Author Topic: Change in Dog Food??  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Change in Dog Food??
« on: December 29, 2005, 12:59:15 pm »
Boo is currently on the Blue Buffalo Adult Formula Lamb and Brown Rice food but I'm thinking of changing her to the Natura Innova Large Breed Puppy food.  Any thoughts on either brand good or bad??  ???  I don't know if this helps but her poops have been kinda soft for a little while (although this may be from her constant rawhide chewing)!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: Change in Dog Food??
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 02:43:41 pm »
How old is she?  Most large breed puppies do not need a puppy food but rather an 'all life stages' food.  I feed Canidae and have been very very happy with it.  There is lots and lots of information on the web about how to choose a food and also you can do a search on here, we've talked alot about different kinds of food.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 02:55:46 pm »
I can't but echo what Rachel said. Puppyfood is for small to medium sized dogs, large and giant breeds rarely need it, they will get too much protein and grow too fast to cut the explanation short  ;)

There are many good foods out there, I like the hollisic ones. Eagle Pack is one of my personal fav's. But I think the number one thing to look out for with a giant puppy is to not feed a food with too much protein.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 03:03:06 pm »
Heres a great site to help you compare foods
 http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood/

If you go into the forums http://www.mordanna.com/boards/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=dogfood  there is a breakdown of all the food formulas ...sure beats searching websites to compare.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 03:08:07 pm by VdogLover »