Author Topic: does your newfie give you gifts?  (Read 3145 times)

Offline mrpuppy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
does your newfie give you gifts?
« on: December 27, 2005, 07:42:02 pm »
bear will bring just one grain! of dogfood from his bowl,always!when I'm not looking! and lay it down in the exaaact!!! center!!! of where I sit,and there it is!several times it has been a bright,shiny new penny,I don't know where he found those!once again, always in the exact,precise same spot! a few times when I have walked him he would pick up a particuliarly big elm leaf,and,after we came back in,lay it in my lap very gently,than sit back and look at me expectantly with those indescribeable newfie eyes! I can,t count the number of times i'd be walking him and he'd make a faster than sight jump and come down with a monarch butterfly in his jaws whereupon he will stop,turn around,and lay it in my hand with an unmistakeably proud look in his eyes!,sometimes it would be dead without a mark on it,sometimes it would be alive and flutter off out of the palm of my hand!!! he has done both the leaf thing and the butterfly thing sometimes when I let him out by himself when he came back in!!! I wonder, has anybody else had their newfies do this?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 08:25:46 pm by mrpuppy »
bear,14 month old newfie,140 pounds (estimated)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: does your newfie give you gifts?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 08:01:33 pm »
I've never had that happen but it sounds super cute!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ozzysma

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 08:27:49 am »
that is the most adorable thing i have ever heard!! 

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 11:48:35 am »
That's AMAZING!!!  Usually I just get big ole drooly, wet heads thrown in my lap!  I can't help it....I love it!!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 04:13:03 pm »
omg bear is too cute!  fumble seems to pick things up and bring them to you to show you them.  His pigs ear, or we as we call it "chewy" seems to be the most common.  We gave him pigs ears, but he takes his time on them! when i say time, i mean weeks!  but when he starts chewing, he brings it with him everywhere.  He'll get up, mid chew, and bring the chewy to you, just to show you, nudge you with his nose and then go back to what he was doing.  also, outside, he'll grab sticks (the size of him, none the less!) and trot with it in the house to show my sister.  Nothing like bear though! hehee! i'm jealous!   :)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline mrpuppy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 06:05:12 pm »
I also learned from my favorite breeder person,linda volk at beach-nut newfies,she has bred them for 35 years,when I told her about bear and the way he brought gifts,she told me her newfies regularly bring her squirrels, skinned!!!
bear,14 month old newfie,140 pounds (estimated)