Author Topic: Please take a look at this  (Read 13912 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Please take a look at this
« on: December 12, 2005, 01:33:25 pm »
This is a place in NC, what would you call it? I am sooooo upset right now, it isnt a question about IF the rescue groups will get a big percentage of these dogs, it is a question about HOW MANY?

when you talk about puppy wholesale place, and mention breeds that are total design breeds, and hybrids, it sickens me and it is very obvious why it is such a big problem with millions and millions of dogs put to sleep each and every year and rescue groups who are bursting trying to help as many as possible.

I am sooooo ready to try and figure out how to shut down places like this. the ones that misstreat the dogs, are the easy ones to shut down, the ones that look like labs with fat little puppies and vets and all, well they are the hard ones, but they do as much harm.

http://www.healthypups.com/

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Please take a look at this
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 01:40:27 pm »
OH MY! RED FLAGS ALL OVER THE PLACE!! This looks great on the surface with all the information and the promise of vaccines and health checks, but look at this statement:

We have 20 years experience and have sold more than 6500 puppies with almost no parvo losses.

That's 324 puppies PER YEAR!! That they sell. HOLY MOLEY!! If that's not a puppy mill, I don't know what is!! Can anyone honestly say they can properly care for 325 puppies per year????? Plus the adult dogs it takes to generate those puppies. Let's not forget about that!

Cripes!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 01:41:14 pm »
I agree, Marit.  This kind of thing makes me so upset.  You would think that after seeing so many things like this, that you would start to get immune and hardened to it.  But, that isn't the case.  It just upsets me more and more, and makes me sadder and sadder...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 01:42:56 pm »
OK, now smoke is coming out of my ears!!

"They say that healthy small breed pups suitable for house pets are almost never available for adoption at the shelters, and that there is a serious need for our puppies. Almost all the adoptable shelter pets are large breed mixes that many feel are too large for indoor pets. Hundreds of people take painful rabies shots each  year ($2000.00-$4000.00 each) because of  pets raised, kept, or allowed  outdoors that are sick or possibly exposed to rabid wildlife, yet many are dumb enough to buy those pets!"

LIES!
LIES!
LIES!!

I don't even know where to start....
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 02:05:40 pm »
man...  i can not believe that she wrote 16 pages of this crap... and its not even well written it's just a brain dump of garbage.

"Are you an animal lover who thinks dogs kept in kennels need to be rescued?  What gave you the   idea that pets kept in the home are happier than kennel pets?  How would you like for someone spay/neuter you, never allow you to do love, marriage, and family, and decide where and how you were to live without your consent?  Could it be that your beloved house pet would choose to live in our kennel in a protected and cared for colony with other members of his own kind if you allowed him to choose? "

I don't think a single one of our dogs would choose to live in a kennel verses in the home.... 

This site makes me so mad!    >:(
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 02:27:36 pm »
AAACCCKKK!! I missed that quote! What complete drivel!!! She's also proud of the fact that their pups' feet "never touch the ground until you take them home" because they are born, reared and raised 100% of the time in a CAGE!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 02:35:35 pm »
Yep!  Easy to see that it is a puppy mill - BIG TIME!!!  >:(  Jus look at the photo of her place!  It looks more like a test lab for rats than a puppy kennel.

What's this with the $10,000 on just about every page?

Sofia and Deena

Offline tvsjessica

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 02:38:32 pm »
It's just such a horrible mindset, that animals should be bred to be convenient for people.  It's like they're computers or toys or accessories.  Check this out:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/pet/117797412.html

What happens in one's life that they equate animals with objects?!
Am I the only one that Tivos dog shows and watches them again?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 02:38:51 pm »
Let's go storm her place and set them all free! She keeps saying it's USDA inspected, recommendation s from law enforcement, animal control, blah, blah, blah, but there is a puppy miller here that had that on her website, too. She had the audacity to state that she had been inspected and approved by the local Humane Society and we had NEVER heard of her.

We sent her a certified letter to take that off her website IMMEDIATELY or further action would be taken.

Does the USDA have restrictions on how many dogs can be bred in one year? 325/year is just completely outrageous. Those poor moms must never get a break!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 02:48:50 pm »
Was it your janitor (Humane Society) who thought it looked pretty spiffy after he filled in in a pinch?  (Amazing how someone will take a comment out of context and try to use it to their advantage.)  I'm just kidding about the janitor.

Setting them free might not be the best solution, however.  After all, we don't want to look like PETA!!!  Seriously, Jeanne, if there is something that we as a board can do, let us know.

Deena

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 02:53:51 pm »
More "goodies" from her site:

Please do not drive into the lower drive and take your vehicle to the kennel unless you have someone in your group who is handicapped and unable to walk to the kennel.  Excess vehicle traffic around the kennel can encourage mothers to accidentally step on and injure newborn pups.

Larger Rat Terriers often live well into their 20’s if owners feed them dry food only, no doggie treats of any kind, and not let them sleep under covers so they get cataracts and go blind.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!  WHAT?????

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 02:57:18 pm »
LOL  I saw that one about not feeding treats and not letting the dog sleep under blankets...  I definitely had a good laugh.   I have never heard of a dog going blind because it sleeps under the covers... but then again I do not know everything...
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 02:59:36 pm »
Those are just so stupid they almost are funny!  ::)

What is really maddening are quotes like this:

AII pups receive 5 different vaccines, beginning with Neopar pure parvo at 4 wks, by 8 wks of age. They get ivermectin to prevent demodex mites, intestinal parasites, and scabies mites (which are transmissable to humans- cause rash and severe itching), and marquis anti-protozoal paste to prevent coccidia and giardia (transmissable to humans- causes upset stomach). They also get time of sale microscopic fecal examinations, and are sold with a written health  warranty. Because 90% of pups are raised by people with no vet tech skills in unsterilizable (home, backyard, barn) environments and NOT VACCINATED THE WAY WE DO IT, almost all small pups have an improperly developed immune system that will allow them to get sick should an insect land on their nose carrying a virus from next door.

You start thinking: "And this lady says she is a vet tech?!"  >:(  It is her pups who will have improperly developed immune systems from too many vaccines and little natural exposure to viruses and bacteria.

Sofia

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 03:04:12 pm »
I wrote to the USDA to find out what their requirements are for licensing, if there's a litter limit, and if there is anything that would cause a license to be revoked.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 03:04:59 pm »
I missed the part about the insect landing on their nose! That's a riot! I did see that they were vaccinated 5 TIMES by 8 weeks of age. Poor pups! They must be part pincushion by the time they go home with someone!!