Author Topic: Our Vet visit  (Read 2459 times)

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Our Vet visit
« on: December 16, 2005, 08:04:13 pm »
Hey everyone. I took Brody and Pita to the vet yesterday for shots. Brody weighs 64.3 lbs at 7 months old. Pita weighs 12.7 lbs at 8 weeks old. She weighs 1.7 lbs more than my daughter who is the exact same age. lol The vet said they look great. I was shocked at how well behaved Brody was because we've had a problem with her freaking out around strangers because of her past. The only time she threw a fit was when they went to weigh her and honestly I don't blame her I don't like getting on the scale either.  ::) Well just thought I would post that. Its always cool to know exactly how much they weigh.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Our Vet visit
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 08:05:43 pm »
I always throw a fit on the scale too...that's why I refuse to get on one ;D!  Great news from the vet!  How fun to watch your daughter and puppy grow up together!  Great memories!  I hope you are getting lots of pictures!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 09:01:46 pm »
Ahhhh how cool to have two kiddos with the same weight, I have a hunch though that your four legged kid will outweigh the twolegged one by for more in just a couple of weeks  :D

AND I agree, gosh I refuse to aknowledge the fact that we even have scales in the house. I pretend they are not working  ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 12:19:35 am »
I don't have a scale anymore.  lol  My husband was about to pick one up at the store the other day and I just looked at him and said "Don't you dare!"

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 10:14:52 am »
LOL we dont have a scale in our house either. Although I was pretty excited about getting on the scale while I was pregnant because I ended up LOSING a total of 35 lbs during my pregnancy. I completely changed my diet and ended up losing. I was concerned about it until my doctor made the comment "don't worry about it you were pretty fat before so the baby is using the fat you already had" She could have at least worded it a little nicer. LOL
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 11:33:03 am »
I hadn't weighed myself in YEARS!  I thought I looked pretty good, everyone else told me I looked good, ect.  Well when I had my accident they weighed me and I about pooped myself.  Then the Dr. tells me I'm Obese and I have to lose 50 pounds!  This is after I lost my whopping 6 pounds after having my jaw wired shut for 2 weeks.  I decided then and there to never pay attention to scales.

ie:  This pic was taken right before I was told to lose 50 pounds.

edited to add I've lost 15 pounds since then......
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 11:37:36 am by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 12:08:04 pm »
Lose 50 pounds? WHERE FROM? You'd be anorexic if you did! I honestly don't know where the doctors get their weight charts from... maybe the Nancy Regan stick insect 'You Can't Be Too Rich Or Too Thin' school of medicine? Who on earth wants to look like an egyptian mummy even if it is dressed by Chanel? Actually, being too thin is a whole lot worse for your health than a bit of extra 'insulation'.  :)

I usd to be on a perpetual diet and now I just don't give a monkeys. I chucked my scales out as they were nothing but a constant cause of neurosis.  :-X Anyway, I like food more than I want to to be a size 6.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 12:31:41 pm by Senghe »

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 01:46:13 pm »
i don't get on scales either.  Who cares about weight.  I just try to constantly east better.  not that it works, but i try.  I really shoudl try to be more active too....  there certainly isn't 50 pouns on you to lose, plus it looks to me like you are at a pretty apropriate size for your build.  we aren't all mede to be the same shape.  your boobs would look a little silly on someone 50 pound lighter than you.