Author Topic: Another Pyr in need.  (Read 12629 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Another Pyr in need.
« on: December 15, 2005, 11:17:14 pm »
cricket36580 and I are working on helping out this big boy who needs a home.  He was put in the drop box at the Summersdale, Al. shelter.  He is around 7-8 years with some broken teeth and skin issues.  I have e-mail Fl. pry rescue.  I hope to be able to go see him on Saturday or if not then the first of next week.  If anyone in the area knows of someone that may be able to offer him a forever home let me know. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Kiahpyr

Re: Another Pyr in need.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 11:25:08 pm »
Poor guy! He sure is cute!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 11:27:33 pm »
I know his face looks like "please love me".  It looks as if he has had a very hard life.

Lisa
ohmigosh! Why would someone give up a beautiful dog like that!

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 11:28:18 pm »
and @ 7-8???  Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!! I hate that .. gave his whole life to someone , and they don't even have the decency to drop him off with some information about him.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 11:59:34 pm »
All they know is that he was put in the box overnight, has a few broken teeth and a skin rash.  No tags or anything,  the poor boy does not even have a name. 

Lisa
and @ 7-8???  Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!! I hate that .. gave his whole life to someone , and they don't even have the decency to drop him off with some information about him.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 12:01:20 am »
Oh no.  He looks so sweet too.  I hope he finds a wonderful home really soon.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 12:01:50 am »
That is so sad. :(

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 12:08:22 am »
I know, for some reason I keep thinking of him as "Saint Nick" and call him Nicky.

That is so sad. :(

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 12:20:40 am »
Sounds to me like he now has a name.

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 03:06:12 am »
ok - I responded to the other post before I saw this one.  I'll put the word out to everyone I know.  Hopefully we can find the poor guy a home.  I just don't understand how someone can canhave a pup for 7+ years and then dump him in the overnight drop.  GRRRRRR.....
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 01:52:54 pm »
You guys are great, so much is being done for this boy.  "cricket" is at the shelter playing with him.  She thinks he is just great and doing just what a pyr does.  We have tons of e-mail out looking for him a great home.  We also have approval for him to be taken in by the Great Pyrenees Club of Americia Rescue. 

Kiahpyr

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 03:37:55 pm »
That's wonderful! I'm sure he'll find a forever home soon!

cricket36580

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 05:13:23 pm »
Just got home from a morning of running errands and, of course, going to the shelter.  You guys don't know how close I came to just whisking him out of there today.  He was WONDERFUL in the yard and has been socialized with other dogs.  Man, I really wanted to but I had a cab full of goat and chicken feed...and I have a sick chicken so I knew I would have to spend time with Phyllis(the chicken).  Anyway, he's not in immediate danger but they would like to get him out of there as fast as possible.  So, Dixie and I are going to work on the immediate future and then try to arrange transport to Tampa if I can't find a home for him here.  Shhh...don't tell anyone but I may have found a home today....I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Now for the downside.  He's going to need "special" care for his skin.  he's pretty close to having a staph infection but I really think the irritation is food related.  Of course, he desperately needs grooming which might take care of some of the problems.  He's older, as ya'll know, and is missing some teeth.  And, that's all.  :) 

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 05:29:41 pm »
ok, I am so doing the happy dance.  I will be on the phone as soon as they open back up on Monday.  Now this boy having a home for Christmas is the best gift in the world. I really was not feeling the Christmas spirit as much as I do most years, that is until now.  So my Christmas wish is that as many Big Paws as possible have a home on Christmas Day with a loving family. 

Cricket, hope the chicken get to feeling better.  It made my day knowing he had someone to love on him a little.

Lisa

Dixie and I are going to work on the immediate future and then try to arrange transport to Tampa if I can't find a home for him here.  Shhh...don't tell anyone but I may have found a home today....I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

cricket36580

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 12:50:32 pm »
Update:  He's getting out of jail today!!!!  Rescue is sending over the paperwork and I'm picking him up this afternoon.  I was going to be smart and not say anything until after the deed was done but...well, I've spent 2 sleepless nights over this animal and my gut is saying that he needs out NOW!  Ok, so maybe I'm being a little romantic and doing the rescue on a white charger with my armour all shiney...I can't help it.  The phone lines have been going nuts over this guy and I just can't stand it anymore.  Please keep your fingers crossed for us.  Bella is SO alpha with other dogs - comes from being "littermates" to a pit.  I am just hoping against hope that they can all get along - at least for a week.  He does have a foster home in Clearwater but the lady is going to be gone this week and is not available until next week after x-mas.  She's a groomer and vet tech so is going to be able to properly take care of him.  Keep your fingers crossed!!!