Author Topic: It's winter officially!  (Read 5276 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
It's winter officially!
« on: December 20, 2005, 11:16:36 am »
Today is the first official day of winter, the shortest day of the year.  ;D While most of you have been feeling winter for some time, I am really hoping that today DOES feel like winter. It has to at some point right.  ??? I love the cold and it has been in the high 60's (t-shirt/flip-flop) weather since last week. I have even been talking to Nicki at 5 pm here (PST) with all of my windows open while I cook dinner. Ugh- Jenn, I think you and Old man winter need to have a little chat again.  :)

So come on guys, those with snow and those without, lets tell Old Man Winter to get is behind in gear and make it feel like Christmas everywhere already!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: It's winter officially!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 11:20:11 am »
First Day of Winter!! I didn't even notice. We ARE having a few flurries right now, but all the snow we did have has been gone for a week. This is not normal for Newfoundland, though I did ask Old Man Winter to send some snow your way so maybe that is where our snow is heading!!!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 11:23:33 am »
Sorry, can't help you. It's supposed to be 70 degrees here Christmas Eve!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 11:34:28 am »
Supposed to be 72 degrees here today.   >:(
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 12:17:02 pm »
Y'all can have the cold!  Sent me the heat.  It hasn't gotten above the 50's here all week and I'm miserable.  Bring on summer!   ;D
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 02:07:57 pm »
It's too hot to take the dogs for a walk...now, how can that be four days before Christmas??!!!  I can feel a full pout coming on.  How can we have a fire in the fireplace with the air conditioning on?

SEND US SOME COLD WEATHER....ple ase?? :(

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 02:10:54 pm »
It's too hot to take the dogs for a walk...now, how can that be four days before Christmas??!!!  I can feel a full pout coming on.  How can we have a fire in the fireplace with the air conditioning on?

SEND US SOME COLD WEATHER....ple ase?? :(

I hear ya! I'm pagan, and we're supposed to have a bonfire and burn a yule log...I can't even bear to contemplate a fire at this point. The dogs might mutiny!!!!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

dohertyswissy

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 03:55:31 pm »
Alright, kids, you are all welcome to come on over to our house for the Christmas festivities!  I about froze my arse off this a.m. when Ranger decided that potty time was at 2:00 a.m.  As I was getting ready, it was 25 degrees, 19 with the wind chill, and even Ranger's favorite frisbee had frost on it!  We'll crank up the fire and I'll make apple cider (spiked with Captain Morgan's of course)! 

{72 degrees and flip flops sounds like my kinda weather :)}

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 04:04:36 pm »
Today is the first official day of winter, the shortest day of the year.  ;D While most of you have been feeling winter for some time, I am really hoping that today DOES feel like winter. It has to at some point right.  ??? I love the cold and it has been in the high 60's (t-shirt/flip-flop) weather since last week. I have even been talking to Nicki at 5 pm here (PST) with all of my windows open while I cook dinner. Ugh- Jenn, I think you and Old man winter need to have a little chat again.  :)

So come on guys, those with snow and those without, lets tell Old Man Winter to get is behind in gear and make it feel like Christmas everywhere already!
so why does it feel like the longest day of the year?  :)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 04:07:40 pm »
We barley have any snow here and I think that it is suppose to rain on Saturday, if it does it will be the first time in 10 years that Edmonton has had a brown Christmas. Right now there is some snow but not much, and it is warm, for here anyway it is 41 degrees. Normally it is around 12 degrees or colder. So I'd love some winter up here too!  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 04:11:02 pm »
Warm weather....alr eady I forget what that is all about. With the wind chill it is -13C or 8F. My legs are still burning from the cold because of the hour long walk we just came in from (the dogs can't get enough of this weather!). I am counting the days down until the weather warms...only 4 more months...sure it's nice to have snow for Christmas and the dogs LOVE it, but it would be nice to try the warm weather thing all year long!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 04:25:32 pm »
65+ Here in Fresno/Clovis.
Can't say I miss the snow, having moved here from SLC, Utah.
BUT...It is nice to have a White Christmas!
Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy Holidays for the rest of you.
Gotta be PC!
Cheers,
John and Tulsa
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 04:28:16 pm »
The windchill here has been below zero everyday for the past few weeks.  I decided it was officially winter a few weeks ago as soon as my nose hairs started freezing when I opened the back dog to let the dogs out. 
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

dohertyswissy

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 04:29:08 pm »

so why does it feel like the longest day of the year?  :)

I am with you Lins....this day REFUSES to end   >:(

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 04:29:14 pm »
The windchill here has been below zero everyday for the past few weeks.  I decided it was officially winter a few weeks ago as soon as my nose hairs started freezing when I opened the back dog to let the dogs out. 
no kidding.  I don't remember fall even!