Author Topic: Another Pyr in need.  (Read 12536 times)

Kiahpyr

Re: Another Pyr in need.
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2005, 07:54:03 pm »
This story makes me so happy!!!! Have I told you you're an Angel!!! A christmas angel!! I can't wait to see more pictures. He's so adorable and wise in his old age. You can see it in his eyes.

cricket36580

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2005, 11:02:20 pm »
Hey guys...Night 3...  Well, let's see.  He hasn't been "worrying" his tail since I've brought him home.  In fact, he hasn 't licked at all.  he's due for another bath tomorrow and I think the rest of the "ick" will come out.  His skin is a pretty pink instead of the imflammed, angry red that it was, so I think this condition was stress induced. 
  We had another "diva" issue tonight.  Bella was very offended that Baloo walked into the bedroom in front of her!  Holy cow!  You would've thought Baloo just took her bestest toy!  Anyway, Baloo stood up to her and put her in her place and it was over very quickly.  Both dh and I were very shocked but thankful they are feeling comfortable enough to establish territory. 
  He hasn't eaten much.  Just lying around and sleeping.  Yesterday his nose was dry and very warm...today it's wet and cold and he's perkier.  His Aunt Lisa sent them some jerky and I (btw, thanks alot...I'll send you the hospital bills...lol)  got mobbed for them.  They now have a new favorite treat that they ALL like.  I'm going to have to keep them in the attic, I think, because that's the only place they can't reach.  Baloo will shake for treats too! 
  He doesn't, or hasn't, drooled except for when he first came. I need to remember to put drool rags everywhere but so far I haven't really needed them.
  He's decided that dh hung the moon.   Dh has to take him out and Baloo will follow him around everywhere.  It's just the most adorable thing I've seen in ages....Transl ation...I'm holding my breath on this dog going ANYWHERE.   ;D 
  Well, I know this was a little disjointed and rambling.  I'm exhausted and I've had a couple so I'm going to go away for the time being.  Thanks, guys, for the ego strokes.  I promise I'm not an angel...I'm not even nice most of the time.  It was just something I had to do...However, it feels good to come here and have all ya'll saying that I am.  ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2005, 01:37:12 am »
Come on you know you are, just ask Baloo.  He knows your his "wish list" come true.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2006, 10:45:50 am »
So how is it going lately?  This fella and his story have captivated me so I'm wondering how it is working out.  Has he found his new forever home?
Daphne

cricket36580

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2006, 01:35:35 pm »
Well, let's see...how can I put this?  You can pry Baloo out of dh's cold, dead fingers...   ;D  He's pretty much healed up from the hematoma and now whenever he wants sympathy, he'll walk around with his head cocked to the side.   ::)  He's such a little lier!  I have to get him back into the chiropractor sometime in the next couple of days.  I've been icing him and giving him gloucosimine so a lot of the edema has dissipated. 

He now has a new hobby....steal ing everyone else's beds!  And if you walk by him, he'll growl.  Not being aggressive, just talking to you.  Everytime he does it, I have to stop and "bother" him so I know he's not a threat.  It's settling down some too.  He and Bella have made peace for the most part.  Oh, he has also decided he is the "keeper of the doors"....and lays across them so you have to kill yourself to get into a room...and growls at Bella and Fos when they try to go through.  Im correcting him and he's not liking the idea at all.  He'll sulk for a couple of hours and then do it again.  I just have to laugh at him.  He's so funny.  It's wonderful watching him unfold his personality. 

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2006, 05:24:17 pm »
Well, let's see...how can I put this?  You can pry Baloo out of dh's cold, dead fingers...   ;D 

Oh, he has also decided he is the "keeper of the doors"....and lays across them so you have to kill yourself to get into a room...

Ooooohhhhhh!  That's great!  Glad to hear that DH has gotten the right priorities ;) 

As for the doors, that is SUCH a Pyr trait!  They want to be sure they don't miss anything coming or going.  I miss my big dust mop across the door.
Daphne