Author Topic: I hate to admit it -- but I have a poop eater!  (Read 8014 times)

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: I hate to admit it -- but I have a poop eater!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 10:02:10 am »
April,
Sadie is a BEAST already!  She'll be 9 months on the 31st, and she's already at 92lbs.  How is Kiah's weight doing? I know you were concerned about that a month or so back.  I've been curious as to how she's doing.  Love the reindeer ears!!! LOL
Rachel

Kiahpyr

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 10:05:51 am »
Kiah's nine months and weighs 80lbs. I guess she'll be on the small side for a pyr. That's okay with me. I love her no matter what. We did switch food and she loves it. I think she's going through a growth spurt or something. She's eating like a horse. Maybe she's just a late bloomer. LOL!!!! Thanks for asking!

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 10:12:44 am »
I'm so glad she's gaining some weight though! Sadie went through about a week of not wanting to eat her food. Perhaps it was all that dining on her poo that did it?? (gross...).  I started mixing wet and dry food, and she's been eating it up like mad.  I do hope she slows down with the weight gain or we're going to have a monster on our hands before long.  Merry Christmas to you and Kiah :-)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 02:04:59 pm »
My Sadie is a poop eater, too. She's not into her own, though. She will occasionally get Riley's, but usually it's smaller dogs' poop. We have a dog park in our neighborhood, and there are a lot of vines. People pick up the poop outside the vines, but no in the vines... It creates a cycle, b/c no one wants to walk in the vines to pick up their dogs' poop-you don't know what you'll step on (can't see a thing through the vines).

Riley likes the vines a lot and will roll around in them (so far he hasn't come running back to me with poop smears on his coat, knock on wood). He chews on something, but I think it's the leaves (see one of the pics in his bio) and maybe acorns-haven't ever found anything when I opened his mouth.

Oh, and the vines are where Sadie finds the dead squirrels (two in the past two months)... they aren't cut or bleeding, just dead and stiff... Makes you wonder. She's never caught a live one (not sure that she'd do anything but carry it, as she's cornered a baby bird before and just bounced around trying to get it to play with her).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 02:05:47 pm by macybean »