Author Topic: Did I finally figure it out?  (Read 9303 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Did I finally figure it out?
« on: December 21, 2005, 01:07:47 pm »
I have been trying to get Harley's picture on here for quite some time I just want to see if I finally did it!!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Did I finally figure it out?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 01:09:46 pm »
I see a pic in your avatar, nice  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 01:10:13 pm »

OHHHH I think it worked - not the best picture but it was one of the only ones that was small enough (?) well anyway that is Harley he is a four year old Flat Coated Retriever - he is VERY naughty but I LOVE him and he LOVES me - he tolerates the rest of the family!!!

Offline Svnt4God

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 01:10:19 pm »
Yep ... looks like you figured it out.  What a cute puppy !!!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 01:14:01 pm »
OK what is an avatar?  I feel so computer illiterate!!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 01:29:47 pm »
You did it,  love your boys smile.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 03:49:50 pm »
He's fab--look at that grin.  I can just see the mischief in him!

I love flatties.  The two that I've known have had the funnest personalities, all drive and go out in the field, and just "aw, I need a beer and some snugglin!'  Where's my girl at?" at home.  They were like redneck cousins, those two.

Yes, their terrible dogdad gave them have beer if they hunted well.  Only half a cup, though!

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 04:29:25 pm »
Harley is sooo cute! Just wanted to let you know, know that you figures out how to post a pic and will be doing it more often I hope, that Harley has his own section! Flat Coated Retrievers are now added!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 11:00:20 am »
Yeah!!  Flat Coats now have an area!!

Hopefully I will get some good pictures this weekend of Harley and his cousin Eli - a yellow lab playing they are so cute together.  Harley's big issue is he mounts dogs....big dogs, small dogs, girl dogs, boy dogs it just doesn't matter to him....yes he is fixed because before that he mounted EVERYTHING people, fire hydrants, trees, his crate, his toys, blankets EVERYTHING.  So he and Eli take turns until neither one can stand anymore they run then mount etc....really quite gross but they are dogs and since my sister-in-law doesn't mind and the dogs don't mind I guess it is OK????

Offline traklover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 09:19:40 am »
I am delighted to see that flat coats made it back to the board. I am only infrequently checking now, as both flat coats and curly coats were orginally on the board, then they disappeared and a rare retriever breed was put in then, then it disappeared too. I was begining to think that the only allowed retrievers were labs and golden. I am very happy that flats are now being re-admitted to the retriever group, after all they are brethren of my curlies! Maybe someday they will re-admit the curlies, (we did have more than one discussion thread and picture thread going when we got axed). After all we can't discuss these rarer breeds if there is no place for them. Hope to hear more about your flats, flats would have been my next choice for a dog.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 11:28:33 am »
Hi Traklover - what a handsome curly retriever!!  He looks very happy and smiley (if your dog is a girl I apologize!)  - I looked into Curly retrievers when we got Harley - I had read an article about Flat Coats when my other day was still around so when she passed I set out to find one - which wasn't easy I thought I would have to give up my first born!!

Right after we got him we were at Disney World (without him of course) and we saw a Curly Puppy about 6 months old he was going to be a service dog so he was allowed in.  Anyway what a doll he was!! 

When I was researching I read that Curly's were more of a one person dog while flat coats are more of a family dog, I don't know if it is True??  Harley does love the family but me best!!!

He is also a HUGE whiner - whines like a baby all the time - I spoke to the breeder and she said he is just wimpy because not all flats whine - I probably babied him to much as a pup.

Anyway, glad to have our dogs back on this site!!!

Offline traklover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 09:35:54 am »
Rica is a girl, and tends to a very happy one. I also have a six month old liver pup, also a girl. I live alone so I can't comment on whether they are one person dogs. A friend also has a pup from the same litter as my pup, and says that she notices how very attached my two are to me, and doesn't feel hers is as tight to her and her family. I think Callie, is very attached, just has more people to worship. Like flats, Curlies are very difficult to find. I was very lucky to get my pup when I did, I had to drive about 700 miles to get her, and that was close for this breed. I considered several breeders but the timing was right on this litter, and would have been very difficult on the others. At a local dog show I was talking to a couple and they had gotten a flattie within the past year, they had to bring the dog in from half a continent away.
With regards to talking, the pup is a talker, moans and groans like nobody's business but the older one, Rica is very quiet, seems to be afraid to open her mouth, in case some one realizes she is around. I guess it is all in the dog's personality or how they are raised. Rica, I adopted as a four yr old directly from the breeder, and she tends to be almost timid. I posted some pics here http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos of the dogs. Rica, the six year old always has a red collar on, and is slightly bigger. Callie, my friends pup is also black and in recent pictures is almost as big as Rica. Magda is the liver pup. Both pups will be larger than Rica I think, and both weigh almost as much as Rica now. Rica is a small female and weighs 55 to 60 lbs, on the small end of breed standard.