Author Topic: HOT SEAT #8 - Mastiffmommy!!! Time to fess up, Marit!  (Read 19099 times)

Icerotti

Re: HOT SEAT #8 - Mastiffmommy!!! Time to fess up, Marit!
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2005, 07:40:15 pm »
Dremel or clippers?

What is your favorite store to shop in?

If you could but one luxury item for yourself regardless of price...etc. What would it be?

Bikini or 1 piece?

Petco or Petsmart?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 07:41:29 pm by Icerotti »

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2005, 07:42:51 pm »
newf lover, you could never make me go over that thing, granted it is very beautiful. But even if I was offered a million, I wouldnt do it, I wouldnt live to be able to spend the money anyways lol.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2005, 07:59:23 pm »
Dremel or clippers?

Both, if I have been a bit slack, I like to use clippers first and then dremmel them off, to take the edges off. When being a good mom and keeping up eith the nails, I dremmel only

What is your favorite store to shop in?

well depends on what I am shopping for. If it is clothes I really like a store called forever21 (yeah one can fool oneself right?) LOVE all home decorating stores. AND shoes ohhhhhh I love shoes I am a "shoehollic"

If you could but one luxury item for yourself regardless of price...etc. What would it be?

Ohhhh I totally know, that would have to be one of them full body massage benches, with all kinds of different "rolling up and down" more or less hard, and that good kneading massage. I am soooo wanting a neck rub right now  :P

Bikini or 1 piece?

If just sunbathing bikini, when swimming or playing with the kids in the water 1 piece, thats simply safer lol. I never figured out how those little triangle shaped bikini tops stay where they are intended to stay when you are actually moving around haha

Petco or Petsmart?

petsmart. mainly I think because I have on 5 mon from where I live

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2005, 10:22:07 pm »
hey marit, glad to see you again! Sorry I did not email you after we met at PetsMart, would love to see galahad again.
Tasha, tonka, and nala

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2005, 09:38:17 am »
if you could be one of your pets for a day...which one would it be? 

Why?

And what would you do?

What kinds of conversations do you have with your pets? 

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2005, 12:09:51 pm »
Most embarrassing moment? 

What's on your bedside table right now?

Favorite book/author?

What's the most important lesson a parent should teach a child?

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2005, 10:27:45 pm »
if you could be one of your pets for a day...which one would it be? 

Galahad, I love all my pets but I have to admit that my baby Galahad is probably the most spoiled and he totally owns me, if he is in bed all over my side, I will crawl up in the corner and try and get a corner of the blanket he is of course laying on lol. If he wants to sleep in noone makes him get up to do something as stupid as making the bed hehe, and well he is just having a very good and comfortable life, AND he knows how to give his mom the "pwese I want that cheese sandwich, you can make another one"

Why?

Oops  ;D I think I answered that one already

And what would you do?

I would make everyone fuss over me and sit and rub my back and give my feet rubs (Galahad loves to get his front feet rubbed) all day long, and give looks when I wanted something to eat or drink, ohhhh I would act sooooo spoiled  ::)

What kinds of conversations do you have with your pets? 

The kind that makes most people think you are wacko hehe, I mean I have full conversations with them, I have even cought myself discussing how funny or stupid things are when we watch tv together, the funny thing is that they look at me as if they totally understood and agree and if I get upset over something they are totally talking back (with their eyes)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2005, 10:44:15 pm »
Most embarrassing moment? 

Sad to say, I have had very many  ::) Okay this one IS really embarrassing hehe I cant believe I am actually going to post it  :-[ Ohh well hehe thats what the hotseat is for. When I was like 17 or so, me and a friend went to Spain on vacation for 3 weeks every summer, one year my stomach was unusually upset (the water and veggies and choc. ice cream is riskeyyyy to drink and eat there lol One day when we went to have lunch at a rest. I didnt feel all that good, but hungry  :-\ After lunch we sat there for awhile, and had a real good time Carina my friend said something really really funny and I laughed out loud and well hmmm I guess the muscle control "back there" went with the belly laugh, sooooo I let out this humongus God, I cant believe I am still typing  :-[ "air outlet" hehe AND not that it was all that many people in there, but it was VERY quiet so EVERYONE heard it and had a loong and haaard look at me, Carina was about to die of oxygen lack from laughing so hard, We paid and left and I was wondering if I should pay for the people I most likely spoiled the lunch for  :-[ :-\

What's on your bedside table right now?

Malins progress reports from school, a pic of my two legged kids and pepto mismo (nooooo I dont ALWAYS have an upset belly hahahaha) ohhhh and I have the new book by Jimmy Carter, which I went to get signed, yup I am a dork  ;D

Favorite book/author?

I dont really have a fav book or author, I read a lot and like sooo many different authors. There is one series of books though, by hmmm think the name is James Harriet, a british author who is writing about a vets life in the british country side they are several years old, but they are sooooo funny, both informative, but most of all the humor is wonderful, the kind of books I sit at night and read and out of the blue comes a big loud belly laugh

What's the most important lesson a parent should teach a child?

wow hahaha easy question, I have hormon stin teens remember lol. But I would say, that be honest no matter what is one thats up there, and of course the drug and sex thing, but no matter what absolutely no matter what happens or what problem they are in, that they can always come to me, I might not like them right then, I might totally hate what they have done, but always love them

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2005, 07:59:03 pm »

Favorite book/author?

I dont really have a fav book or author, I read a lot and like sooo many different authors. There is one series of books though, by hmmm think the name is James Harriet, a british author who is writing about a vets life in the british country side they are several years old, but they are sooooo funny, both informative, but most of all the humor is wonderful, the kind of books I sit at night and read and out of the blue comes a big loud belly laugh

Isn't that book, or at least the first of that series, called "All Things Great and Small"?  My sisters loved that book when we were growing up.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 07:59:25 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2005, 08:23:03 pm »
I loved those books too....and the BBC series!  Great stuff!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2005, 09:27:43 pm »
I am sooooo glad you both know those ones  :D I am not sure what the first one was called, I know that I was like hmmmm 16 or maybe 17 when I read it for the first time, I have read it time and time again, and I still love them. My dad reads everything that is written by an american or british author in english, he does not like to read the translated versions, so he was the one introducing me to these books.

Marit

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2005, 09:40:39 pm »
I'm starting to think I'm going to be like, was it Mrs. Pomfrey? with her little mojo who would go 'crack a dog' (our equivelent of zoomies).  What WAS that dog's name....

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2005, 09:49:24 pm »
I'm starting to think I'm going to be like, was it Mrs. Pomfrey? with her little mojo who would go 'crack a dog' (our equivelent of zoomies).  What WAS that dog's name....

Ahhhhh what a memory, I couldnt remember the dogs name, even if my life depended on it. I didnt remember Mrs. Pomfrey either until you said it, then little bells started to ring. I totally have to read them again.  I will see if I cant make Malin read them too, she is not much of a reader, but I think she might enjoy thses

Marit

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2005, 10:05:51 pm »
Oh, read them to her....those were the best time...reading books like that to the kids....

I GOT IT!!  I GOT IT!!  Tricky-Woo!!!  Mrs. Pomfrey and Tricky-Woo!!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2005, 10:11:05 pm »
wow all I can say is wow wow, I am soooo impressed. What a memory you have. I have a hard time remember what all my cats are called  :o

By the way, did you laugh out loud when you read those books?

Marit