Author Topic: Please take a look at this  (Read 13938 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Please take a look at this
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2005, 10:16:10 pm »
Yeah, some news, but it is slow. Hard to get up with people. But I did get up with the person who is in HSUS, Washington working with outreach for companion animals. She took a lot of info. and is going to look into it, she is specialized or maybe I should say the person who is most involved in puppy millers at HSUS. She will call me back when she has taken a look at the website and researched a bit.

I have yet to get hold of AVMA, well not them, but the right person. I got connected to one, and left a message, when she called back, it was not the right person. She gave ma another name, and of course again had to leave a message, I hope he will call back tomorrow, or Ill call agian to see if there is anyone who is actually there I can talk to.

I tried to call and be the "dog buyer" but even though I called several times it was either busy, or no answer. I guess he is busy, it says on the site, that due to the hight demand for holliday pups he can not deliver before jan 2006. So I guess that means he has to keep the place clean at all times this time of year  >:(

Other than that nothing new

Ohhh yeah. The woman I spoke to at HSUS said that it would be most  helpful if I wrote to my legislator, they are trying to pass this bill, that will make millers like him need a license too. As it is now even though he is selling over 300 puppies a year, he does not sell to retail and therefor need no license, he only sells over the internet and to the public direct. So it is a big loop hole for people like him, BUT as we agreed on, on the phone, there is absolutely no reason to why the puppy millers who does not sell to retail should not have to live up to the rules and regulations and give the puppys at least a min. standard (at least on the paper, but we all know that most puppymillers dont give a sh.. about the law)

Anyway, if any of you feel like it, go to HSUS.gov and go to legislation and find the legislator and the bill it is about and write to them, it will help a lot, and impact the result. Not saying we will be able to make the bill happen, but we certainly wont if we dont try. They have a lot of "breeder" "millers" and "brokers" against them, they dont like this bill.

I will keep you all updated as soon as I know anything more.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2005, 09:28:21 am »
Great job, Marit!  Keep us updated on your progress.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2005, 09:33:10 am »
they are trying to pass this bill, that will make millers like him need a license too. As it is now even though he is selling over 300 puppies a year, he does not sell to retail and therefor need no license, he only sells over the internet and to the public direct.>>>

Are you speaking of the PAWS bill?

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2005, 10:46:51 am »
yes Vdog, it is the Pawsbill I am refering to.

Marit

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2005, 12:18:05 pm »

Marit

I was told the PAWS bill was allowed to die before it ever made it to the floor due to non support within the congress??? So there is no truth to that??

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2005, 12:45:34 pm »
OK I may be ignornat but who in theuir right mind vaccinates up to 5 times by 8 weeks of age!  I went half way through this site and I read the word "stupid" "childish" "dumb" in reference to those of us who buy outside of this type of operation.  HIghly insulting but when I reached the page of his "sterile" environment" the cages and cement floors, bleached water, microscopes, I am thinking what the h-ll kind of mad scientist is this?  Appears to be a more expensive puppy mill of the smaller breed.  I quit looking half way through.  I am quite disgusted...
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2005, 02:49:15 pm »

Marit

I was told the PAWS bill was allowed to die before it ever made it to the floor due to non support within the congress??? So there is no truth to that??

No the bill is pending, and this one unlike the one they passed, hmmm 2003 I think it was, has support from both AKC and AVMA, so it is out there. But the more people that is pushing for it, the better. NOW as always there are people for and against, but if you are on the for side, and feel you want to support it. use the hsus.org site.

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2005, 02:54:53 pm »
OK I may be ignornat but who in theuir right mind vaccinates up to 5 times by 8 weeks of age!  I went half way through this site and I read the word "stupid" "childish" "dumb" in reference to those of us who buy outside of this type of operation.  HIghly insulting but when I reached the page of his "sterile" environment" the cages and cement floors, bleached water, microscopes, I am thinking what the h-ll kind of mad scientist is this?  Appears to be a more expensive puppy mill of the smaller breed.  I quit looking half way through.  I am quite disgusted...

yes I know, it is such a rude tone he is using. And I agree, it is not really the usual kind of puppy mill, it is more like a puppy factory in that environment.

It is also amazing HOW dumb he must think people are. When he is refering to paws bill and how that will make ALL the pure bred dogs dissapear and they will all be mixed breeds form shelters. Well haha he is to 90% breeding hybrids, which is a fancy word for mutts. Giving them "breed names" like beaga-poo, ratadoodle and more. So how he thinks his so called breeding is in any way benefitting the pure bred dog I have just no idea.

Marit

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2005, 12:14:09 am »
No the bill is pending, and this one unlike the one they passed, hmmm 2003 I think it was, has support from both AKC and AVMA>>>

Yes, it does have the support of those plus PETA, as did the AWA bill.
However most AKC breed parent  clubs and the UKC are against it and making their voices heard. I think there is alot of wishful thinking that this bill will change the pet wholesale market. Currently the US government is in the worst financial state it has ever been, they simply do not have the man power or money to enforce this bill in the matter it needs to be. Maybe putting it a state level would be better?

JMT