny makes me think that peeing on a fake tree with an all white skirt would be most likely to happen to ou under any circumstance.  ;D So sorry, but it is funny Ang!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 08:13:13 pm »
You know what? Something funny makes me think that peeing on a fake tree with an all white skirt would be most likely to happen to ou under any circumstance.  ;D So sorry, but it is funny Ang!

I'm just lucky like that!  ;D  I shudder to think of my life if it was boring and normal.  In Nee's defense, I was a bad mommy and took my shower before I let him out.  I have surmised that the tree was the closest he could get to outside.  :P

OH and Jamie, I was going through posts last night and Matt saw you and Bear.  He announced that you were "A Piece".  That's an honor from him that only Jennifer Love Hewitt has attained, so you should be a very proud woman ;)  And tell Michael not to worry.  Matt's just a harmless pencil neck :)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 12:25:00 am »
Hahahahaha.... tell your pencil neck thanks!  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 12:46:17 pm »
I am sorry to hear about the treepee, well hehe it isnt too bad. One year with my danes I had to re-decorate the tree two or three times, my male dane Zorro dragged the tree to the couch and thats where we found him AND the tree when we got home. The last time we decided to put two hooks in the wall and tie a string around the friggin tree, haaa Zorro was surprised next time he was there to do his deed  ;D

Ohhhh and I am soooo happy to hear you are celebrating st. Lucia, Im from Sweden and there we celebrate it the 13 th of December, with all the songs and the "light bride" hmmm wonder if thats what you call her over here. I think you are the first one here I have heard who aknowledge st. Lucia.

Good Luck with the white tree skirt, you may want to make them a pretty yellow one, that one might last a bit longer hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 12:52:52 pm »
Ohhhh and I am soooo happy to hear you are celebrating st. Lucia, Im from Sweden and there we celebrate it the 13 th of December, with all the songs and the "light bride" hmmm wonder if thats what you call her over here. I think you are the first one here I have heard who aknowledge st. Lucia.

Marit

Matt's mother's side of the family is Swedish.  (His dad's side is Polish.  I STILL don't know how that happened)  There are also alot of people at our church that are Swedish so they have a St. Lucia service and all the Swedish people from the area come.  

http://bethanycovenant.com/bcc/christmasservices.shtml

I have to learn to make the cookies.  I don't remember what they're called though.   ::)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 01:11:52 pm »

Marit

Matt's mother's side of the family is Swedish.  (His dad's side is Polish.  I STILL don't know how that happened)  There are also alot of people at our church that are Swedish so they have a St. Lucia service and all the Swedish people from the area come.  

http://bethanycovenant.com/bcc/christmasservices.shtml

I have to learn to make the cookies.  I don't remember what they're called though.   ::)

Do you mean the "lusse katter" the hmmm how to explain this without making it sound like something real odd lol. the bun like ones with a couple of raisins on top depending on shape? or do you mean "peppar kakor" hard brown ginger bread cookies?

I have the recipes if you want, just say ay, and ill post them  ;D and you can surprise them all with your home made lusse katter. It is really very easy

Marit

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 01:14:55 pm »

Do you mean the "lusse katter" the hmmm how to explain this without making it sound like something real odd lol. the bun like ones with a couple of raisins on top depending on shape? or do you mean "peppar kakor" hard brown ginger bread cookies?

I have the recipes if you want, just say ay, and ill post them  ;D and you can surprise them all with your home made lusse katter. It is really very easy

Marit

Oooooo Marit that sounds good.  I want both of those, but the cookies I'm talking about are called (I KNOW I'm gonna screw this up) Spritzchen ?  They're kind of like sugar cookies but lighter?  I'm gonna see Matt in a little bit, and I'll find out what they are.

Thanks!  ;D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 01:24:04 pm »
hmmm not quite sure what you mean, but you ask him and Ill give you all the swedish recepis youd ever want and then some lol......

Do you celebrate with swedish christmas "smorgasbord" also or do you have a traditional american one?

Since I and Malin and Mattias are swedish, Jennifer is half swedish and half american and Chris an american. We celebrate both swedish and american, the 24 th, when we do the christmas we have a swedish version and then on the 25 th we do the american one, so both kinds of food and traditions. Hmmm do I need to mention I am cooking and baking and then cooking some more lol....

Marit

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 01:27:33 pm »
Christmas is CRAZY here.  At the crack of Dawn Matt and I are with my family for presents, and brunch.  (Usually roast beef).  Then we tear down to his house for presents, and I help his mom who does smorgasbord, in addition to the American turkey and trimmings.  We eat like around 7 PM, and have nightmares all night :)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 01:41:05 pm »
hahaha sounds like fun. I dont know what it is about christmas..... . It is supposed to be relaxing and peaceful, yeah right haaa.

What do you like the most on the smorgarbord? Does she make Jansons temptation, and meatballs, and pickled herring (me do not like pickled herring) the traditional swedish ham? ohhhh can you all tell I have not had breakfast yet and it is like 12.30 here, and I got up at 6 am, I guess it is time for lunch and then up in the attic and get the rest of the christmas stuff out. Thats one thing too. In sweden we bring the tree in later than most people do here, so we compromise and bring it in later than Chris would and earlier than I would lol..... It is kinda complicated with marriages over the borders  :P

Go ahead and tell me what kind of cookies you mean, when you know and Ill get you the recipes for them, and you can totally impress  ;D

Marit

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 01:48:51 pm »
Christmas is only relaxing for boys :P

We don't have ham because Matt hates ham.  Fussy bugger.  She makes the herring but she's the only one who eats it.  Mostly I eat the meatballs.  Remember I already ate once that day, so I can't do much!  Plus the boys MORE than make up for what i don't eat.  Our tree is going up today too!  :)

Jenn found the cookies for me.  Spritzkuchen.  After she sent them to me, I remembered that they called them butter cookies.  They don't look hard to make but I'd like the ones that you talked about too!  they sound wonderful!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 01:55:42 pm »
ahhh okay, you can now brag with the swedish name for them "smor kaka" lol and they are good mmmmm.....

Now I have to go polish my kitchen cabinets, I keep doing that, but for some odd reason stuff that very much looks like slobbers end up on them hmmmm wonder how that happens  ::)

Marit