Author Topic: Update on Shadow  (Read 11108 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Update on Shadow
« on: December 14, 2005, 09:37:21 pm »
Update on Shadow.  She is doing very well, her UTI seems to be resolving, I had her kidney function checked today just ot be sure the dehydration did not do any damage and she came out with normal results.  Had her shots, and Andy (our vet) checked her neck again.  His partner had looked her over MOnday.  Andy decided we should shave her neck just to get a good look.  What felt like internal swelling was just that but she also has a noose around her neck where the snare sliced through the skin!  so bacitracin until healed, Cali had her rabies today and ears checked she has ear mites!  I said how the heck did she get that!  Question was "do you have cats?"  well yes my daughter has 3 lovely felines.  Andy just looked at me then he kinda coughed and said "how many dogs?"  well, five now.  Well we should treat all 3 cats and all 5 dogs.  He gave me the shots, and the next round for 2 weeks later, and after all the work up on Shadow I promised him my next born child, my kidneys when I die and my gratitude!  LOL!!!!!  That was a HEFTY bill!  yeow!  But everyone will be just fine.  He showed us the ear mites with this cool microscopic machine he put in Cali's ear, all I can say it gives me the shivers thinking of ANYTHING crawling in my ear, hhhmmmm mabye I need mine checked as well~!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Shadow
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 09:40:34 pm »
EWWWW!  Ear mites.  But YEA!  for Shadow!!  Did I miss what happened with the authorities 'visited' your neighbors?

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 09:41:09 pm »
Shana...thank goodness we decided to get the "family" together after the holidays!  We didn't need two more sets of ears full of creepy crawlers....th ey are really ugly, aren't they???!!!!

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 09:44:44 pm »
Yea Shadow!   My whole family heard about the Shadow miracle.
I'm glad to her she is on the mend.   That pic of her hugging your son is priceless.

Ear mites, huh?   
Think I'll go clean Daisy's ears now.

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 09:55:12 pm »
They are "Watching" them APPARENTLY.  I am watching closer I bet.  It is a situation of one must call and bug the h*ll out of them to get anything done.  I am still on top of it and spreading the word.  Here is a picture of the underside of Shadow's neck.  The slice goes all the way around.  And to lighten up the mood...A few puppies playing together!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 09:57:45 pm »
Mary,  LOL!!!  I read your post on your boy nipping your hind end, My first thought was "don't you know only your honey should be doing that!"  Second thought was lemon juice trick works well to nip that in the bud! 
Storm Jameson

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 09:58:02 pm »
What absolutely adoreable babies!!!!  Wow, was shadow ever lucky.  Unbelieveable.  Poor puppy waiting that whole thing out...wow!!  Feeling that on her neck like that.  Smart girl!!!!!

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 10:02:58 pm »
That littlest one, Ginger is QUITE THE CHARACTER.  She is a little spit fire.  I cannot believe Shadow made it, in fact Andy was not in when his partner looked her over, and thought it waso ne of the larger dogs.  He could not believe a pup would make it either.  We always knew she was one smart and very special girl......
Storm Jameson

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 10:03:31 pm »
Oh...poor Shadow's neck.   
The pics of the pups together melt my heart. 
They are so cute together.
Do they like each other? 
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 10:30:33 pm »
I'm so glad Shadow is doing great knowing what she's been through. You're littlest furbabies are so cute!!!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 12:39:12 am »
I'm so glad Shadow's doing ok!! Tough little gal

Hehe, it's cool, cause Cooper and Shadow are kind of growing up "together"   ;D
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 02:41:41 am »

Shana....I don't know if I have the heart to do the lemon juice thing.  What I do if he gets to carried away is just grab him by the side of the head and do a face to face with him and say "NO BITE"....then he realizes he pushed to hard and stops.  I know that this will eventually pass...but, I guess I have to admit it is rather endearing!  He has such a silly look on his face when he does it!!  I think you know that look!! He is still mouthing me, too.  Dan says I spoil him rotten...I admit I do, but how can one help but do that.  He performs well for me at obedience training and in the field.  I think the interaction that goes on between Mike and I is the best medicine I could ever have and he has a great deal to do with me staying healthy!!  So...spoiling him? Yes, but why not.

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 07:28:15 am »
I have a confession to make... I tried the squirty bottle, the NO! and all sorts of other techniques to stop Flynn mouthing. He was getting really bad and pushing it. He'd grab my hand, squeeze it with his teeth and yip, looking at me as if to say "does that hurt?". It finally stopped when one day I'd had enough, so I grabbed his cheeks (the ones on his face I may add!) and bit him on the top of the muzzle till he sqeaked.

I only did it the once and he's never mouthed me since.  ;D

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 12:10:28 pm »
LOL!  Each of us does what works that is for certain!  I am so gald he turned out to be an excellent companion and friend for you Mary!  It also speaks volumes to the training nad dedication you show to him!   ;D
Storm Jameson

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 02:25:01 pm »
Your Aidan and Beauty just makes the bestest babies in the world!!!!!!!