Author Topic: HOT SEAT #8 - Mastiffmommy!!! Time to fess up, Marit!  (Read 19096 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
HOT SEAT #8 - Mastiffmommy!!! Time to fess up, Marit!
« on: December 11, 2005, 07:30:30 pm »
OK, sorry I lagged on picking the Hot Seatee, I forgot the rules.  Time for Marit to answer some interesting and/or embarassing questions, this should be good....  ;D

What is your favorite part on your body and why?

If you had to give up one of your 5 senses, which would it be?

Do you think the Death Penalty is a fair punishment? 

Do nice guys really finish last?

What is your biggest regret in life?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 07:31:24 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: HOT SEAT #8 - Mastiffmommy!!! Time to fess up, Marit!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 07:32:38 pm »
If you could be stranded in one place for the rest of your life, what place would you pick?

What book would you bring?
What CD?
What movie?
What food?
What drink?
What companion?
What peice of clothing
What other can't-bear-to-be-without item?
RIP former BPO

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 08:08:52 pm »
To which religion do you belong?  Why?

What do you think of the different forms of government: government by the many (polity/democracy)?  government by the few (aristocracy/ogliarchy)?  government by one (monarchy/tyranny)?  (The paretheses refer to the two forms that type of government can take; the first is that in which people are concerned with the common good, while the second is that in which the rulers are "looking out for themselves.")

Do you think tolerance (not to be confused with politeness and civility) is a good thing?  Why or why not?

Do you believe in relativism (i.e., morality, truth, etc. is relative, not absolute)?

That is enough from me, I think, for the time being.  Those questions will probably take some time and thought to answer.

Sofia

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 08:50:07 pm »
OK, sorry I lagged on picking the Hot Seatee, I forgot the rules.  Time for Marit to answer some interesting and/or embarassing questions, this should be good....  ;D

What is your favorite part on your body and why?

If you had to give up one of your 5 senses, which would it be?

Do you think the Death Penalty is a fair punishment? 

Do nice guys really finish last?

What is your biggest regret in life?

Thanks a bunch Newf lol.... I thought this would be a piece of cake, because my life is pretty much an open book on here already, then I started to read the questions and hahaha ohhh well, I'll work my way through them, thank you Sofia for recognizing it will take time AND thougt to answer them  :o

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ON YOUR BODY AND WHY? Well depends on if you mean physical part, I am rather fond of my brain, it tends to fail me from time to time but overall it's been treating me good  ;). Physical part, hmmm I think my eyes, for better and worse, what I like about them is what also sometimes give me away. If I tell a lie, you can see it in my eyes, if I am sad its there, if I laughe or smile that too is in the eyes, so I think that will have to be fav. part.

IF YOU HAD TO GIVE UP ONE OF YOUR 5 SENSES, WHICH WOULD IT BE? Without a doubt taste, that is what I would miss the least.

DO YOU THINK THE DEATH PENALTY IS A FAIR PUNISHMENT? This is tough, I was brought up in a country where it is seen as totally unacceptable with death penalties. And in most cases I would have to say no I don't think it is right, after all there have been cases where someone have been in jail for years and years and then with new technology they realize they made a mistake. On the other hand some crimes, well yes for certain crimes like child molesting, a big yes I think the death penalty is fair.

DO NICE GUYS REALLY FINISH LAST? When I was young(er), and was a bit confused lol, yes they did. Now absolutely not, I guess when you get a bit older you see other qualities in a guy.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST REGRET IN LIFE? I have a few regrets, but the absolutely biggest one, and that is a big one is that when I had my first child, c-sec in week 30, he was sick and was fighting hard for about a week and a half before he lost the battle. During a lot of that time, I was in some kind of chock state and scared, so I didn't spend all the time with him, I could have sat in the neo. ward all day and night, and I didnt. I missed out on some of the very short time he had here. That is something that still haunts me, that I wish I had.....
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 09:04:17 pm »
What other titles do you think you will achieve in life besides anal gland queen?

What/ where  you think you will doing/be in 10 years?

What other type of dogs would you like to own?

What is your passion in life?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 09:05:58 pm by Icerotti »

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 09:15:48 pm »
If you could be stranded in one place for the rest of your life, what place would you pick? - I take it since you say stranded, it is a rather remote and empty place? If thats the case I think it will have to be a place that come as close as possible to 75 degrees year round, no bugs and no snakes, clear water springs, and modern bathrooms. I don't do well without them  :D. Not sure where to find such a place though.

What book would you bring? - I love reading and there are so many good books, the book I brought though, would be a book that have both drama, is deep and exciting. A book that I could read again and again. One book I think of now is, not without my daughter.

What CD? - since I only had one, it would have to be one I wasnt too likely to get tired of too quickly. I like almost all kinds of music, but in this case I would have to say a Bach collection, and if I could sneek in a second it would be one with "the real group" a jazz group a capella, I love their voices, so soothing and calming, and I am not really a jazz person.

What movie? - Armageddon, my all time favorite

What food? - Salmon, BUT since I am at this neat place I am thinking I could grow veggies and such and fish for salmon, and if thats the case I would bring a big case of spices.  ::)

What drink? - Water, unless there is good drinking water there, then I would bring white wine, a riesling.

What companion? - I choose to marry my husband, so if I am prepared to live the rest of my life with him, he would also be the one I brought as my companion.

What peice of clothing - a slip dress
What other can't-bear-to-be-without item? - toothpaste

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 10:02:36 pm »
To which religion do you belong?  Why?

- The swedish church is Lutheran, protestant, so I was born into being a christian lutheran. It is a bit confusing though, because you have a bit different terms here. But I would say Lutheran is what you all would say. I am not and have never been a church going person. In my opinion I can be a good christian and a good person and not going to church every sunday. If I pray, or believe I can do that where ever, I think it is whats inside that matters.

What do you think of the different forms of government: government by the many (polity/democracy)?  government by the few (aristocracy/ogliarchy)?  government by one (monarchy/tyranny)?  (The paretheses refer to the two forms that type of government can take; the first is that in which people are concerned with the common good, while the second is that in which the rulers are "looking out for themselves.")

- I am very interested in politics, so I have to type with self control here, or I will make this one very long post  ;) I am a firm believer in democracy, it doesnt always work, but the form and the idea is absolutely the type of government to strive after.  I am not a believer in aristocracy or ogliarchy, aristocracy means to be run by the one who is best or knows best, in reality that doesnt work, who decides who is right? ogliarchy, I think can be dangerous, when basically a groups behavior takes over the individual, almost like pack behavior in dogs, and we all know how different they can be. Monarchy/tyranny as it used to be, was discriminating and controlling and the way I see it a past era. Today the contries that are still concidered monarchies, a lot of them have a democracy government but a king or queen, also. Sweden is a monarchy, but the royal family has no control whatso ever, they are more PR for the country, while it is run by a government, where the people elect the party every 4 years, and there are 5 major parties and some smaller. But where monarchy is still the old type, no I dont support that.

Do you think tolerance (not to be confused with politeness and civility) is a good thing?  Why or why not?

- yes tolerance is good, and we could probably all use a bit more of it. I want to think of myself as tolerant, but am sometimes guilty of being narrow minded.

Do you believe in relativism (i.e., morality, truth, etc. is relative, not absolute)?

- At a first thought, it is easy to say, no because of course I believe in ethical standards, but yes I do believe in relativism, I dont think anything is absolute and inflexible.

That is enough from me, I think, for the time being.  Those questions will probably take some time and thought to answer.

Sofia

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 10:15:26 pm »
What other titles do you think you will achieve in life besides anal gland queen?

- hahaha hmmm got my masters in bus. management and economy, that was a waste of time and money, one of the things that just happened because my father was/is active in that area. So I dont expect to get any titles from my education lol. I have been playing a bit with the idea of getting a vet. education. Maybe that should be my goal. As for now since I love dogs, it is pretty good to be anal gland queen  ;D

What/ where  you think you will doing/be in 10 years?

- Maybe I have become a vet. if so I hope I have my own practice, probably broke, because I would volunteer my services to rescue animals. Where I would be, probably here in the US, but who knows, I have moved around a bit and might be in australia or New Zealand, or back in Sweden.

What other type of dogs would you like to own?

I have had quite a few different breeds, and if I was to have another giant or any other size breed for that matter now, other than mastiffs, it would be danes. I bred them before and love the breed.

What is your passion in life?

Animals, I am extremely passionate about animal rights, and the work against animal cruelty

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 01:17:00 am »
Why did you come to the US?

Who is you favorite band? Favorite Male singer? Female singer? (Please don't say ABBA!)

Letterman or Leno?

Do you own any Victoria's Secret lingerie? If yes, did you buy it for him, or did he buy it for
you?

What movie star do you most resemble?

Who's you favorite muppet?

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 01:20:46 am »
how many kids do you have.  (wink wink)  ;)
NICKI

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 02:11:30 am »
Why did you come to the US?

Met Chris, and he just had to be born here lol. And it was much easier for me to relocate, than for him, well thats a lie because its not easy at all, but him not talking any swedish, it would have been very hard with work and all, so thats how I ended up here in the big land in west

Who is you favorite band? Favorite Male singer? Female singer? (Please don't say ABBA!)

hahahaha noooo I promise I wont say ABBA, they were kinda good when it happened though, but thats almost a lifetime ago. There are many groups I like, but I just have to be a bit patriotic here and say Roxette (is now everyone rolling their eyes and wondering who the heck is that hehe, No my fav. is I think U2. As for male singer, well Im a dork I guess but Michael Bolton just has the best voice, if I feel stressed out or in a bad mood and ready to strangle a kid, Ill play some Bolton and man ohhh man does he soothe me  ::) Female singer hmmm thats harder, I like Shania Twain though, so I guss that will be my answer

Letterman or Leno?

Letterman

Do you own any Victoria's Secret lingerie? If yes, did you buy it for him, or did he buy it for
you?

Yes I do, I like Victoria Secret quite a bit, my first thought was ohhh yeah I got him a pretty teddy lol, but I guess that was not how you meant it right? I am liberated haha so I would love to say I bought it for ME, but that I guess would be a lie, of course the nice lingerie is to be a little extra for him, but no doubt it makes me feel much better when I wear something nice under, the granny days are not so hot haha. Yes he has bought me a set but I am very hard to please lol, the fit just has to be right or everything is not where its supposed to be (hmmmm was that more than anyone wanted to know)

What movie star do you most resemble?

I have absolutely no idea, if I have to say something it would have to be Demie Moore I think

Who's you favorite muppet?

Miss Piggy of course lol, I love her attitude and the way she throws her hair and sticks her snout in the air  ;D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 02:14:10 am »
how many kids do you have.  (wink wink)  ;)

Well thats a tricky one  ;) but I know for sure I have Malin 14, Mattias 11 and Jennifer 5, then the question is if I have one more, hubby. He is the biggest baby of them all, so good days I am married with three kids on bad I am single with four  ;D

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 08:24:54 am »
You said that you "are passionate about animal rights."  Which rights do you think animals have?

Something I've wondered: Lots of people say they try to be tolerant and think it is a good thing.  Do you think that intolerance ought to be tolerated?  Or is that an exception?

Which of the ancient philosophers do you think came closest to the truth?  Epicurius?  Aristotle?  Plato?  Another?  Or do you know nothing about them?  (And why do I tend to think you would pick Epicurius?  ;D)

What is your opinion of women's rights and feminism?

Now for the final question...Do you like semi-sweet chocolate or milk?  :D

Sofia
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 08:31:55 am by Good Hope »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 10:26:32 am »
What's your middle name?

Are you a tough chick? or a softy? 

Ever gotten into a fist fight?

GR8DAME

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 10:46:27 am »
What is your favorite meal to eat out?
What is your favorite meal to cook at home?

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Surviving it, (obviously), would you do it again?

Stella