Author Topic: How to get a Bull Mastiff and two beagles (all male) get along.  (Read 4131 times)

Offline MastiffMaster

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
How to get a Bull Mastiff and two beagles (all male) get along.
« on: December 11, 2005, 06:48:06 pm »
 ??? I recently brought home a Bull Mastiff who is 5 years old. I already have two beagles (ages 4 and 7). All three of them are male. My beagles continually bark and are afraid of the mastiff although he is more afraid of them.

As it stand right now, my husband is able to bring the mastiff to work with him so the three are not alone during the day. At night, we are here so if they get into it, we stop them.

My only fear is once the mastiff gets sick of it, I am not sure what he will do, if anything.

Can anyone give me advice on this. I really love all 3 and wouldn't want to part with any of them. >:(

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a Bull Mastiff and two beagles (all male) get along.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 06:53:15 pm »
Have any of these fellas gone through Obeideience?

Are they all neutered?

You may need to seek out a behaviorist and have the Beagles evaluated. Sometimes, dogs who've been "only children" for a while take longer, or don't take to at all to newbies.

Best get an opnioin from an expert, just to help make the transition easier on ALL of you, and to ensure that the agression doesn't get out of hand.

Good luck!! ;D
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline MastiffMaster

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a Bull Mastiff and two beagles (all male) get along.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 06:58:23 pm »
Both of my beagles are rescues so they have lived with other dogs of all sizes. As a matter of fact, we had another beagle (female) here for a few months who we were fostering and they were fine with her. Yes, they are all neutered. Not sure about obedience with any of them. I am not sure if it is more because of the fact that the mastiff is male or because of his size.  ???

??? I recently brought home a Bull Mastiff who is 5 years old. I already have two beagles (ages 4 and 7). All three of them are male. My beagles continually bark and are afraid of the mastiff although he is more afraid of them.

As it stand right now, my husband is able to bring the mastiff to work with him so the three are not alone during the day. At night, we are here so if they get into it, we stop them.

My only fear is once the mastiff gets sick of it, I am not sure what he will do, if anything.

Can anyone give me advice on this. I really love all 3 and wouldn't want to part with any of them. >:(