Author Topic: My Grandmother...  (Read 4090 times)

Offline GiantSHY

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
My Grandmother...
« on: December 13, 2005, 01:44:44 am »
I'm pretty new to the forum...so most of you don't know me...but my Grandmother died today.  She was a beautiful person and I will miss her.  I was not able to be there with her but all of her children were there and she went very peacefully.  She had been in the hospital for about a month wearing a mask that forced air into her lungs. She had also lost her vision due to Macular Degeneration.  I know she is in a better place now and she can breathe freely and can see clearly for the first time in a long time.  I'm sorry I'm bringing a damper to the group...but I needed a little space to get some feelings out...and maybe get some warm fuzzies from the group.
Lauren, Shy (Giant Schnauzer), Micah (Lab Mix), Simon and Sprite (Rat Terriers)

DakotaMom

Re: My Grandmother...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 01:48:41 am »
I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. It is so hard for the ones left behind. Be kind to yourself.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 01:56:22 am »
I am so sorry... my grandmother is 95 years young and will be 96 in a month. Each day is gift to still have her around. She's still sharp as a tack. Her knees and back hurt and her heart is wearing out, so I know I'll be saying goodbye not too far down the road too.

You know those memories you have of her will keep her alive. You should make a little journal of them, put together a photo album, and share them with others. We'd all love to hear stories about her whenever you want to tell them.

Deena

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 02:07:37 am »
I am sorry for your loss! :'(
I am kind of a big deal!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 03:54:25 am »
I lost my grandmother one year ago this past Oct...She followed my grandfather by almost 10 yrs. to the day...I spent all my young summers running free on their farm...I will never in life see a Holstein or a Border Collie & not remember Gram & Gramps with warmth & love...My grandma also had serious vision problems & the day she passed I knew she could see clearly once again...& for the first time in a little over 10 yrs. she was with Grandpa again & whole...I hear you...may you find the peace in the memories that I've found...Welcom e to our little family. :)

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 04:49:15 am »
Sending hugs your way.
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 03:56:05 pm »
I'm so sorry about your loss!  I'd like to think she was greeted with love and hugs from all of those who have gone before her.  I'm sure this will be a tough Christmas for your family so please accept my condolences! :-[

Offline 3snotenough

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Rhonda's Newfies
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 04:32:50 pm »
I am so very sorry for your loss. Those tears will turn ro smiles eventually when you think of her. I am going to be losing my father in law any day now so I will be going thru the same thing. I feel for you, take care.

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 05:01:28 pm »
I am so sorry for your loss.  It is hard when they leave us. We will never forget what they brought to our lives.
Sending huge warm huga your way.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 05:33:29 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 05:45:09 pm »
Lauren, I am sorry to hear of your loss. Words fail me in times like this, but I will keep you in my thoughts
RIP former BPO

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 07:10:38 pm »
I'm sorry for you loss...our deepest condolences to you and your family. We will kepp you in our thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 07:14:02 pm »
I lost my grandfather and my great-grandmother this year. I regret that many valuable stories and memories were buried with them, but I rejoice in all the time I was able to spend and all I learned from them. I am sorry for your loss and you have come to the right place for warm fuzzies. May her memory and the love you shared keep you warm and bring a smile to your celebrations this Christmas.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GiantSHY

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 11:38:56 am »
Thanks you for your thoughts and stories.  The funeral is tomorrow and It will be hard but will provide closure.  I'm still sad, but I know she's in a much better place.
Lauren, Shy (Giant Schnauzer), Micah (Lab Mix), Simon and Sprite (Rat Terriers)