Author Topic: The "monster" returns  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
The "monster" returns
« on: December 15, 2005, 04:00:21 am »
After being away for almost 9 months, the "monster" returned to visit our dear Tenchi tonight.  He's resting at the moment and I'll be up with him for the rest of the night.  Just keeping our fingers crossed that Tenchi's "monster" doesn't do its normal, once a day for 3 days visit.  Maybe we'll get lucky with just a one time thing for 9 + more months.

For anyone unfamiliar, "monster" is a slang for seizure.  Tenchi has occasional grand mals, luckily they are far enough apart that they don't require medication.  The poor guy smashed his face & leg into the wall in the time it took me to jump up and run across the room.  I iced it, so hopefully it won't be hurting him too badly tomorrow.  He's in his confused state right now, so I'm sure that we'll be going for lots of starlit walks tonight.  Luckily they seem to help calm him down.

BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
Re: The "monster" returns
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 05:03:33 am »
Poor Tenchi. 
My friend's dog has seizures too.  Luckily they are mostly controlled by meds.
Fuggles also has to walk and walk after her seizures.  She is confused and almost blind afterward.   
I hope Tenchi's monster leaves very soon.

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:54:57 am »
Poor Tenchi! I hope he's feeling better now and won't see a monster for a long time.

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 11:01:16 am »
Honey, I'm so sorry I had to get of the IM last night, I was literally falling asleep as I got ready for bed!!  How's Tenchi today?  I've been worried about him since you told me!!!  Give him big hugs from me!!!   :-*

Andi

Blair

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 11:03:58 am »
Mon I am really sorry to read this  :'( How is he doing, how are you doing? Give him a hug for all of us here! Ill keep him in my prayers! Grey and Zeus sends him extra special slobbers. (((hugs))) to you and Tenchi

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 11:28:26 am »
Wendy,
Yeah Tenchi sometimes comes out of them blind too.  Or like last night he doesn't know who I am for a little while or sometimes he can have trouble with his legs.  He went to sleep quicker than he usually does after them, so that was good.  I was just sad because I was thinking he might not have anymore because it's been 9 months.  Poor guy.

Tina,
Yes that's the longest he's been, so I had kind of hoped that we had kicked its butt for good.  But I can handle them being this far apart if we have to deal with them at all.

April,
Thanks hun.  Same here.

Andi,
Dont' apologise hun.  :)  I thank you for being there right after it happened.  It helped unstress me right when I especially needed.

Blair,
Tenchi's doing ok now, he's passed out and sleeping pretty hard.  I'm ok, just really wiped out. Luckily the kids got a snow day due to that ice/snow storm that is coming through.

Thanks to everyone for the hugs, thoughts and prayers.  They're much appreciated!

~moni

PS  added***

Holly,
Thanks hun, we're hoping so too.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 11:30:01 am by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 11:36:30 am »
Honey ......  :'(
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 03:43:09 pm »
My fingers are crossed (and it's NOT easy to type this way!! :P) that Tenchi is done with the monster now!  No more, Tenchi!!!!  It's too scary for all of us!!!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 03:47:30 pm »
Awww, poor Tenchi!  I'm so sorry to hear about this.  We're sending good thoughts and prayers...I hope he's feeling better soon.

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 08:38:54 pm »
Poor fellow... fingers and paws are crossed that that will be the only one and he's feeling better!
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)