Author Topic: Tough Day  (Read 12792 times)

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Tough Day
« on: May 11, 2005, 02:31:24 pm »
    Let me start out saying I love my puppy but she is really driving me crazy :'( This morning I woke up found pee on my two doggies. Took both of them a bath. Rushed one to a vet in Daly City. The racing the other to another vet across the city. While on the highway my puppy decieded to go to the back sheet (everytime she does that she ends up goign to the bathroom back there.) So I had to keep one hand on her while driving to make sure she doesn't get up and poo. But couldn't so that for long so decieded to keep an eye and hold it behold one sec later she poos in the backseat and it was soft stool too... Then to top it off she steps on it and got it all over the back seat and with no where to go she lay right on top of it.  THen she got up a little bit later and threw up twice, SO the only thing in my mind is get her to the vet, (there is a grooming shop there) And then when  finally got there I picked her up (her leash was filled with poo) and rushed her in there. I then ask the receptionist if thney have anywhere I can clean her and the receptionist (a bit stuck up) told me to go to the bathroom. Went in and was like "there is no way puppy can fit in that tiny sink. " Came out and was like is there anywhere I can wash the dog. She said there is groomer downstairs and she added you missed your appointment. Right after that she said you want to take the to get groomed or vet checked. (This whole time she had this whatever attuide) I was like I want to get her vet checked but she does have poo ALL OVER. THen she is like lets reschule and then the time they had was really bad for me. So I was like I can't( keep in mind I am holding a poo filled doggy and poo is now on me too) Then she just said then I can not help you. I was like... Then I go do you have anywhere I can wash the dog. Then she called the vet reschule for fri and i rushed the dog downstairs to groomers. WHen I was there person was on the phone. THen she got off I tried to explain what happened (she has this I don;t give a  beep attuide( Anyway she called vet and vet said okay dog can be groomed. So finally done and then went upstairs and said "thnak to the receptionist" but she in the same I don't care sent is off with another thank you and left. So in another words bad morning,bad  vet visit. I really want to look for a vet and vet's staff. That are nice and caring, not giveing me this I don;t care attuide. So now a bit calm btoh doggy where they supppose to be. Thanks for reading it to this point. Fiinished venting .....
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.

GR8DAME

Re: Tough Day
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 03:00:28 pm »
I'm sorry you had such a rotten experience this morning. I just unloaded on a receptionist and vet tech a couple of weeks ago for a similar situation. I feel that I pay my vet for services--and with three big dogs I pay them often and well--and I expect those services to be rendered in a caring, professional manner. If that is too dificult for them to understand and they feel that they can't accomodate me, then I will go elsewhere. By the way, I also suggested that they seek employmnt that didn't require interaction with other people or living creatures, as they weren't very good at it. If they can be so rude to you, how do they treat the animals that are entrusted to their care?Best advise:find a new vet. There are too many good ones out there to waste our time and money on the lousy ones.
Stella

Offline momma-st

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 03:53:09 pm »
Hi! it is nice to meet you.  I just wanted to say that i would find a new vet to take my puppy to... And so sorry that you had a bad day. Better luck on the next vet visit. Maggie and Mom

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 04:10:03 pm »
How awful! A bad day with bad people...rest & relax- tomorrow will be better.  :) BTWm I hope you all are clean and smelling nice now.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 08:48:44 am »
Hey Ting1SF, I see you live in San Francisco.  I live up in Novato and we love the vet and groomer that we take our Newf Drake to.  I know it might be a bit of a drive, but if you are really looking for a quality vet and groomer, it might be worth the trip.  Our vet is Dr. Jim Coddington, his clinic is called the Country Vet which is located in Novato.  He absolutely LOVES animals.  The first time we took Drake to him, he got down on his knees and let Drake lick his face.  He really wants to get to know his "patients" before he begins prodding and probing them.  As for our groomers, we go to "Doggy Styles" (yes that's their name) and they do such a great job.  Newfies are very hard dogs to groom and they do an absolutely top notch job.  They are located in Mill Valley which isn't too far from the city.  I'm sure there's good vets and groomers in San Fran but I don't know about any of them.  These are the one's I can suggest and if you're willing to make the drive, they are really awesome!!!
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 10:23:42 am »
Well I am a day late, so I hope your day today is much better. I would probably have gone totally wild, with vet staff and groomer with an attitude like that. I guess they have never had puppy trouble themselves. I know where you come from and it is not a good feeling when not one thing goes right, then having to deal with none caring staff......

But think of it this way, in a couple of weeks you will laugh about it, and keep it as a fond memory of puppy time...

Good luck for your tomorrow app. with vet.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 02:34:36 pm »
im so sorry to hear about your day....but i cannot believe how well you handled it! 

i would have talked to the vet himself and aired my concerns, then on my way out, flipped her the bird 8) and whispered some not so nice words in her ear.  as you can tell, i am very immature, but SOMETIMES IT FEELS SO GOOD  :D

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 02:43:11 pm »
I too have a local vet 2 miles away, with bad attitude. I brought my cat there once, & he tells me how he just don't like cats. So I drive 20 miles to go to my horses TRUSTED vet of 20 years.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 02:58:42 pm »
Thanks all you guys for your replying. Just reading all your replies already made this seem like nothgin at all hehe. :) Well a small update. I am changing a vet hospital. I posted on craigslist about pets umlimited and there was someone who use to work with them that totally agree with my findings. But either way I got a lot of good recommendation s for the sunset area. These people been taking their animals there for over 10 years :) So I am going to try out this new place and hope all goes well. But still thanks for the recommendation s here. If this one doesn't work out we can start traveling further :) As for the puppy. I left her at the groomers there and she is all cleaned up. But I found out later that the collar she was wearing still have poo on it and I had to clean that up myself. I would think they would at least rinse it Anyway the puppy is clean and passed out on the sofa  The car and even me of course is all cleaned up hehe.  Today no accidents yet (knock on wood) Hehe. :)
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 03:03:25 pm »
Very good news.  I currently see two vets, one that is only about 3 miles from us and one that is 15 miles.  That way if one is out when need someone I can take them to the other one.  I make sure I have a record of all of the files. That way I all ways have two vets that my dog know.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 02:49:12 pm »
UPDATE: Two ppl from Craigslist recommended me a Vet hospital 3 min from me. And so I set up an appointment for today. I just got back from them and I am so glad I switched hospitals. I REALLY like the staff and the vet there. They were really informative, nice and caring. And on the plus side they are cheaper than the two other places I went to  ;D They answered every question I had with patience and I came out of a lot less clueless. And the check up result: Puppy is healthy but just a bit under weight so me going to increae her food. But other than that she is healthly :) Thanks all for your concern and help!!!!

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 04:08:25 pm »
I am very happy for you, it is so comforting to have a vet that you like and trust and a great bonus that the new one is cheaper.  You must be thrilled  ;D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 10:04:44 pm »
Wow!..What a sucky day for you & yours!...I too had a vet once that left alot to be desired as far as the staffs compassion...I left speedy quick!...I found a vet 15 miles away that I loved & it was worth the drive...We now own a home in the same town as the vet that I found I liked...It's not just a coincidence that Ichose a home in this town...lol...M y criteria for a house was a large yard lots of natural light, a screened in porch for my cats & bunnies & in the same town as my vet...lol!...I am sorry you had to deal with that!