Author Topic: Moving to Vancouver Island  (Read 3076 times)

Offline leosrme

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Moving to Vancouver Island
« on: May 04, 2005, 06:14:32 am »
Hi,
I am in the Uk at the moment with my hubby, Leonberger Max and labrador, Bruno.
We are planning a move to Vancouver Island, hopefully by the beginning of next year. I wondered if there are any giant breed owners on the list who are on Vancouver Island?  It would be great to email with anyone who knows the island etc. We back out there at the beginning of Sept for another "reckie" before we finally move out.
Anyone out there?
Thanks,
Leosrme ;D

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Moving to Vancouver Island
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 09:36:24 am »
How do you like Victoria?  What are the conditions that Canada accepts people from the U.S.?  I've always thought Canada to be a better place to live - more open minded, etc.  My sister always says she wishes there was a country that will take her as a refugee.  Ha! Ha!  Maybe some day if things keep up the way they are going here.  I am always afraid that, with the U.S. becoming so petty, that soon the state or city (actually it's more like a town) where I reside will ban certain dogs, like rottweilers.  I don't know what I would do....except move away, because my dogs are so much a part of my everyday life and rottweilers are my soul mates.

What is it like living with dogs in the UK?  Are the dog owners pretty courteous and respectful?  I've heard France is extremely dog friendly, but that may only be to the carry-around lap dags.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 09:38:14 am by moonlitcroatia »
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Lexy Loo

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Vancouver Island
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 10:17:14 am »
Hi Everyone!

We are new to this site but old to the ideas of loving and cherishing my pooch! :D
I have a 3 year old lab/shepard/husky/border collie X named Siddah.  We currently reside in Victoria, BC Canada and love it!
Having moved over here recently from the lower mainland, we have spent the last 6 months discovering what Victoria is like for people and pets.  I have been incredibly impressed with the amount of nice places to walk, including many places with off leash access.  What I see so far is that the bylaws are quite sticky on the beaches in the summer, however there are beautiful places like Thetis Lake that offer year round off leash walking and cool water for the dogs. 

I hope you enjoy your stay here in Victoria and we'd love to walk with you one day!