Author Topic: BullySticks Alright For My Big Paw Pup?  (Read 3432 times)

k2campbell

BullySticks Alright For My Big Paw Pup?
« on: December 21, 2005, 11:26:34 am »
Kate received a bullystick as a Christmas gift.  I know they’re ok for adult dogs (but) would it be OK for her at 5 mnths old?  It’s a medium-sized one.  Sure looks good!  ;)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: BullySticks Alright For My Big Paw Pup?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 11:30:41 am »
If it's at all possible, try to find out where it came from.  Some that are imported are cured in arsenic....obv iously not good for a young pupper!!  Air dried or roasted are far better and those are usually from the good ole USA!

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 11:38:29 am »
Bubba loves bully sticks. But they do give him the runs so I don't buy them often. He's had them on and off since he was 9 weeks old.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 11:40:56 am by Lyn »

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 11:51:42 am »
Thanks guys!  Arsenic?  OMG – that can’t be good!  It is wrapped-up in some sort of plastic, I noticed a label (so) I’ll check it out tonight to see where it comes from before giving it to Kate.  I'll watch her with it (and) watch for the runs too...

Lyn - that is SUCH a cute picture of Bubba - LOVE IT!!!  Thanks for sharing!   ;)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 05:56:56 pm »
Bullysticks from the good ol USA are great for a teething pup. The downside of foreign ones, besides the worry about the chemicals is that they also smell horrible (probably because of the chemicals). Merrick ones (made in us) don't smell too bad.

Zoey LOVES bullysticks
RIP former BPO

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 06:41:34 pm »
Oh yeah, and a bully stick was the LAST thing Cowboy had before he got so sick CHE!  We don't know if there was any connection but, trust me!  he's NEVER having another bully stick!!!

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 02:11:59 am »
OH GOSH - if a Bullystick is the last thing Cowboy ate before he got sick - that kinda freaks me out!!!  :o

Shangrila I love the 1st pic of Zoey - she has the sweetest expression through her eyes!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 02:12:39 am by k2campbell »

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Re: Bully Sticks Alright For My Big Paw Pup?
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 02:36:30 am »
I was ok with bully sticks until I had to pick one up off the floor. Not that I'll buy anymore, but from now on, they are outdoor treats!