Author Topic: Yuck Frozen Poop Eater!  (Read 6540 times)

Kiahpyr

Yuck Frozen Poop Eater!
« on: December 15, 2005, 11:02:17 am »
I'm so grossed out! I saw Kiah chewing on something outside this morning. I thought oh great what did she get into or dig up now. I went outside onlt to find her chewing on frozed poop. YUCK!!!! I tried to get her to drop it and she takes off running. I was so mad. I finally caught her and got her to drop it for a treat. I guess it's kind of my fault because I haven't been cleaning it up. It's been too cold. I'm going to brave the cold and clean the yard. ICK!!!

lins_saving_grace

Re: Yuck Frozen Poop Eater!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 11:04:25 am »
I hate pooper scoopin' too!  this time of year it's easier and less...well smeary...but it's cold and blowy.  I should get out and do it soon anyway. .
Kiah...poop is for rabbits...sill y pup! 

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 11:06:05 am »
OMG!!!!  I'm sorry but that title cracked me up!  Has she ever done this before?  My dogs won't eat dog poop, but they will NEVER pass up a cat "appetizer".   Maybe it was a one time thing, but I wouldn't go gettin' kisses from her for awhile. ;)

Andi

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 11:07:42 am »
Cat poop seems to be the best!

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 11:09:33 am »
Oh Kiah. Thats yucky :-X
Hopefully it will be a one time thing.  :P

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 11:40:12 am »
She did want to give me kisses when she came in. Yucky! I wouldn't let her and she gave me those puppy dog eyes. I gave her a big hug instead. I'm not sure if she's done this before or not. This is the first time I caught her. She sure taught me a lesson in keeping poop picked up.

Lyn

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 11:40:15 am »
Bubba has been eating frozen poop too. And it's giving him some nasty runny poops. YUCK Good thing he likes Pepto. lol

I tried to shovel it all up but it's frozen to the ground and buried in snow/ice. I'm going to have to wait until the snow disappears.. if it does. By the looks of it, it's here to stay now until spring.  :(

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 11:51:29 am »
Well, the good news is that frozen poop is a lot more pleasant to pick up than fresh poop. ;)
Mokey has been enjoying poopsicles lately too. I bought this stuff called S.E.P. (stop eating poop) and I am not sure it has had any affect on her at all. She's a poo-eater through and through. It's awful. I am hoping she grows out of it. Luckily I have a small side-yard where Mokey goes out and the other guys go in the huge back yard, so I obsessively pick up poo in the side yard. But if I miss one Mokey finds it.

It's just the grossest problem I have ever had since I got my first dog! I feel your pain, Tajsa!!!

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 12:16:40 pm »
ah yes....the frozen poopsicle.   ugh!   Jilly seems to have outgrown it but Daisy thinks it's awesome.   Bluck!!!
When it gets stuck in her teeth (double bluck) I find throwing her snowballs to crunch helps clean the goo out.   
Celery helps too.

Good news is the vet says although it's gross (triple bluck) it's perfectly harmless.

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 02:17:09 pm »
ugh.  Jack's potty area is all cement.  If I don't pick up quick it freezes.  I had to chisel it off yesterday.  Extemely nasty. 

I don't know, maybe it looked like a fudge sickle to Kiah.

Oh, how's her leg?  You mentioned in chat last night that she looked like she was limping.  Did you find out the cause?

Tina

Her leg is back to normal today. No limping! I think it was just sore from playing with the dogs at playgroup. I haven't taken her in a month or so. Thanks for asking Tina!

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 02:21:50 pm »
Ya, my little scottie is a pooper, too.  I remember asking the vet about it thinking there was something missing in her diet...no such luck!  He said "where do you think they got the saying "shit eating grin" from?"  I tried that product but to no avail.  She had gotten out of the habit when my other scottie died and there was no other dog here.  She didn't seem to do it when we got Mike.  But, she just started doing it again and getting very sick at night.  Dan and I were just talking about it.  She seem to start doing it again when we switched to Nutro Natural Choice.  Must be the nice firm stools that mikey produces.  I just hope Mike doesn't start doing it.  It is soooooooo gross.  I just try to keep the area clean all the time.  I sometimes wonder about lying in wait with a super shooter squirt gun and see what happens.....bu t, by now I would be shooting icicles!!!

k2campbell

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 03:23:02 pm »
A - YA - Kate's a poop-eater too (frozen or not)!!!  EWE!!!  Grosses me out everytime...  ::)

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 06:00:10 pm »
Kiya makes me nuts out of my mind. I follow them around with the shovel & catch it as it hits the ground. Now I have to keep the bag out of her reach!
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 06:59:32 pm »
Finally!!!  A reason to not to want to live in the snow!   and I was so jealous of everybody's great snow pictures!   I never thought about poopsicles!  I have the visual and it's NOT pretty!  YUCKERS!!!

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2005, 02:14:07 am »
I was going to have a midnight snack, until I read this thread. For some reason, I'm not hungry now!