Author Topic: WHAT A SAD SAD DAY ON BPO  (Read 3427 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
WHAT A SAD SAD DAY ON BPO
« on: December 11, 2005, 02:53:08 am »
Coming on todnight and reading that two of our beloved dogs have crossed over to the bridge and one is going the same way tomorrow, has truly been a sobby, wet and very very hard to read. I can feel with all of you, as can everyone else here. We all love our dogs and most of us have had to make that horrible call, that it is time for our companion to pass on.

During the 9 or so months BPO has been active, we have had a few of "our" dogs go to the bridge. Now when it is Christmas and lots of candles, I will have one very very special candle to light every evening for all the dogs that has passed away on here and all the dogs before that have touch me, both my own and others.

May I suggest that we all have a special BPO candle, for all the dogs that will be greatly missed this Christmas and long after.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

k2campbell

Re: WHAT A SAD SAD DAY ON BPO
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 03:08:19 am »
Marit - that is an excellent idea about the candle.  I also found it extremely hard to sit down and read all of this tonight.  I'm sure it is 100 times harder for those directly effected...

We lost our dear sweet boy (Slater) a 9 1/2 yr old Rotti this past summer.  We dealt with it as best we could, but I still haven't created a memorium for him here on BPO (because I still ball my eyes out trying to write about him).  Not that I'm feeling sorry for myself (and not that we don't love Kate - we lover her TOO much I think!) but we're just not the same without him here.  I think about him every day, and shed a tear just as much.  I am a very emotional person (some people think I'm nuts to still cry over him) but I do - he was seriously my best friend and I miss him dearly.

SO - I will write up that memorium for him on BPO, and I will most definitely light a candle at Christmas for him, as well as all the other dogs lost this year.   

OK - I'm getting off now because I'm crying once again (and think I've gotten to rambling here a bit), but wanted to say GREAT idea Marit, so nice of you to post this  ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 03:17:39 am by k2campbell »

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 03:21:49 am »
Dont feel bad for crying, I have done a ton of it since I started being on here, maybe that is why I had to take a little break lol, emotionally exhausted. It is either a big belly laugh and spit the coffee over the puter, or tears flowing down the face. The other evening, when I of course went to bed way later than Chris, I had to wake him up and tell him all about the sick dogs on here. He at that point pretty much declared me nuts, but I just had to vent.

We lost our Buffy this past summer too, and just like you K2, it still hurts, it is still such a giant hole where she used to be. I have had dogs all my adult life, so I have several dogs that will be remembered in my special candle moments.

Marit

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 03:37:54 am »
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your Buffy as well...  :(

Aw Marit - you made me feel better  :)  thanks!  I too am one who tells the hubby (Eric) about sad things on BPO, he too also thinks I'm nuts sometimes!  ::)

I know it's alright for me to still be hurting so much, but other than you guys (fellow BPOer's) everyone else tells me to "get over it".  Not Eric, just other family and friends.  Some people just don't understand how we could be so bonded with our dogs - but it just happens.   I believe every dog is an angel in some way, just for what they bring to our lives by having them!  ;D

Thanks though Marit - I couldn't sleep tonight actually (after reading about all the dogs lost) that I came back to the puter.  Now I'm going to try to sleep again, have a good one - and thanks.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 03:38:56 am by k2campbell »

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 03:55:18 am »
nighty night K2. And I guess our hubbies for the most parts have to understand us, or we wouldnt still be married lol. Chris often says "we dont have pets, we have family members" Granted those sweet feelings does not cover the cats, he is allergic, and we have one Trouble, who is actually ours, then we have 7 "foster cats" okay okay I still  DO believe they will one day grow up and graduate out of my nest. Only if the right home comes along though ( I guess that part is what worries Chris hehe)

Marit

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 07:24:57 am »
Oh yes, terribly sad. I've been avoiding posting on the individual threads as I'm no help at the moment and kept bawling my eyes out every time I read them. I had to have my beloved shar-pei Tinkerbell put to sleep last Tuesday. She was 2 weeks from her 11th birthday, but her kidneys have not been good for at least 6 months. She'd had a hock attack (part of a hereditary syndrome some pei have) a couple of week earlier that I think just pushed them over the edge. After talking realistically to the vet, I let her go while she still had some dignity. I know I've done the right thing and I feel that she is now happy and at peace, but it doesn't stop me missing her.

I have a special tealight holder I bought a few weeks ago to light for Phoebe who I lost in March, so it seems fitting to light that for all the puppies we've had pass on... hope everybody approves of vanilla scented candles.  :)

As long as we remember them so fondly, they'll never really be gone.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 08:42:11 am »
I went away this weekend, and just got back... i'm sooo sorry for everyone's losses.   :'(  I can't imagine how hard it is!  I will definately get some candles this week and light some on New Years Eve for the pups.  They are probably off in their puppy heavens right now... thinking about how great their lives were and how great they did their job as "man's best friend"... sniffle..
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 08:48:20 am »
A candle of remembrance  is a wonderful idea.

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 09:45:42 am »
I am so sorry to hear about your Tinkerbell, Senghe. It is hard to read these threads when your own loss is so recent. I will be thinking about her too when I light my BPO candle.

Marit

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 10:35:04 am »
You guys are all the best!  I have tears streaming down my face as I read this post and after the ones yesterday and thinking about Petra today!  I feel so luck that Cowboy is here on my feet after last week's scare and how great and supportive you all were.   I'm definitately lighting that candle for all of our best friends we've lost and hope some how they can see it through the holes in our hearts! :'(

dohertyswissy

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 11:11:33 am »
What a beautiful idea Marit.  I'll be putting the finishing touches on the Christmas decorations tonight and will definitely be lighting a candle for all of our BPOers who've lost a loved one.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.   :'(

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 11:19:05 am »
This is going to be a tough Christmas for some families here on the board... How about a special chat for those missing their babies?

Also, are any of you familiar with the book "The Tenth Good Thing About Barney." ? It is a great book, about a child dealing with the death of a beloved cat.

Here's a link:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0689712030/qid=1134400433/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-6395410-3783813?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

It's great for adults as well as children.

This has been hard on many... we all know the day we dread will come for all of us, thanks for sharing and allowing us to share your grief.

Deena

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 07:57:26 pm »
nighty night K2. And I guess our hubbies for the most parts have to understand us, or we wouldnt still be married lol. Chris often says "we dont have pets, we have family members" Granted those sweet feelings does not cover the cats, he is allergic, and we have one Trouble, who is actually ours, then we have 7 "foster cats" okay okay I still  DO believe they will one day grow up and graduate out of my nest. Only if the right home comes along though ( I guess that part is what worries Chris hehe)

Marit
[/color]

You are right Marit - they wouldn't be married to us if they didn't understand  ;)  7 "foster cats" hey?!  WOW - that's a lot of kitty litter!  Hee hee...

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 10:43:14 pm »
no kidding lol. it seems like every time I turn around we need dog food or cat food or cat litter or some supplement for the dogs or bird food or degu food OR air freshener or carpet cleaner lol

Marit