Author Topic: Didn't get the good job  (Read 4989 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Didn't get the good job
« on: December 18, 2005, 01:22:46 pm »
I got this email today.

Hi Ang,

Thank you for applying to HandicappedPet s.com for a position on our team.
Last week, we selected and hired someone we felt was an ideal fit. These decisions are always difficult as a number of clearly qualified people contacted us. We will keep your resume on file as we expect to hiring again in three to six months.

Thanks again for applying and best of luck in your search for a position.
-----------------------

I'm wicked ****ing pissed because they TOLD me that there would be 2nd interviews.  Why lie to me?  AND they said that I was over qualified for the job that they're going to be hiring for in a few months.  PLUS I wrote to them on Wednesday and asked them and they said they're still in the interview process and to wait till the end of the week, so I did.  I'm just rip **** because everytime it looks like I'm gonna pull myself out of the **** pile, I get knocked back on my ***.  ARGHHHH I want to beat something/one right now.

BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't get the good job
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 01:25:53 pm »
The right job will come along.  Just consider the failed attempts good interviewing practice.  There is a perfect job out there for you, it just might not be ready right now.  Good things come to those that wait!
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 01:26:31 pm »
Aw, Ang!

**** it! That makes ME mad, too! They should have been more honest and up-front with you. Those ba**ard albatrosses.

I'm really sorry, honey! But, that just means that the perfect thing for you is yet to be found. But don't stop trying! I know how frustrating this whole thing can be, I've definitely been there and done that. I know that you don't want to hear a little pep-talk, but just remember, you did a wicked job in that interview, and they were super impressed. That is good preparation for you NEXT interview. Interviewing is definitely a skill, and you're improving and honing that skill. Keep tryin, Ang!

If I had a job, I would hire you!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 02:17:58 pm by Jacksmom »

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 01:34:36 pm »
Oh Ang!!! That was so unfair of them! The least they could have done was let yoou know that there was not going to be a second interview, so you could go on to bigger and better things!
I'm still rooting for you.
Stella

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 02:08:25 pm »
Oh man....that stinks!
It's so hard when you are really looking forward to something and it gets yanked away without warning.
The right job is out there for you and now you're one step closer to finding it.

Hope you feel better soon.

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 06:53:09 pm »
OK and I'm also mad because I ordered pizza.  First time I called Matt was calling and I asked the girl if she could hold on a sec.  I clicked over to Matt told him to wait a minute and clicked back to her and she had hung up!  So then I call again get this kid who tells me that they don't deliver to my area (Even though they have for the past 5 years), then says I can't use my AAA discount on anything excpet a kid's meal.  WHAAAAA?  So then I get an online coupon and he says he can't do double discounts.  What do you mean double discounts?  Well I can only use the card or the coupon, not both.  YOU SAID I COULDN"T USE THE CARD!  Then he tells me it'll be half an hour to 45 minutes.  They're only like 3/4 a mile down the road but I understand traffic is bad.

Hour later my pizza isn't here, i call back get the girl that hung up on me.  Tell her I am irked.  She says she'll check.  Comes back, "He's late."  NO S*** SHERLOCK!  He's stuck in traffic, and he has 2 in front of you.  Ummm isn't that what you take my number for?  To TELL me that he's going to be late?  I can cancel my order if I want.  Ummmm.  No I want my pizza.  I don't care if it's going to be congealed and taste like crap.  It's the principla of the thing D*** IT!

ARGHHHHHHHH >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Blair

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 07:00:20 pm »
I am sorry Ang  :( I know how much you wanted that job. And I am sorry those pizza people are morons. Hope you day gets better for you.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 08:44:10 pm »
I'm sure something great will come along, although in my experience sometime you have to take a less than ideal position until you find the right job.

Sorry you are having such a bad day too; tomorrow WILL be better.

Deena

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 10:21:33 pm »
I'm assuming your talking about papa ginos. I think it is annoying how the aaa card is only good for kids meals, but we always use it and get  a free chicken finger kids meal as an appetizer - theie chicken fingers are really good.

And you should deffinately speak to the manager. that happened to us once where it was supposed to take and hour and it was closer to two hours and we complained and got a cupon for a free meal.
RIP former BPO

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 01:16:18 am »
I have a pizza story too..... We called in and ordered pizza from literaly 1/4 mile down the street.  They told us it would be 45 min, which is normal in our busy area, but it usually comes early.   An hour later we cal back to find out why it isn't here yet....

They tell us that they don't have an order for us in the computer, and asked if we ordered from a differnt papa john's..no we didn't because we have them in speed dial.

Well then they must have called and not gotten ahold of us.. no because the number you have is a cell phone and keeps a call log.

Well then we can make a pizza for you what would you like....oh, and it will be 45 minutes to deliver.  So i decide to just pick it up.

When i get there they made it WRONG!!! so i have to wait while they fix another pizza. 

They gave it to us free, and gaveus a 2L coke too, but the whole ordeal took almost 2 hours.....

GRRRRRR.......

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 10:45:59 am »
Hahahaha Heather it was Papa Ginos!  And yeah their Chicken Tenders are AWESOME.  At the hour and a half mark I called and finally got ahold of a manager.  I told him the story, and I said look I understand it taking longer (The road that they're on is the main road that our street comes off of.  It's all retail, and there's a HUGE mall there too, so the week before CHristmas of course traffic is going to suck) but what got me upset is that they didn't call to tell me there was going to be a problem.  I told him I'm not going to give out my unlisted number (It's a cell phone of course it isn't listed :P ) if they're not going to use it to benefit me.  He told me to hold on, and another manager gets on the phone, says that since the order has already gone out she can't take off charges but she gave me a credit for the amount I spent (Minus the coupon).  Yay.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 11:23:13 am »
Whenever I order pizza and it takes a while I snack while a wait then when the pizza comes I'm not hungry anymore.  That is why I have to do drive thrus that are really close to my house.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 11:37:12 am »
Hi,

Sorry the Job didn't happen. Their loss not yours!! 3/4's of a mile sounds like a nice walk with the dog, opps dogs you have multiple fur kids, so would be tough walking, although the return trip would probably made a fantastic post.

3 dogs and a pizza on the Icy roads.

Anky check this link http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com/about/positions.asp

They are HQ'd in North Chelmsford MA. Is that a reasonable commute for you? 

Good Luck the right thing will come along for you.

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 11:55:49 am »
I completely understand what you're going through right now, I am trying to make a career change and get into the industry I'm really interested in, which is film production.  So many opportunities look like they're going to happen and then they don't.  Multiple interviews, letters of recommendation, endless emailing and then nothing.  It's getting really frustrating, the jobs I get offers for are  for recent college grads, pay nothing and are in industries that I either know nothing about or have no interest in.  But you gotta keep trying, someone will give you a break.  All I can say is Network, Network, Network!  You never know who you'll meet.  Just last week, in a chance encounter I met a recruiter for LucasFilm LTD.  Who knows if it will make anything happen, but at least I met her.  Those are the things that will make it all happen.  I recently read an article on this subject, you might want to read it too, it's a quick read. 

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20030101/25049.html

Keep it up, you gotta remain hopeful!  That's the only way I keep going.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 11:59:21 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 03:51:10 pm »
Thank you SOOOOO much for that article.  I printed it out.