Author Topic: Please take a look at this  (Read 13926 times)

Anakalia

Re: Please take a look at this
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 03:09:38 pm »
OK I've been reading the quotes you've all been posting....... is this a joke?  It's gotta be a joke!  Someone can not write those things on a website without it either being a joke or they have major mental issues. 

Andi

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 03:13:38 pm »
And don't you just love the way she skews statistics:

Up to 30%(?)of pups raised by pet owners in non-USDA standard environments in past years have died, leaving owners with expensive vet bills.

Using that as proof of regular vaccination programs being ineffective is silly.  I wonder what her all-cause death rate is?  Propably much higher than 30%, with mothers stepping on babies when people visit.  *shakes head*  That figure probably counts fading puppy syndrome and similar causes of death that have nothing to do with parvo.

Sofia

P.S. No, Anakalia, it is not a joke.  Read the website, and the picture I attached to an earlier post is from there, BTW.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 03:14:16 pm »
I'm gonna have to go with Serious Mental Issues.

I wish it was a joke because I'm still laughing about the cataracts under the bedcovers!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2005, 03:17:20 pm »
Those are just so stupid they almost are funny!  ::)

What is really maddening are quotes like this:

AII pups receive 5 different vaccines, beginning with Neopar pure parvo at 4 wks, by 8 wks of age. They get ivermectin to prevent demodex mites, intestinal parasites, and scabies mites (which are transmissable to humans- cause rash and severe itching), and marquis anti-protozoal paste to prevent coccidia and giardia (transmissable to humans- causes upset stomach). They also get time of sale microscopic fecal examinations, and are sold with a written health  warranty. Because 90% of pups are raised by people with no vet tech skills in unsterilizable (home, backyard, barn) environments and NOT VACCINATED THE WAY WE DO IT, almost all small pups have an improperly developed immune system that will allow them to get sick should an insect land on their nose carrying a virus from next door.

You start thinking: "And this lady says she is a vet tech?!"  >:(  It is her pups who will have improperly developed immune systems from too many vaccines and little natural exposure to viruses and bacteria.

Sofia

I remember reading something saying she really was not a vet tech so I found the quote.
crazyness....

" 7.All pups receive  microscopic fecal examinations. I am not  licensed and I do not provide paid veterinary services for the public.  I , like most  of those who work  for licensed vets as technicians,  am  an  unlicensed  technician  whose care program is supervised by Dr. John Stinson, DVM, Animal Hospital of Wilkes, who voluntarily serves as a reference on this website."

Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2005, 03:17:49 pm »
LOL  I saw that one about not feeding treats and not letting the dog sleep under blankets...  I definitely had a good laugh.   I have never heard of a dog going blind because it sleeps under the covers... but then again I do not know everything...
Well, HELLO, this lady is the expert on Rat Terriers.  According to her, that is.  And, she, uh, certainly seems fond of them...

"While a hybrid Chihuahua is less likely to have issues than the purebred Chihuahua, the best way to be almost 100% positive to get the Chihuahua that you loved instead of the mean little ankle biter that urinates in the floor and chooses to only like one person is to buy a toy Rat Terrier and pretend."

This would be funny if it wasn't sad...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2005, 03:21:43 pm »

Well, HELLO, this lady is the expert on Rat Terriers.  According to her, that is.  And, she, uh, certainly seems fond of them...

"While a hybrid Chihuahua is less likely to have issues than the purebred Chihuahua, the best way to be almost 100% positive to get the Chihuahua that you loved instead of the mean little ankle biter that urinates in the floor and chooses to only like one person is to buy a toy Rat Terrier and pretend."

This would be funny if it wasn't sad...

oh yes she is the expert I never should have doubted her words  ;)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2005, 03:33:55 pm »
Here's another gem!

Because too much consideration is paid to "CUTENESS", the divorce rate may be as high as 80% these days, AND we live in a nation of veterinarians who drive Cadillacs! 

I'm not sure what she's trying to say, but it makes me giggle!

Also, she states that it costs $30,000 per year to run her "facility" and they almost never recoup their costs because they sell their pups for so cheap. BUT if she sells an average of 325 pups per year at her cheapest posted rate of $150.00 each then that's $48,750.00. That's almost $20,000 profit! Pretty good if you ask me! Now, of course the reality of it is that not many pups actually get sold for the low-low price of $150 and it's probably an average of twice that - at least!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2005, 03:37:52 pm »
I'm gonna have to go with Serious Mental Issues.

I wish it was a joke because I'm still laughing about the cataracts under the bedcovers!

Oooh, no - I'm going for the 'cataracts of the eyes' quote. From what I know, you can't actually get cataracts anywhere else. These bunch of condescending know it alls should take their own advice and remember, and I quote "The least intelligent person in the world is the one who thinks he already knows everything and is finished with learning."

I can't believe people fall for that kind of bullshine and buy puppies of such inadequates who are telling you that you're a complete idiot and they should advise you on buying one of their puppies as they are the cheapest and best around. Well, pardon me for being a naive idiot, but I know a puppy farm when I see one.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 03:39:47 pm by Senghe »

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2005, 03:40:52 pm »
AMEN, SISTER!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2005, 03:59:37 pm »
Glad I could make you all upset lol.....

Well joking aside, it is serious, it is sad and it is totally totally NOT acceptable, in any way, shape or form.

Obviously she has absolutely no clue about anything, all the deseases and tests and statistic she is using, is just fancy words, she probably looked up in a dictionary for vets. If you use enough fancy and complicated words, you can sound like you actually know something, but only as long as you talk to to people who has less of a clue than you do.

I would love to hear what they say about limitations. Since I live in NC, where this horrific lab construction of puppies are made. I will call her, be the novise puppy buyer, I dont know what I want I want a puppy for my 3 year old daughter, because it is so good for them to learn to "play" with live critters. Thats stupid enough to make her believe Ill buy whatever bs she wants to feed me.

Ill look into where this is, and see if we can go up there and take a look. It is almost so I wish the puppies that are in the kennel she doesnt want anyone to see or drive up to are misstreated. I would hate for it to be so for the dogs sake, but that would be a way to get to her, it is so much harder if they are actually smart enough to keep it acceptable enough in the eyes of the law. Mind you she sure doesnt sound too smart.

BUT I have a feeling, if this vet in reality exists, he is taking a good % of what she is making to work with her, not vet with any kind of ethical standards or love for animals could possibly be a part of this. Papers can be frauded though, both vaccination certs. pedigrees and other documents. I will see if I can find the vet and see if he really is a person or just a imaginary friend.

My daughter malin saw this last night when i was looking at it, and she got soooo upset, and said "moooommmmyyyyy are you not going to do anything" I said of course I will, but sometimes there is just so much we can do, but the key is to dig and see where she fails to follow the rules, regulations and laws.

Lets take this horrible person down, shall we girls

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2005, 04:08:05 pm »
Let me know if you need anything or want me to look up anything.  I'm happy to help in any way I can.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2005, 04:24:06 pm »
thanks, I will make this my goal, to somehow, sometime get this lady (and I use the word lady very very loosly) out off business. I want it so bad I can taste it. Just to see the pics of what someone accurately said looks like some kind of lab is making me physically ill. I will let you know when I have looked through it all in detail, to see where to start.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2005, 05:18:00 pm »
Take a camera with you and tell her it's 'cause you want to take pix of the different puppies so your daughter can pick which one she likes best.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2005, 05:24:42 pm »
Something else I found:

http://www.myvetonline.com/website/ahwilkes/

The vets are real, and the page lists a phone number to call.  (They are open for an hour and a half more today-hint, hint.)  Maybe we could persuade them to remove their names from the reference list - if she is telling the truth and they even have approved.  Even if they want to support her, perhaps the quote on vaccinations could be used against them?  No responsible vet could advocate that, and if they gave trouble we could threaten to contact the vet board, or whatever it is that certifies vets in that area.

You'd know more about those things I think, Mastiffmommy, since you are in the same state.

Sofia

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2005, 05:28:27 pm »
For the first reference, the vet with the Humane Society, we could contact them (the Humane Society).  Here is their contact page:

http://www.humanesocietyofwilkes.org/Contact.html

I hope that helps.  If there aren't any vet references, this person's credibility goes out the window.

Sofia
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 05:29:50 pm by Good Hope »