Author Topic: Nothing to do With dogs:  (Read 3260 times)

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Nothing to do With dogs:
« on: December 12, 2005, 08:50:31 am »
Hey you guys, I'm on a mission to buy a digital camera this week, and I know absolutely NOTHING about them! (yeah, I'm a duhhh  ???) I hate to ask the sales guy at a camera store, cos they will do a big pitch on the most expensive ones, when maybe a lesser one will do all I need it to do. Was at Wal Mart last night, and they have some on sale, but didnt want to ask the guy working in that department any technical questions, cos he probably just got shoved over in the camera dept from toys or something and knows about as much as ME! What should I look for, or beware of when looking to buy?  All I need is something with a good viewscreen that doesnt take forever for the shutter to close so the pics arent blurry. Can ya help a guy out????
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing to do With dogs:
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 09:02:49 am »
Theyve just done a tv show in the UK that looked at the Kodak easyshare cameras they compared well with digital slrs for picture quality.

Andy Bell & Hovis
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 09:54:17 am »
I've heard great things about the Kodak Easyshares as well, and you can get the whole package with a 4MP camera at Walmart for under $200. 

......... then grab the one that's the prettiest, with the most buttons, and head for the check out  ;D

You mean the camera, not the salesperson, right???? ;D

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 10:13:03 am »
We have a Kodak easyshare and love it. Like you we were digital camera virgins, and looking for simple. They are easy to use and upload, have alot of the same features as the more expensive cameras and we have been very happy with the picture quality. We also bought the printing dock at the same time. It jacked up the price, but I love the convienence of printing just the pictures I want when I want them, at home or even in tthe woods at a camping trip. It's a portable darkroom.

Stella
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 10:14:28 am by GR8DAME »

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 10:40:36 am »
We have the same camera as EastJenn (Nikon Coolpix 5.1) and LOVE it!  I think (for it's price) it's definitely one of the best out there...

Hope this helps!  ;D

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 10:47:30 am »
I can't recommend what TO get but I can sure recommend which one NOT to get.  It's the Fujifilm FinePix camera.  I have one and it totally sucks!  Yes, it takes pics and does 2 second video's (with no sound) but when I take pics they always come out blurry and I have to spend hours editing them so they look decent.  I've wanted to get a CoolPix forever, but I have to wait til this one dies or breaks......hm mm..... it just might accidently fall on the floor and shatter into a million pieces today! lol
Good luck with the camera shopping!

Andi

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 10:54:01 am »
Thanks to ALL...you have been very helpful!  I think I sort of know what to look for (and what to stay away from, thanks Andi) so I will go out on a camera hunt this evening and see what I can come home with.  Just bought a new computer last week, so I'm slowly catching up with the rest of the world!! ;D
Paul

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 10:57:54 am »
I love love love my kadak easyshare.  3.1 megapixels...z oom.   easy upload to the online software.  etc.  they have a new one out now...5.0 mp that's a little more expensive but would be just as rewarding.

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 10:59:49 am »
We love our Sony CyberShot 5.1.  It takes excellent pictures and video with sound.  We were also able to purchase an underwater case for it.  We just purchased the Nikon Cool Pic 4600 (4.2) for my son and Mack's parents.  We got them at Circuit City online for only $149 with a $20 gift card rebate.  You can find some excellent deals on electronics between now and the first of the year.

Here is a website that will help find the best deals:  http://www.pricegrabber.com/

Also be sure to check online weekly deals at all the major sites....Best Buy, Circuit City, New Egg....

Good luck,
Cindy

P.S.  e-Bay is also an excellent place to look.  Just be sure to check feedback and read the details of the auction.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 11:00:52 am »
wow...that Nikon sounds GREAT!  I have sound on my videos too...but I'd love a higher zoom.