Author Topic: Another Pyr in need.  (Read 12632 times)

Kiahpyr

Re: Another Pyr in need.
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2005, 07:29:46 pm »
He's so cute!!!! Did he give you his paw? That's a total pyr thing.

cricket36580

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2005, 08:36:34 pm »
Yes, he does.  He knows his commands - or at least the ones we've asked of him. 

I swear this is my last post for the night...on this subject at least.  Wow - what a whirlwind of an afternoon!  Dh went and got baby shampoo and he's had his bath.  DIdn't want to do it but he was a trooper.  It was obvious that the warm water on his bottom felt really good.  If ya'll have a groomer and one of these hairy beasts, please do me a favor - Go kiss them!!!  I have washed and brushed until I'm afraid that I'm going to hurt him.  He still stinks but it's a little less and thus is bearable.  Baths may be a nightly thing around here for a while...  :D He's now officially a big puff ball with only a little discoloration left (from his constant licking).  I may have to shave his bottom and belly cause I think he's peeing on himself.  As tired as he is and after standing in the slippery tub, it's obvious to me he's got a few bone/joint issues.  It's either a patella, vertabrea, or his hips.  He's going to the chiropractor as soon as possible...  Well, then it was time for everyone to out and potty...you should have seen the look he gave me.  Like "PLEASE don't make me stay out...I saw that couch and I haven't gotten to try it out yet".  I swear!  And then when it was time to come in, he RAN to the door!  With a big grin on his face.  It breaks my heart. 
  BTW...dh, who likes to growl like a bear, and who wasn't the most enthused about this venture, almost missed pool because he wanted to see the final result of grooming.  And the whole time hollering about stupid people dumping dogs that are old and how could they? and they should be the ones in doggy prison...and how that was just wrong! and doesn't he look SOOOO much better already? Well, you get the picture.   ;D I'm almost in tears writing this. 
  Anyway, he's settled into the softest place he can get onto which is the dog bed...Foster's bed btw.  It'll be interesting come bedtime! 

He's been great with the kids.  He took off down the road going from the pen to the yard so he's not allowed without a leash.  He's never seen a chicken and I thought he was going to swallow a tongue when the roo went after one of the hens.  He thinks the goats are wonderful possible toys.  And he's exhausted!  He'll probably sleep for days!

Guys, I really appreciate ya'll putting up with me on this.  Times are really tough right now and while this isn't something that I probably should do...it was something I had to do.  And this is the first time that I've had the chance to "give back" so I'm VERY excited.  Again, thank you for your forebearance.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2005, 09:09:13 pm »
I am in tears  :'( happy tears reading your post.  Just look at his eyes in the photo you took and his eyes in the shelter photo.  That should  make your heart fell as big as the moon.  All I can do is sit here and cry, I am so very happy for him.  Please please post as much as you can.  I want to know every cute, sweet, and crazy thing he does.  This is the turn meaning of Christmas, giving love! 

Lisa

Yes, he does.  He knows his commands - or at least the ones we've asked of him. 

I swear this is my last post for the night...on this subject at least.  Wow - what a whirlwind of an afternoon!  Dh went and got baby shampoo and he's had his bath.  DIdn't want to do it but he was a trooper.  It was obvious that the warm water on his bottom felt really good.  If ya'll have a groomer and one of these hairy beasts, please do me a favor - Go kiss them!!!  I have washed and brushed until I'm afraid that I'm going to hurt him.  He still stinks but it's a little less and thus is bearable.  Baths may be a nightly thing around here for a while...  :D He's now officially a big puff ball with only a little discoloration left (from his constant licking).  I may have to shave his bottom and belly cause I think he's peeing on himself.  As tired as he is and after standing in the slippery tub, it's obvious to me he's got a few bone/joint issues.  It's either a patella, vertabrea, or his hips.  He's going to the chiropractor as soon as possible...  Well, then it was time for everyone to out and potty...you should have seen the look he gave me.  Like "PLEASE don't make me stay out...I saw that couch and I haven't gotten to try it out yet".  I swear!  And then when it was time to come in, he RAN to the door!  With a big grin on his face.  It breaks my heart. 
  BTW...dh, who likes to growl like a bear, and who wasn't the most enthused about this venture, almost missed pool because he wanted to see the final result of grooming.  And the whole time hollering about stupid people dumping dogs that are old and how could they? and they should be the ones in doggy prison...and how that was just wrong! and doesn't he look SOOOO much better already? Well, you get the picture.   ;D I'm almost in tears writing this. 
  Anyway, he's settled into the softest place he can get onto which is the dog bed...Foster's bed btw.  It'll be interesting come bedtime! 

He's been great with the kids.  He took off down the road going from the pen to the yard so he's not allowed without a leash.  He's never seen a chicken and I thought he was going to swallow a tongue when the roo went after one of the hens.  He thinks the goats are wonderful possible toys.  And he's exhausted!  He'll probably sleep for days!

Guys, I really appreciate ya'll putting up with me on this.  Times are really tough right now and while this isn't something that I probably should do...it was something I had to do.  And this is the first time that I've had the chance to "give back" so I'm VERY excited.  Again, thank you for your forebearance.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2005, 09:41:45 pm »
I am in tears  :'( happy tears reading your post.  Just look at his eyes in the photo you took and his eyes in the shelter photo.  That should  make your heart fell as big as the moon.  All I can do is sit here and cry, I am so very happy for him.  Please please post as much as you can.  I want to know every cute, sweet, and crazy thing he does.  This is the turn meaning of Christmas, giving love! 

Lisa

I totally agree with you Lisa!! That poor guy. I'm so happy he has comfortable place to be for Christmas. I want to hear every detail too.

Edited to add: Cricket you're an Angel!!!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 09:42:24 pm by Tajsa »

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2005, 10:34:00 pm »
I am so glad to hear that things are going so well and he is happy.  Hopefully the joint issues will be minor.  Thank you Cricket and DixieSugarBear!
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2005, 10:35:36 am »
Did you get any sleep cricket? I hope sweet boy had a good night.

cricket36580

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2005, 12:26:14 pm »
I just came in here to give the daily digest...lol  Yes, thank you, we had a very good night.  Did the standard 3am thing and again at 6 but everyone settled right on in.  Baloo decided that since daddy was at pool, he could have the other 3/4 of the bed and I didn't have the heart to tell him no.  However, when daddy came in, he got right down and settled on HIS side of the bed!  Little traitor!  lol  They all played together this am...kind of looked like an Oreo in a blender!  ;D  No kidding!  Then we had our first fight...Bella discovered that Baloo had buried her bones and wasn't happy about it...then Baloo discovered Bella was uncovering them.  Well, no one got hurt as they weren't in it for blood and Bella decided the outside bones can be his but he has to leave the other ones alone.  ::) Baloo got groomed again this morning...and again I say Please kiss your groomer!  I now have several extra "dogs" in the trash cans... :o

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2005, 12:42:58 pm »
This is wonderful!  I'm so glad that you could give this old guy a wonderful home!  He looks so happy! :)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2005, 09:15:09 am »
I am so glad you have him. Are you taking him into the vet for a work up? He is so handsome. Keep posting these daily updates!

cricket36580

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2005, 10:17:01 am »
Not much to report today.  Yesterday was very stressful for me as I was attempting to do too many things in too short of a time frame.  Dh had the dogs and said that Baloo just hung out all day.  I'm hoping he's just resting after the ordeal at the pound.  He's not depressed or upset or anything...jus t sleeping A LOT.  This morning  he really didn't want to go out and I had to make him so he could potty. 

Y'all know this dog is supposed to be going to his real foster home next week...weeeell llll....we'll see about that.  Dh is on the computer with one hand on Baloo's head and the other on the mouse.  Baloo has decided that dh hung the moon and the stars.  Can you believe that???  I'm chuckling to myself but am trying to be..well...pru dent if nothing else.Of course I lost it a long time ago for this dog... ;D 

The only issue that we're having is the sleeping arrangements.  Baloo has taken over Foster's spot at night and has Fos pretty upset.  I had to rearrange everything last night so Fos could be right next to me and settle down.  Some time during the night they played musical beds and Baloo ended up next to dh and Fos next to me.  Bella, of course, isn't about to move out of her corner... ;)  She is, after all, the queen!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2005, 11:05:44 am »
Sounds like another good night for the fur-babies.  I am so happy that Bella and Baloo are making nice.  I love the morning reports.  I hope you gave him a hug from me last night, ok so I know you gave him a ton of hugs but tell him one if from Aunt Lisa.  Did he like the chicken jerky?

Lisa

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2005, 01:14:40 pm »
Sounds like he's found a happy place to stay for the holidays... this has been such a great story from start to finish.  Please let me know *if* I can assist with transport next week - provided transport is needed  ;) .
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2005, 01:32:29 pm »
This whole story and my great BPO pals have made this a very special Christmas.  I will give you a call next week.  I did ask that the shelter give me a call if they get in any of our BPO type dogs.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2005, 01:35:55 pm »
Even with the knee issues I have going on I can't believe I missed this thread!!!...I have been pretty bummed lately & this thread has brought back soem of my Christmas spirit!!!...Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2005, 01:39:53 pm »
I know I was like the song "where are you Christmas" until this got started.  Now I am back to my total Christmas spirit self.  That is after a good  happy cry when cricket posted the first photos of him in her home.  Just look at those eyes they are filled with joy and hope, unlike the photo from the shelter. My hubby said there is just no life in his eyes at the shelter and life and hope in the other photo.  Just goes to show what a little TLC can do.

Lisa

Even with the knee issues I have going on I can't believe I missed this thread!!!...I have been pretty bummed lately & this thread has brought back soem of my Christmas spirit!!!...Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D