Author Topic: Totally Off Topic - PLEASE Tell Me I'm Not Alone Here???  (Read 4089 times)

k2campbell

Totally Off Topic - PLEASE Tell Me I'm Not Alone Here???
« on: December 17, 2005, 08:38:05 pm »
OK.  We all know that when any of us have a little too much booze - we get a little silly.  My hubby watched "Zoolander" yesterday afternoon before we went to his company X-mas party (and - well) you'll see...

Between the beers on the way to the party (we took a limo because the cabs were all booked-up), the wine with dinner (and) the Jagr-Bomb shots we were doing up in one of his co-worker's rooms (the party was at a hotel), Eric kept striking the "Blue Steel" look (Ben Stillar's signature pose from Zoolander) for EVERY SINGLE PICTURE anyone took.  Not joking.  EVERY SINGLE PICTURE...  ::)

It was funny the first few times (but) after the fifth or sixth time - I told him the charge for me to babysit for the night was $10/hour, and that he'd better pay-up! 

OH - and the most entertaining portion of the night was Eric's rendition of "Feel Like Making Love" being sang in the most slurred & annoying tone all the way home (again - in the limo).  Did I mention - all the way home FOR THE HOUR DRIVE???  :-X  That poor limo driver...

PLEASE tell me that I'm not on my own here - some of you must deal with this type of behaviour (at some point or another)?  PLEASE!!!  ;)

P.S.  I'm in the 1st picture with "Mr. Blue Steel"...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 08:41:09 pm by k2campbell »

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Totally Off Topic - PLEASE Tell Me I'm Not Alone Here???
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 08:45:00 pm »
Thats too funny. Mine did that at least once a week. Thats why I am alone now. LOL I can handle once a year even a couple times a year. Its that Canadian does it every time. Id be sooo rich if I charged him to babysit. LOL
Your hubby looks like he was having a great time. Isnt that what Christmas parties are for?? LOL
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 08:58:16 pm »
OK, I could regale you with billions of stories of Matt and his maturity (Or lack therof).  But I will only tell you one.  We watched Super Troopers, and Matt insisted on interjecting "Meow" every other word to EVERYONE we talked to.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Blair

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 09:49:22 pm »
OK, I could regale you with billions of stories of Matt and his maturity (Or lack therof).  But I will only tell you one.  We watched Super Troopers, and Matt insisted on interjecting "Meow" every other word to EVERYONE we talked to.

Ang Ben loves that movie and does that ALL the time to people  ::)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 09:57:36 pm »
Hmmm.......... ......well, unfortunately, my hubby's taste in movies is a few steps below those on the classy meter.  Think Dumb and Dumber meets National Lampoon's (insert movie) and you pretty much have my husband.  He's very much into bodily functions, getting drunk, and acting like an idiot in public.  I'm not kidding.  He has no problem letting one rip out in a crowded room, making crude jokes at other's expense, and basically acting like a caveman.

Which is why I never take him out in public anymore.   :P

Edited to add:  I keep him locked up and only let him out on special occasions.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 09:58:25 pm by ZooCrew »

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 11:32:31 pm »
When I get that look, it means my underwear is too tight!

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 12:18:54 am »
When I get that look, it means my underwear is too tight!
[/color]

OUCH!!!  :o

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 02:53:02 am »
I have to say that I am very fortunate.  My husband has the occasional beer or two, but hasn't been intoxicated in years.  *knock on wood*  I imagine though, that if he did get intoxicated... I would have similar experiences.  lol

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 10:40:48 am »
Oh, Kelly! HA! I'm sorry, but after dealing with my big 12 year old, 34 year old boyfriend all weekend and his childish BS, I'm all to happy to LAUGH MY BUTT off at your story and pics!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA A!  (there it goes, the butt just fell right off!)

Mark hardly ever gets drunk even though he goes to the bar quite a bit. (His best friend is a bartender) But, when he does, its hilarious.

On his 30th birthday, I spent the entire night holding his head up as he puked in the bushes on the campus of the University of North Carolina (In DOWNTOWN Chapel Hill...ack!) and cried, "Please, please Nicole....you're not gonna tell my mom, right? Don't tell my mom...." This was after we had been at an Irish pub all night, where he proceeded to get up on stage with the Celtic band that was playing and dance a jig, and announce to the whole bar how much he loves his "wee lass" (that's me.) I guess once you get on stage in a crowded bar and announce your birthday, people start to buy you drinks. Lots of drinks. Lots and lots of drinks. And then you end up in the bushes on the campus of the University of North Carolina....in downtown Chapel Hil....with your girlfriend promising not to call mommy....

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 11:48:35 am »
Oh the flashbacks!! I'm really too embarrassed to tell you about some of the things my wonderful husband has done in drunken stupors. Let's just say they involved running down the road in a strange town thinking he was going to "walk" home, trying to play "weatherman" in front of a stranger's TV, and an unfortunate urination incident.

He's OK with beer, but don't break out the Jagermeister - it brings out the devil in his German brain!

I feel for you. Glad I'm not alone, though.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 11:49:41 am »
OH - and the most entertaining portion of the night was Eric's rendition of "Feel Like Making Love" being sang in the most slurred & annoying tone all the way home (again - in the limo). 

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHHAAAA!  *Plunk* 

Yeah, my butt fell off too! 

Scott doesn't really drink, but please be assured that he embarasses me in a myriad of other ways, on a daily basis.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2005, 11:56:56 am »
Marsi, I'm thinkin' that there may be something to this "laugh-diet". Now if I could only laugh a little bit of my thighs right off....

Anakalia

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2005, 02:33:43 pm »
HAHAHAHAA!!  This thread is too funny!!  This is the reason I choose to stay home when Tony goes out for the evening...or evenings as it's been recently.  He's embarrassed me one to many times and I now refuse to be in his presence when he's drunk! lol  I won't even go into details because it's THAT BAD! ;D

Andi

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2005, 03:04:43 pm »
Tony's a D****E.

:P

Sorry...couldn't help it! hehehe!

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2005, 04:15:06 pm »
Hmmm................well, unfortunately, my hubby's taste in movies is a few steps below those on the classy meter.  Think Dumb and Dumber meets National Lampoon's (insert movie) and you pretty much have my husband.  He's very much into bodily functions, getting drunk, and acting like an idiot in public.  I'm not kidding.  He has no problem letting one rip out in a crowded room, making crude jokes at other's expense, and basically acting like a caveman.

Which is why I never take him out in public anymore.   :P

Edited to add: I keep him locked up and only let him out on special occasions. ;D

I keep my former marine locked up too most of the time.  The worst is when he says that he will be the DD for the night, and then come last call he is still drinking.  I of course, knowing this would happen stopped drinking many hours prior......